Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloading missed Days

if a days is missed on TV you should be able to download a replay. nbc.com should let you download days for free you missed on TV. but there is no TV replay to download. there is no way to download days missed on nbc.com. nbc doesn't even let you buy episodes on youtube like gh does on youtube. downloadable days versions have no commercials like on demand. download days is download days commercial free. this is a solution to have days eps you want forever by downloading and nobody is providing this service to us
    Thaaos
    Scriptwriter
    Last edited by Thaaos; April 25, 2020, 03:07 PM.

Why would you need to download it? Just watch the episode.

Comment

I've watched episodes of Days on both Youtube and NBC. Free. Full episode.

Comment

because if you download you can have forever. you can't download on youtube or NBC

Comment

Originally posted by Thaaos View Post
          because if you download you can have forever. you can't download on youtube or NBC
          No one holding the rights to any content will let you own it (by downloading). You can watch "Days" anytime on NBC.com. They put up the same day episode right after 7pm CST.

Comment

You got to download NBC App to the tablet or smartphone to watch. Not sure of YouTube unless you are paying from YouTube. They have subscription site as well.

Comment

You can also watch Days on iTunes. Each episode is $1.99

There's a reason why you can't download Days episodes from NBC.com or iTunes. NBC/Sony owns the digital rights to Days and, as such, does not allow for digital downloads. If they did, anyone could take Days or any NBC content and manipulate it. By requiring payment, NBC/Sony generates another revenue stream.

Comment

we should be able to watch days anytime on tv and be able to download it. but thanks to web warriors to the cause i have been able to download days episodes for free like the episode kristen stabs victor and slaps xander in the face. it doesn't change the fact nbc tv and nbc.com is slapping us in the face with days. they give is nothing in return and do nothing when days is interrupted by news
                Thaaos
                Scriptwriter
                Last edited by Thaaos; April 25, 2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Jason47
                  Jason47
                  Contract Poster
                  Jason47 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NBC doesn't owe you anything. Be glad that they haven't cancelled the show and that we can still watch it each day. And since they tape almost 8 months ahead of time, be glad they still have 110 episodes to air while the other soaps are running out of episodes.

If you have Spectrum cable, you can watch Season 55 episode 54 (air date 12/09/19) through last Friday's episode of Days on demand. The 12/09/19 episode stops being available on 4.27. Basically, you have the last 4 1/2 months available on demand. You cannot fast forward through the episodes.

I'm not sure why you believe NBC and NBC.com should give you something in return. They own the content and they reserve the right to do what they want with their content. As a published writer and as an aspiring writer, I protect my work very carefully.

The posters on here are some of the most knowledgeable (I'm blown away by how much they know about Days history) and the most helpful I have ever met. Asking the same question repeatedly will not generate a new answer or a preferred answer.

In short, you cannot legally download Days. If you miss an episode, you can watch it on nbc.com, On Demand, on the NBC App or on Apple TV. Those are your legal choices.

Comment

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think and it’s coming from a good place, Thaaos just want to watch it on tv. He or she does not want to download anything or use the technology that may be hard to do. I get what Thaaos is saying. Sometimes I am frustrated with the news over Days.

• Jason47
                  Jason47
                  Contract Poster
                  Jason47 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree Eric. Some people seem to think they'll get a different answer if they wait a week and then ask the same question again in a new thread. I told Thaaos in a previous thread there were several options to watch Days if it is preempted on TV. You can watch it later in the evening on NBC.com or the NBC App. The only answer Thaaos ever gives is that they only want to watch it on TV and only during the timeslot it is supposed to be on. Sometimes watching it on TV is not an option, but since Thaaos doesn't like that answer, they just complain more. It's like going in a never-ending circle of the same question & answer!

exactly tifff i want to watch days in the moment of the day live on nbc 4 new york TV. if i wanted to watch days on nbc.com i would throw out my TV and watch on computer. i don't watch computers. i watch TV. it's a disgrace nobody stops days from being interrupted by the news every single day. it's a disgrace and slap in face to days fans. and we should be able to download days on nbc.com. if you want to have an episode or episodes you want you should be able to download and download for free
                Thaaos
                Scriptwriter
                Last edited by Thaaos; April 26, 2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericw808 View Post
                  You can also watch Days on iTunes. Each episode is $1.99

There's a reason why you can't download Days episodes from NBC.com or iTunes. NBC/Sony owns the digital rights to Days and, as such, does not allow for digital downloads. If they did, anyone could take Days or any NBC content and manipulate it. By requiring payment, NBC/Sony generates another revenue stream.
                  I believe the episodes from iTunes are yours to keep. I have some dating back to 2007 downloaded from there.

Comment

but you have to pay money. why should i have to pay? itunes is a billion dollar corporation. they don't need my money

Comment

• lsm
                      lsm
                      Board Regular
                      lsm commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My assumption is that ITunes has to pay NBC for the rights to offer Days episodes. Why would they pay for it and give it away for free?

When impeachment was interrupting or replacing episodes, as much as I disliked On-Demand I checked it out. The third day an episode was available, the runtime dropped from 59-minutes to 40 minutes, which meant there were only 3 minutes of commercials I couldn't speed through, so that's how I watched. My Days week watching started watching Monday's episode on Thursday, Tuesday on Friday, Wednesday on Saturday, Thursday on Sundays and lastly Friday's episode on Monday morning, I would check DVR on Monday to see if current episode was good to watch, or if I had to wait til Thursday. I didn't miss any of the show and watched on 3 minutes of commercials per day. It sure beat missing half the show and complaining about it all the time, because complaining does no good.

Originally posted by Thaaos View Post
                    exactly tifff i want to watch days in the moment of the day live on nbc 4 new york TV. if i wanted to watch days on nbc.com i would throw out my TV and watch on computer. i don't watch computers. i watch TV. it's a disgrace nobody stops days from being interrupted by the news every single day. it's a disgrace and slap in face to days fans. and we should be able to download days on nbc.com. if you want to have an episode or episodes you want you should be able to download and download for free
                    Yep! I understand! I am also bit frustrated and know that NBC App shows bunch of commercials if using their shows.

Comment

because people can't afford the money

Comment

• Zach
                        Zach
                        Senior Board Member
                        Zach commented
                        Editing a comment
                        But you want NBC, ITunes and everyone else to give you everything for free. Not gonna happen. There are ways to download the show if you know how. But since it’s very illegal I won’t be sharing.

I guess I don't see the need to save every episode. It takes up a lot of space and for something you may not ever return to. Back in the day I used a VHS tape to record episodes of Loving so that I could watch after school, but eventually the tape would run out and I'd record over them.

I believe you can purchase episodes in iTunes, if you want them bad enough. I'm just happy that I can watch missed episodes for free in the NBC app.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X