Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimera Enterprises

It has a board of directors so it is a publicly traded company. Why does it still have weird rules like the CEO must be a Dimera?

Just because Dimera has a board doesn't mean it is publically traded.

Every corporation has to have a board.

Comment

But I remember them talking about Dimera stock.

Comment

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Every corporation has stock too.

The difference is a publically traded company is listed and sold on a stock exchange.

Originally posted by december rose View Post
      Just because Dimera has a board doesn't mean it is publically traded.

Every corporation has to have a board.
      True. Privately held corporations still have a board of directors. I can't recall if DiMera is publicly traded or not. This separates it from Titan in that Victor has kept it family owned without use of a Board of Directors. I'm not really well versed in the structural details since most of my education is on the accounting side. But I believe Stefano could have had it written into the bylaws somewhere that, regardless of how big DiMera got or it's nature as a corporation, a member of the DiMera family would be required as CEO unless such a time that no DiMeras or DiMera widows accepted the position. I am almost certain that is an option for when a smaller family owned business grows organizes as a corporation.

Comment

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't recall if it was ever said whether or not it was publically traded. It certainly would be more difficult to enforce an 'only a Dimera" as CEO rule if it is public. All shareholders would get to vote.

Maybe that is part of the criteria put into place by Stefano, which stipulates that the CEO must carry the last name DiMera.

I am trying to remember did EJ make it a public company but I do not remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by varlena View Post
        But I remember them talking about Dimera stock.
        Every corporation has stock. Not every corporation has publicly traded stock. Many businesses will have stock with investors at first, an incentive for them. Later they will can have an IPO - initial public offering - where they enter the public market and the results of said offering can influence some significant decisions as well as generate confidence for investors and general confidence in the company. That's when outsiders like you and I can invest by purchasing shares. They can then make decisions to offer more stock, buy back stock, etc. as time goes on. If it is public, DiMera absolutely has more than 50% private shares at the very least. Probably more. They want to ensure that no amount of division in the company risks an outside party buying enough shares to outrank them. For investors, the percentage of shares owned indicates amount of power. That's why they were so desperate for Kristen's and Kate's shares. Chad and "Stevano" needed the power to oust Gabi because the total of Stefan's shares outranked their individual totals. CEOs don't have absolute power even though the title often invokes the thought. They are at the mercy of the board and the stockholders. In that vein you'll see that public corporations control the percentage of publicly traded stock. If they didn't, they could risk people allying to buy it up and gain a voice in how the company is run. To that end it's entirely possible DiMera is still privately held.

I'm sure that's confusing. I'm not good at explaining it.

Comment

It seems like a disservice to shareholders to have policies that put the company in jeopardy. With this rule someone like Kristen could be put in charge of the company by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post
            Maybe that is part of the criteria put into place by Stefano, which stipulates that the CEO must carry the last name DiMera.

I am trying to remember did EJ make it a public company but I do not remember it.
            I clearly remember them being in a panic because Dimera stock was tanking. I can't remember if the Gabi situation caused that or some other event earlier.

Comment

All corporations must have a Board. The company is called DiMera Enterprises, because the DiMera family owns the corporation. That would explain why the CEO would be a member of the DiMera family. Even though they own the corporation, they are governed by their largest revenue investors, which consists of The Board of Directors. Mr. Shin is the President of The Board.
              Last edited by CADY; April 25, 2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

It has a board of directors so it is a publicly traded company. Why does it still have weird rules like the CEO must be a Dimera?
                The same rule does not apply to Titan because Chad was allowed to be CEO.

Comment

Titan is not a public company.

Comment

It's like Ewing Oil. Characters play tug-of-war over it because that's soapy. Nobody's especially deserving to inherit or control what the founder left behind. In real life, a company run by blood inheritance would drown in it..

Comment

• Abby_fan
                      Abby_fan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I always thought JR ran the company. Or you could be referring to another show🤔

• Key
                      Key commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I watched it for years. Usually it was JR's operation, but at times he was out and someone else was in, due to various takeover schemes.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X