• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cc from PA
    Scriptwriter
    • Nov 2007

Why are they writing Gabi like this????

I don’t understand why they are making Gabi look unhinged. She must have known her time at DE might be up after Julie’s heart fiasco and her arrest, and the only reason she got out was she helped baby Mickey. The way she was raising her voice, and having her face all screwed up, and saying whatever she was saying was so over the top. I mean, do people really act like that in business, especially people in positions of power???

I would far rather have seen her calmly, without the facial expressions and raising her voice, explain to young Shin why she felt she was the better CEO, how she could help drive DE forward, etc.

And as for DE keeping GabiChic, again, she should or could have calmly said that she’d have to discuss this with her lawyer and get back to them. I just don’t get them writing her so over the top. It’s not enjoyable or entertaining, at least to me
  • islezeus
    Day Player
    • Sep 2008

I agree. And yet again Camp Abby (because Abby needs the entire world on her side) gets one over on Gabi

Comment

• CincyLady
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Sep 2005

Maybe they just like the way CB "acts" - so they give her the sl to work with. (sorry about ending with a preposition)

Comment

• LadyCanuck
        LadyCanuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Someone is a big fan.

• Elle23276
        Elle23276 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Cincy. The amount of dialogue this girl has to deal with is amazing. She never flubs a line, or side-eyes a teleprompter. She's prepared and effective. You never see a 'puzzled' look cross her face....and she doesn't have a significant other to play off, or recite her line if she misses. She's a fabulous, hardworking, adept, effective actress.
    • cc from PA
      Scriptwriter
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CincyLady View Post
      Maybe they just like the way CB "acts" - so they give her the sl to work with. (sorry about ending with a preposition)
      But she’s such a talented actress with such a wide range of emotions!!! She can do sad, pathetic, happy, sexy, angry — why just focus on this spluttering, speechless mess?!?!?!

Comment

• ShermanTank
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2018

The writing for Gabi has been terrible since Steffan died. I dont understand why they wont give Gabi her biz and let her out of this orbit! I hate the Abby vs Gabi. It makes this board toxic and everyone is tired of watching it.

Comment

• lagirl
          lagirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Their greed for money keeps them holding on to something that is not theirs. That includes the three of them,.
      • 1sbkmcfan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2006

She is a good actress. It seems to me like they are writing her to be like old-school Sami and Kate rolled into one.

Comment

• Shimmer33
          Board Regular
          • Apr 2019

Her behavior is why she isn't CEO. She threatened Shin when she didn't get what she wanted. She's unprofessional and classless and that kind of attitude isn't what a company wants in their top position. It's that simple.

Comment

• Elle23276
            Elle23276 commented
            Editing a comment
            She had to threaten to get Chad's attention. Oh, if the higher-ups only knew about some of the things Chad has done....

• Bluediamond
            Bluediamond commented
            Editing a comment
            Elle23276 What has Chad done in the past let's say three years that has been worse than what Gabi has done? The higher ups already know about the brainwashing so what else should they know?

• Elle23276
            Elle23276 commented
            Editing a comment
            He's kidnapped....he's choked people down....he's played for the other side (Titan)....he was the one ultimately responsible for sending Gabi to prison for something she didn't do, something she had absolutely NOTHING to do with....he's the one who left his wife alone, while pregnant, to fight whatever forces were against her
        • ckg1
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2009

I don’t have issue with any of it at this point. Gabi did retaliate only to those who messed up her life in so many ways. It was extreme at times but that’s Gabriella’s anger and bitter side. She worked hard for her company and now that sniveling obnoxious, entitled snot Chadwick took what she worked for from her with cancelling meetings, etc.

BUT, now I hope since she’s seen her husband’s face; that she can get her life back now It will be a pleasure not to have Chabby given prop and angst by Gabriella, hopefully ever again! No more obnoxious smirks from that pairing again, after the nightmare Gabby started up as that cunning alter! So, now Gabi can pick up the pieces now that she’s seen that handsome face! So glad for Gabriella now, she has a chance for her own life journey now!!!!

Comment

• Harmonica1985
            Harmonica1985 commented
            Editing a comment
            Couldn't agree with you more.
        • backheidi
          Scriptwriter
          • Jan 2008

They seem to only want to write Gabi as a villain but it has been old and boring for a long time. I am hoping that Jake arriving changes things....But probably not long term (just like Kristen)!!

Comment

• dee2
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Dec 2015

Gabi isn't a character I care about or watch a lot, but I agree, these writers keep her so hyped up that it's difficult to watch her or care about her unless
            you are just a fan. There are many characters I wish to see much better writing for. Gabi needs it, also.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
              Harmonica1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gabi is a great character and always has been.

• dee2
              dee2 commented
              Editing a comment
              As I said, her fans like her but viewers like myself find her difficult to watch because
              she is always OTT. They need to let her calm down, sometime.

• eileenregina
              eileenregina commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't care for Gabi and never have. Who or who isn't a great character is subjective. I don't find her great and never have. JMHO!
          • tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

I think when Alison and James left in 2014, things has not been the same. The ratings dipped from 1.80s to 1.70s. We had few good performers like Aiden. But they just cut some out. Even Anne disappeared. I wanted to see her with Lucas. They did Lucas too. Of course with Bo leaving in 2012, that shifted too. The show has not been the same. I miss seeing Caroline face. Wanted to see Bo and Steve adventure. And if James was not returning, have Sami with Rafe or Lucas. I actually don't know who I care about at this point. Then again, who knows. Hopefully Brandon changes that for this character.

Comment

Contract Poster
              • Dec 2012

i love everything this woman does it's crazy people can watch the same soap character and have such polar opposite & intense views lol

Comment

• Fancy863
                Board Regular
                • Aug 2019

She’s always on a level 9 intensity when everyone else is on 5. It’s exhausting to watch.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                  Harmonica1985 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, it's fun to watch because she's always a step ahead of everyone else.

• Fancy863
                  Fancy863 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Harmonica1985 You call it a step ahead and I call it over the top antics.

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fancy863 She is always in overdrive, so I don't watch many of her scenes.
              • Abby_fan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2015

I have an idea as to why but I think it is against the rules to say. Anyway, Li Shin said that he sees he made the right choice based on her attitude. Gabi is an unprofessional, uncultured, unsophisticated female. She doesn’t know how to act with class and decorum. If Gabi had any class, she would not constantly taunt Abby about her being mentally ill. Something in which Abby has absolutely no control.

I was screaming for Chad to shake her today when she kept taunting Abby. She had no business in their faces.

Comment

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Harmonica1985 Ooooh a company being sued!!!!! I bet DE is shaking in their Italian leather shoes. A law suit, shaking ??? Chad getting fired, hmmm, ?

• lagirl
                  lagirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chad was worried enough to call his daddy, Shin.

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lagirl Shin is not Chad’s daddy. Shin is a board member at DE. Chad is not the company, he is the CEO of the company.
              • *80's days fan
                Newcomer
                • Apr 2020

You can add the name to every character on Days regarding your header.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X