• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harmonica1985
    Senior Board Member
    • Sep 2019

I want some tension between Kayla and Hope

Both actresses would rock it with tension between their characters.

Thoughts?
  • Key
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2015

I could have seen it 30 years ago, think it's a bit late now. If there were some mutual consolation between Hope and Steve, then maybe PR could return as Bo and sputter, "Hope, what are you doing?" in that inimitable way of his...but we all know who'd be on whose lap at the end of that round.
    As it is, what would Hope and Kayla have to differ about? Whatever it is (other than Steve), Hope would certainly prevail. Hope's an alpha; Kayla's an accommodating beta. Hope was an only child, and Daddy's princess; Kayla was neither parent's favorite. Both ladies were fashioned by their early circumstances.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I want Kayla to see Steve moving on and it burns her up inside so she will dump the safe option and fight for her man. I'm not interested in seeing Kayla trying to make a doomed rebound romance be more than it is. She may need the push of seeing Steve become interested in someone else and Hope is a great candidate for this situation.
  • CindyHaskins
    Board Regular
    • Oct 2011

There is no way i want tension between hope and kayla they are like sister to each other why ruined that.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think this would ruin anything, it would give us some good tension. They shouldn't always get along so easily. That's unrealistic because even best friends have tense times between them. The fact that we have never seen them have one single disagreement or argument is lazy on the part of the writers.
  • eileenregina
    Soap Addict
    • Jun 2011

Why would there be any tension between them. Kayla is an intelligent, educated woman who knows Hope was also a victim of Stefano. She is not the one who planted a chip in Steve's brain.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I want Kayla to resent that Hope is spending a lot of time with Steve. Kayla getting jealous would be fun.
  • dee2
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2015

I don't. There's no need to pit these two against each other. They have been sisters for decades. If Steve and Hope bond as friends over what they
    did to their loved ones, fine. If the writers take them further, that's the unreality, as much as some viewers think Justin being with Kayla is.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      It would be very realistic for Kayla to get jealous even if there is nothing romantic between Steve and Hope. I'm just hoping we don't have to see the writers pushing Kayla and Justin down our throats. I would have to ff Kayla scenes if they did that. I'd much rather see tension between her and Hope even if it's a misunderstanding by Kayla.
  • Greenlee19
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2008

I dont see the point. Honestly I love both actresses but it wont have the same emotional impact it would with better writing. Also Hope had no control over what she did so it would be Kayla flipping out and Hope not remembering.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to see jealousy out of Kayla.
  • CADY
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2012

There may be some tension in the up coming months, if rumors circulating become reality.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope so. It's boring to me seeing no tension between friends at some point. It's unrealistic that they never fight. What are the rumors?

• CADY
      CADY commented
      Editing a comment
      Rumors saying that Hope & Steve develop a close friendship, which will lead to more. Check my preview for Tuesday, which I will post tomorrow morning. The rumors may be true.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      If Kayla can continue being with Justin then I see no problem if Steve and Hope seeing each other.They have had a close friendship for decades anyway.
  • pnorbert2222
    • Jul 2006

I don't see it (the potential for a feud between Kayla and Hope)

Kayla and Hope were sister-in-laws via Bo. So Kayla's kids are the cousins of Hope's kids.

And their relatives are hooked up too. Steve's brother was married to Hope's cousin. Bo's cousin was married to Adrienne. Their families have been interconnected for decades.

And honestly after Jennifer I think Kayla is Hope's #2 friend. I don't think Hope's circle of friends includes many people she's not related to or connected to through marriage.

Plus Bo and Steve were best friends weren't they?

Comment

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bo and Steve were best friends. Now, John and Steve are. The whole group have been friends for decades, including Abe and Lexie.
  • pnorbert2222
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by dee2 View Post
    I don't. There's no need to pit these two against each other. They have been sisters for decades. If Steve and Hope bond as friends over what they
    did to their loved ones, fine. If the writers take them further, that's the unreality, as much as some viewers think Justin being with Kayla is.
    I can just see it now.

Kayla: You can't sleep with Hope. She's my dead brother's widow. I've known her for decades.
    Steve: You're sleeping with my dead sister's widower.
    Kayla: Oh my god you're right. It's like the EXACT same thing. Carry on.

Comment

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL. It would be.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X