Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The show COMPLETELY got Chad's history wrong, he was not given anything by Stefano

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The show COMPLETELY got Chad's history wrong, he was not given anything by Stefano

1. Chad did not initially work for DE. He started the Java Cafe with Sonny. They then opened up TBD and several other businesses together. That was a company they started from the ground up.
    2. Stefano never gave anything to Chad, least of all the CEO position. Chad and Kate were fighting for that spot when Stefano declared to them both that he was the boss and would be in charge.
    3. Kate was CEO then Stefan then Gabi... all of these people were CEO before the allegedly "favored" Chad who supposedly had the position handed to him. He actually worked at DE for years and headed the Paris division... putting in lots of work and hours before becoming CEO... unlike Stefan and Gabi who were handed the spot with contrived writing.

Also, Gabi started her "life style" brand with money her father gave her. She became CEO because she was Stefan's widow... so, she got that spot on her back. The writers need to stop lying and trashing other character, completely ignoring what happened onscreen due to playing favorites.
    Brenda4ev
    Aspiring soap scribe
    Last edited by Brenda4ev; April 23, 2020, 05:32 PM.

Thanks for spelling it out like it actually happened, Brenda! The show always likes to put their own spin on things.

Comment

Chad was an unknown. He was led to believe that his father was the judge, not Stephano. And even then he wanted to distance himself from the family and name. Perhaps Chad evolved to be Stephano's favorite child towards his death, but prior to that it was EJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
        Thanks for spelling it out like it actually happened, Brenda! The show always likes to put their own spin on things.
        It always drives me crazy when they get the history wrong!

Chad is one of the few characters involved in this business story that actually loved and has always been passionate about his career from day 1... he wanted to do things own his own and start his own company rather than just relying on his father and DE.

Originally posted by fire_lookout View Post
        Chad was an unknown. He was led to believe that his father was the judge, not Stephano. And even then he wanted to distance himself from the family and name. Perhaps Chad evolved to be Stephano's favorite child towards his death, but prior to that it was EJ.
        I think at some point all the kids were Stefano's favorite and at other points they were all out of favor with him.... Chad willingly put distance between them at times.

I think what he said the day Abby got him out of the brainwashing is true... he always longed for a family and Stefano accepted him when DA Peterson-Woods treated him horribly. As awful as he was, Stefano is the one who showed him a father's love. But, his criminal activities always made Chad weary. He even moved on of the DE mansion several times and we know he never fully embraced being a DiMera until Stefano died, then he kind of regretted his previous behavior.
        Brenda4ev
        Aspiring soap scribe
        Last edited by Brenda4ev; April 23, 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• LadyCanuck
          LadyCanuck
          Contract Poster
          LadyCanuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Chad didn't care about being Stefano's favourite. He wasn't afraid to go against him and the legacy be damned during the TomSell and Griffith stints, when he and Abby were written the best IMO. I don't know why anyone would aspire to Stefano's favourite to tell you the truth.
          LadyCanuck
          Contract Poster
          Last edited by LadyCanuck; April 23, 2020, 05:55 PM.

• Brenda4ev
          Brenda4ev
          Aspiring soap scribe
          Brenda4ev commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep.
          LadyCanuck
          Contract Poster
          LadyCanuck

And part of Chad even embracing being a DiMera, was him wanting to clean up the name for his kids. Not because he idolized or wanted to emulate Stefano in anyway.

Wasn't Chad CEO when Stefan came to town? And removed as CEO when he was falsely accused of the murder of what's his face Kiriakis? Also Chad and Stefan were co-CEO's at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
          Wasn't Chad CEO when Stefan came to town? And removed as CEO when he was falsely accused of the murder of what's his face Kiriakis? Also Chad and Stefan were co-CEO's at one point.
          Nope. Kate was CEO. Chad was working under her and the night Stefan came to town he was about to become CEO for the first time... but, it was given to Stefan instead.

After Stefan was arrested then released, he and Chad were offered to be co-CEOs, but Chad, proving that he doesn't just takes things that are handed to him, opted to instead go and head the new division in Paris.

Comment

• Jj1701
            Jj1701
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            Jj1701 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that, I couldn't remember. But they were co-CEO's for a hot minute before Chad walked away. I remember them sitting down and trying to make decisions and just butting heads.

• Brenda4ev
            Brenda4ev
            Aspiring soap scribe
            Brenda4ev commented
            Editing a comment
            IDK if they were officially co-CEO, but they did live together for like a week or 2. I remember that causing drama with Abby who didn't want to be around Stefan. I also remember a scene of Stefan/Gabi bickering about GabiChic... and Chad walking out of the room being fed up with them.

Everybody has ups and downs with family and Chad is no different. In the end he always loved his Dad and his Dad loved him. And yes they all were the favored one at one time or another. Besides, I do not care. It should be what Stephano would have wanted and he would always want it to be those he loved.....which is immediate family!!! I actually hated it when they gave Kate the title....But even then you felt it was really Stephano always somewhere somehow in charge! I think Days is going to end up like Y&R with a constant change of CEO....which I hate!!! Stephano never looked weak...And I liked it that way!!!
          backheidi
          Contract Poster
          Last edited by backheidi; April 23, 2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenda4ev View Post

Nope. Kate was CEO. Chad was working under her and the night Stefan came to town he was about to become CEO for the first time... but, it was given to Stefan instead.

After Stefan was arrested then released, he and Chad were offered to be co-CEOs, but Chad, proving that he doesn't just takes things that are handed to him, opted to instead go and head the new division in Paris.
            Thank you Brenda4ev for the history lesson. Kate was definitely CEO while Stefan and Vivian were planning their takeover. Chad never got a chance to be CEO on his own until now so I never understand where all the false statements about him running the company into the ground comes from.

Comment

EJ and Lexie were Stefano's favorites. Chad didn't care about the company until he returned from Boston. Before Abby dumped him, he wanted to do his own thing.

Comment

I think in this particular story they're trying very hard to paint Gabi as a victim who has been hard-done by. She's lost Stefan; everyone hates her, etc and now they want to add to it by making it seem like Chad has repeatedly had things handed to him even though, based on history, that is obviously not the case. I'm fine with them doing what they have to do narrative-wise for Gabi's upcoming story but they need to not rewrite history to make Gabi look like even more of a victim

Comment

• Jj1701
                Jj1701
                Jj1701 commented
                Editing a comment
                They don't need to rewrite it. She WAS Abby's victim. Sure, she retaliated, but that's because she was Abby's victim.

• provocative
                provocative
                Board Regular
                provocative commented
                Editing a comment
                Jj1701
                Jj1701 And Abby has been a victim of Gabi too. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the context of the current story about DE where the writing makes it seem like Chad has repeatedly had things handed to him because of his name whereas Gabi has had to work for every single thing. That is rewriting history

• Jj1701
                Jj1701
                Jj1701 commented
                Editing a comment
                Fair enough. Chad wasn't really involved with Stefano like that, so in that respect I'd say no, he didn't hand anything to Chad while he was alive. There's always been more than one candidate for CEO, so I'd say since Stefano's death, no one has been handed the job.

I hate when the writing does that. You don't need to trash a character or rewrite their history just to try and garner sympathy for another one... it's not Chad's fault that Gabi hacked a pacemaker, tormented Lani and tried to murder Julie.

The way they downplayed Chad hard work and erased the fact that both Stefan and Gabi were made CEO before him...

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X