Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Days filming so far in advance paid off!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Days filming so far in advance paid off!

Being home most days now makes me extremely happy that Days films so far in advance. Is anyone else happy or still thinks Days should shorten their filming schedule once everything gets back into some form of normalcy?

Happy of 7 months of advanced filming. Days I believe struggle with the budget. They might do re-runs to catch the taping up to 6 or 7 months. But I think only 2020 or 2019, unless they do classic reruns.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if the other 3 soaps don’t start to do the same thing, maybe not as much as Days but more than 4-6 weeks

Comment

I'm also glad the soap has so many original episodes.

Comment

I usually hate their film schedule because they can't fix bad stories but right now I'm happy they do it.

Comment

Sure, in the short term it was a lucky advantage, but long term, a shorter time between filming and airing will be better. Examples of why:

1) Brandon Barash was very popular as Stefan, but by the time he started airing, he was practically filming his last scenes. If there had been a much shorter gap between filming and airing, TPTB would have never killed the character off, because they would have known from audience reaction how popular he was.

2) Same thing with Greg Rikart as Leo- he proved surprisingly popular with viewers, but had filmed his last scenes before he even started airing... then it took several months once they brought him back before he started airing again.

3) In terms of interviews with the press, there will be more timely news. When there is a casting coup, such as Brandon Barash returning, we won't have to wait 7 months from hearing he's returning to actually seeing him on the show. Same thing with exits- we've all heard about a popular couple leaving the show, and it's hard to invest in their story when we know they're heading out of town 7 months ahead of time.
            knotsfan
            Senior Board Member
            Last edited by knotsfan; April 28, 2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• tiff5555
              tiff5555
              Aspiring soap scribe
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              Budget is on Days. I don't know how it will work. Mostly it will go to 6 months again unless that changes.

• knotsfan
              knotsfan
              Senior Board Member
              knotsfan commented
              Editing a comment
              That's true that with the way Days tapes, they would end up filming 7-8 months ahead again, but now they can plan ahead. How? Simple- put some episodes online only like they did with Chad and Abby in Europe or Chloe and Shawn and the rest. I never saw those episodes, but I never felt like I missed anything, either. Days could and should do the same thing so they're never more than 3 months ahead. That's very workable in terms of plots and viewer reactions, certainly much better than 7 months.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X