• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasagna
    Board Regular
    • Mar 2017

Kissing scenes and Covid19

When filming resumes will they still have kissing scenes or will they do social distancing ?
  • jam6242
    Contract Poster
    • Aug 2008

Seems unlikely that they'll be doing that anytime soon.

Comment

• icyblue2034
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2013

I suppose it depends on when they resume. They've already filmed through I think November. So they can wait a long time before resuming. They'll just have to be careful. CDC says we'll have a second, notably worse, wave come fall/winter. So I guess timing and the course of this virus will determine what, if anything, they are able to film.

Comment

• tiff5555
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

Looks like nothing is opening back up soon.

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Elvis12! I think Oklahoma is a big state. So is New York. It depends how much people live close to one in population. Places like Oklahoma and Utah are safe. NYC, not soo much...

• Jason47
          Jason47 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here's a good comparison I just learned recently: The entire state of Oklahoma has around the same population as New York City.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          But Oklahoma has big wide spaces than NYC, unless you are talking about Oklahoma City
          Last edited by tiff5555; April 27, 2020, 04:41 PM.
      • Silentfan
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Mar 2012

Yeah we may not see as much romance as people are accustomed to

Comment

• CADY
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2012

Very unlikely anytime soon. Things won't be back to normal for a good while, including soaps.

Comment

• Clementine15
            Scriptwriter
            • May 2015

Just imagine, Ciara and Ben six feet apart at all times! Could be good

Comment

• wilson2012
              Recurring Poster
              • Jan 2012

I doubt the US soaps would be back in production anytime soon. I know one of our Australian soaps will be back in production next week, however we haven’t had the severity of Covid 19 as you guys have had. Only 83 deaths nationwide so far.

Comment

• icyblue2034
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by wilson2012 View Post
                I doubt the US soaps would be back in production anytime soon. I know one of our Australian soaps will be back in production next week, however we haven’t had the severity of Covid 19 as you guys have had. Only 83 deaths nationwide so far.
                And we have politicians playing scientist, ignoring the actual scientists, and making it worse. My own governor opened part of the state where the primary condition seemed to be direct physical contact. Hair salons and nail salons, to name a few. People actually consider those to be essentials. Plus restaurants, which were proven to be capable of transmitting the virus to people at least 10 feet away via the A/C system. Fortunately many have refused to reopen their dining areas, but some have. Of course, said governor hasn't been seen at any of these locations with his family yet. Still not safe for the government, he says.

Many of us are worried that we'll have a spike in a few weeks. If that happens, the reopening timelines will all get pushed back. Days has a large filming gap others don't have which will, for once, work in their favor. That said, nobody is getting paid for filming because there is no filming. I really wish more people here took this seriously. The south is being especially bad about it.

Comment

• July Baby
                  July Baby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, exactly. You have more common sense than your governor, who is being reckless with people's lives, IMHO. Stay safe.

• wilson2012
                  wilson2012 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We see it on the news and social media about you guys and are like wtf. Hope everyone stays safe and gets better sooner than later. I know KC said in an interview earlier this year was thinking of bringing limited cast to Australia for a location shoot. Don’t know if that’s possible now but maybe in 3 or so months.
              • July Baby
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Silentfan View Post
                Yeah we may not see as much romance as people are accustomed to
                In addition to less romance, I guess there'll be no more bumping (literally) into people in the Square for a while. And no more slapping, strangling, or stabbing. Can only commit crimes that can be accomplished six feet apart. Blackmail would still work.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X