• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkm137
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2009

Today's Conversation between Chad & Abby

Holy Heck, their conversation was everything I used to dislike about Chabby 1.0. Abby was her circa 2011 judgmental re DiMeras. Chad was willfully stupid. He was EJ level's of Kristen-justifying and completely obtuse when he was he was denying any understanding of Sarah's feelings.

Yes they "made up." But it seemed like a fairly shallow acknowledgment of their catastrophically different perspectives.

the writing on all fronts was bad. The fight made them both look insensitive and their resolution seemed to gloss over what would appear to be real issues.
  • Chabby lover
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2018

I loved their conversation. Chad sticking up for his sister since she is family. And Abby sticking up for her cousin since she is family plus knowing that Kristen has not changed. I loved that fight. They are always so passionate and I could see their chemistry so much. I can't wait to see more. They made up because they are completely in love with each other and are trying to understand what the other was feeling. They were just having a disagreement. But I loved watching it they always have so much chemistry. I didn't see anything Judgemental about Abby when she was sticking up for her cousin she knows how Kristen is and she was honest about that. Kristen is nuts and she knows that. .Chad I didn't see anything obtuse at all or understanding of Sarah's feeling probably because she took his niece. He was about his family at that moment.

Comment

• Bluediamond
      Senior Board Member
      • Dec 2017

She was making comments regarding Kristen not the DiMeras. Kristen is crazy no matter what her last name is. I doubt they will even discuss it again.

Comment

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        And in 2011, it was Stefano and the DiMera's fgenerally as Chad was learning he was a DiMera

• Bluediamond
        Bluediamond commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that was a long time ago and I would think she can have a negative opinion about one of his family members who honestly hasn't been that nice of a person. She didn't say Kristen shouldn't have her baby, she just understood how Sarah felt.

• rkm137
        rkm137 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. It was a long time ago. My point was that it was reminiscent of their relationship back then.
    • Troy44
      Board Regular
      • Aug 2014

On the one hand I thought the conversation was realistic in the fact that it showed that couples can simply have different opinions, where usually on daytime any disagreement results in someone stalking out of the room. ON the other hand I agree that neither of them looked very good. Abigail was coming across as judgmental and Chad's arguments weren't just showing a lack of compassion but intelligence as well.

I know this probably blasphemous but after yesterday's episode and today I'm starting to think its it possible that Abigail and Chad just aren't great people?

Comment

• Abby_fan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2015

I loved Abby and Chad sitting on the couch having a civil discussion about the baby situation. Abby stood up for her cousin, and Chad stood up for his sister. They both expressed their points of view, then found common ground. They didn’t let someone else’s problems become Theirs. I love how together they are. These two are relationship goals.

Then they left together to hear the verdict on DE CEO.

Comment

• backheidi
          Scriptwriter
          • Jan 2008

I thought they played it well and realistic though Abby was getting a little rough on Kristen (the show has never played it that she pushed Haley) but she almost immediately realized she was being harsh and that after all It is his sister and so apologized. I would have actually liked them to discuss it a little deeper but I always like these two even when they are fighting because I love watching them make up!!!

Comment

• Cat women
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Sep 2013

It’s crazy when Abby becomes the voice of reason, usually I don’t get Abby at all. I was enjoyable seeing them on the couch having a normal conversation.

Comment

• LoveBO
              Executive Poster
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by backheidi View Post
              I thought they played it well and realistic though Abby was getting a little rough on Kristen (the show has never played it that she pushed Haley) but she almost immediately realized she was being harsh and that after all It is his sister and so apologized. I would have actually liked them to discuss it a little deeper but I always like these two even when they are fighting because I love watching them make up!!!
              I would have preferred more of that dialogue between them as well then this silly childish DE contest crap.

Comment

• CADY
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2012

There was nothing wrong with their conversation. Both were being loyal to members of their family. Family loyalty is a good thing and quite common. What is stupid about that?

Comment

• lagirl
                  lagirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That fact they are standing up for their criminal family members when they are self righteous.

• CADY
                  CADY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most residents in Salem don't have a clean record, but that should not deny them from being loyal to their families.
              • tiff5555
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Troy44 View Post
                On the one hand I thought the conversation was realistic in the fact that it showed that couples can simply have different opinions, where usually on daytime any disagreement results in someone stalking out of the room. ON the other hand I agree that neither of them looked very good. Abigail was coming across as judgmental and Chad's arguments weren't just showing a lack of compassion but intelligence as well.

I know this probably blasphemous but after yesterday's episode and today I'm starting to think its it possible that Abigail and Chad just aren't great people?
                They probably are not great people. Chad is judgemental of things and Abby can’t see her mistakes either. Don’t know why they came back to the States. They could have stayed in Paris and enjoyed the scenery.

Comment

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JackandJenfan What was Abby needed for???

• JackandJenfan
                  JackandJenfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Her mother was in a coma for a year.... Her brother's girlfriend died. She was needed for family support.

• lagirl
                  lagirl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Abigail is not needed anymore so she can go.
              • pnorbert2222
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by CADY View Post
                There was nothing wrong with their conversation. Both were being loyal to members of their family. Family loyalty is a good thing and quite common. What is stupid about that?
                I was hoping Chad was going to say "They're both adopted. Not our problem"

I mean how much familial loyalty are you supposed to give your mother's father's brother's adopted daughter? Or the adopted daughter of the father who never raised you.

Sometimes the familial bonds on this show are a real stretch.

Comment

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awwww no blood no family bond.

• CanaryFan98
                  CanaryFan98 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Y'know in this case I think it makes sense although Chad/Kristen interacted in the past I never thought he was that close to her Theo and EJ sure but the rest of the siblings not so much. Same with Abby/Sarah which probably took place off screen but they haven't even interacted on screen have they?
              • CanaryFan98
                Executive Poster
                • Oct 2009

I rather have Chad/Abby deal with these type of issues than anything involving Dimera Enterprises or DID. However while I actually agreed with Abby mostly I also found it fell flat because I don't recall Abby/Sarah interacting it would've meant more had we seen a relationship between them on screen.

Although I do agree with the other poster that unless they're getting their own story they probably should've left along with JJ because what else is there for them here in Salem.

Comment

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Family is family. When it comes to taking sides, one tends to lean towards family whether that person has a relationship with the other person or not. That also includes adopted family members. In most cases anyway! JMHO

• CanaryFan98
                  CanaryFan98 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Abby_fan Sure if there's an established relationship Chad/Kristen I would get we've seen them interact but the show could've given us Sarah/Abby scenes.

• Abby_fan
                  Abby_fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are family. I am sure at some point in their lives, they have at least shared a conversation and been in the same place together. Sarah said that her cuzzo Abby said that her apartment in Paris was vacant. How she got into the apartment, I haven’t the slightest.
              • provocative
                Board Regular
                • Feb 2010

I thought it was a really good conversation and certainly didn't speak to any underlying issues between the two of them. It was the most regular conversation between a married couple. Even though I've found their "storylines" lacking so far this run, I have enjoyed that Chad and Abby don't just spend their time saying sappy stuff to each other - they have actual conversations and are allowed to be individual characters that have different opinions. They also both had valid points. Abby was right in that she was sympathetic to Sarah because she's the one that has been raising the baby all this time and in her heart, she feels like Mickey's mother. Chad was right in that Kristen has the right to raise her own child and that shouldn't be taken away from her. Tbh, it could have been even better if they'd used more history and had Chad mention how he himself was kept from knowing the truth about his own child till after she died (Grace).

And I liked that they resolved it maturely while both of them were allowed to maintain their respective opinions. I wish we had more conversations like this where other characters get to react to stories because it makes it feel like Salem is an actual community of people who are aware of each other and not just a set of isolated stories.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X