Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlena's sneering condescension to Hope at odds with John's words of forgiveness

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlena's sneering condescension to Hope at odds with John's words of forgiveness

Marlena is making me sick with that look she has perfected. Buddy buddy with Kristen and Ben, but her past
    friend Hope, no way. I don't want Hope to waste time on her.

I was thinking the same thing. She is so forgiving of everyone else but not hope. Hope didn't even realise what she was doing. You could tell Marlena was not accepting of hopes apology at all. You'd think she would have a little more understanding under the circumstances.

Comment

Frankly I'm already tired of Hope and Steve's guilt. As well as anyone who is making them feel guilty like Justin did Steve. They had zero control or knowledge, though it's possible Hope's memories signify Gina might not totally gone. Marlena shouldn't be acting anything but loving to her friend, and the same goes for everyone else. At least Kayla is angry over what STEVE did, not Stevano. This needs to be over yesterday.

Comment

Marlena, her highness, 😈will probably bond with Kayla next, if Kayla gets upset at Steve and Hope. I hope Kayla will be more understanding, and I hope
        the writers don't already plan some attitude for Hope to make it harder for Kayla. Hope needs a break from senseless writing.

Comment

Marlena was so kind and supportive to Ben who “killed” her grandson and others but not to Hope?

Comment

• Elle23276
            Elle23276
            Board Regular
            Elle23276 commented
            Editing a comment
            Marlena was, and is, Ben's court appointed therapist. Paid for what she does, I imagine. I don't see them socializing, as I'm sure Jarlena will with Hope in the future.

Yeah, I saw Marlena's cold exterior and cold reception to Hope's apology and I have to say, that was bogus and hypocritical of her! It makes no sense that Marlena would still be holding this against Hope, when she knows Hope had absolutely no control over what was done to her and that she was controlled by Stevano. Heck, Marlena herself was controlled by him for a short time, so why would she hold this against Hope? Marlena is always compassionate to anyone, especially her friends. If she can be compassionate to Ben, the serial killer that tried to kill her, where's that same compassion for a life long friend like Hope??

Comment

Marlena has been in this same spot herself many times & people didn't hold it against her.

Comment

Marlena has always been a prima dona. And for the record, she was not a good mother to Brady. She resented him after she heard John tell a little boy Brady that his mother, Isabella, was the love of his life. It got so bad John sent him off to boarding school. Then there was the story line about Marlena thinking Brady tried to kill Belle, instead he saved her life, and she had either Roman or Abe shoot Brady. Don't remember which. So this saintly smiling Marlena is a fake.

Comment

• dee2
                dee2
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                dee2 commented
                Editing a comment
                At one time Marlena was a warm human being, now she is a cold fish, with misguided judgement.

• LadyCanuck
                LadyCanuck
                Contract Poster
                LadyCanuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Cold fish is a good description. Her job as a psychiatrist really suits her clinical detached personality.

• eileenregina
                eileenregina
                Contract Poster
                eileenregina commented
                Editing a comment
                She was not a good mother to Sami either; she was more concerned for Roman's daughter Carrie. I loathe Marlena and have for years. Look at the mess she created for Eric and Sarah by sticking her nose into her middle-aged son's romantic life. A prissy, prima donna know-it-all.

I'm fine with it. Hope is annoying, at least Marlena can give as much as she gets.

Jarlena forgave Hope and Steve.

As for Hope and Steve's guilt. At least they feel guilty for the things they did while not in control.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                JackandJenfan
                Scriptwriter
                JackandJenfan commented
                Editing a comment
                CindyHaskins
                Board Regular
                CindyHaskins It doesn't have to be one or the other. I know we are stuck with Hope. I wish they let Bo and Hope sail around the world instead of killing him off.

• dee2
                dee2
                dee2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would KA want to leave a good job just because PR did?

• JackandJenfan
                JackandJenfan
                Scriptwriter
                JackandJenfan commented
                Editing a comment
                dee2
                dee2 Given the total character assassination that Hope went to after his death, in hindsight it would have been been better to leave on a high note. What's done is done, though. Hope will remain in Salem floating around.

Give her five minutes. She didn't welcome Kristen initially. Apparently it took Kristen "losing" her child for them to find some level of civility, despite Kristen trying for most of a year. Honestly wouldn't have blamed Marlena if she never treated Kristen civilly. But that she does is her choice and it wasn't instantaneous.

Marlena wasn't a Ben fan either until she evaluated him and saw a difference from the man who "killed" Will and attacker her.

So if it take Marlena a bit of time to get past Hope trying to ruin her marriage and assisting in her kidnapping and delivering her to Stevano to be brainwashed, I'm cool.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985
                Senior Board Member
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                The problem is that she knows Hope wasn t in her right mind. That makes Marlena come across as cold hearted.

• rkm137
                rkm137
                Aspiring soap scribe
                rkm137 commented
                Editing a comment
                Harmonica1985
                Senior Board Member
                Harmonica1985 It's not a problem. It's the reason Marlena will likely get past it. Whatever she knows about Hope's real intentions or her lack of control over her actions, Marlena still experienced a ton of traumatic things. Knowing Hope wasn't in control doesn't make those all go away instantaneously. That doesn't mean Hope is to blame, it means that Marlena's feelings need to catch up with her logic.

Same with Steve. Some people might be able to immediately brush off what he did as Stevano and reconcile that it wasn't him. Someo other people, even while being aware intellectually that he wasn't in control and would never hurt them, might take a minute to get there.

I actually hope this tension between Marlena and Hope is continued, mostly because it makes Marlena look a little more human to have a flawed belief about Hope. I would love if at some point, Hope confronted Marlena and called her out on not forgiving her, but forgiving Ben and Kristen, and even Kate for all she's done. I think it's harder for Marlena to forgive Hope because she was very close to her at one time, whereas she wasn't friends with Ben or Kristen before. Less sense of a betrayal with them. Also, I think Marlena is a little jealous that Hope and John had a relationship in the past, even if it was due to a chip. I think she now sees Hope as the one person who could destroy her relationship with John, and that would explain why she can't completely forgive Hope.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985
                Senior Board Member
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                As a Psychiatrist Marlen a should have been the first to forgive Hope.

• dee2
                dee2
                dee2 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's good that Bo got some of his aggression about what happened between Hope and John out by beating the crap out of John.😊
                As recent as 2012, when Hope and John had to go to Alamania, because they were married, Marlena was understanding. This version of Marlena is ugly.

• RoidRage
                RoidRage
                Board Regular
                RoidRage commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the tension and hope it stays and becomes a thing.

Yikes, you expect the woman to welcome her with open arms?

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985
                Senior Board Member
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                She knows Hope wasnt herself so her being this way towards Hope is just petty.

• dee2
                dee2
                dee2 commented
                Editing a comment
                She has been family, not only friends with Hope for decades. She has done worse than Hope, and can be giddy with someone like Kate,
                forgiving to Kristen, of all people, but treat Hope like dirt? I expect some of her sainthood behavior to be to not look at Hope with that stupid
                expression she has perfected.

Hey, a few episodes ago, John and Marlena were making fun of "submarine sex." You would think that was something they would never make fun of.

Comment

• bajou
                bajou
                Board Regular
                bajou commented
                Editing a comment
                Right. I think Marlena has harboured feelings of jealousy and resentment toward Hope since then.

Marlena has always been a hypocritical bitch that's no surprise...

She's real selective as to who deserves forgiveness vs who doesn't. So when it comes to anyone having John yeah this reaction doesn't surprise me one would think she'd hate Kate for the same reason and yet she doesn't...

Comment

I think Marlena would forgive her if they could get into an argument and get the venom out. Marlena is keeping her at arms length.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X