Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love triangles now are lazy

At one time these triangles were wonderful and dramatic but today they are boring because they are used too much for characters that writers don't have a clue what to do with. A good example of a character stuck in this is Justin. They threw him into this current situation with Steve and Kayla when it would have been better to back burn him until they have a good story for the character.

Thoughts?

​​​Triangles with characters over 50+ should not happen. Why should Justin be backburnered?

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan
      Scriptwriter
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 Justin has more connections on the show than Steve if you want to play this game. 🙄 Steve was gone for over a year ( two with the jump), so what exactly are you basing for relevance? Besides occupation, they're basically the same character.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      JackandJenfan: Justin isn't a bad character. I adored him back in the day with Adrienne. I just don't like the writers forcing him into a dead end love triangle that he has no chance of winning. He and Kayla are forced just like when Kayla was paired with Shane. These weak love triangles are a waste of time for fans as well. I'm not the least bit interested in Kayla playing house with Justin. Justin could be used better in his own story, not as the weaker part of a love triangle.
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 19, 2020, 07:05 PM.

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan
      Scriptwriter
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Harmonica1985
      Senior Board Member
      Harmonica1985 Then what is your issue with Justin? We all know that Stayla is endgame. You don't need to make Justin vs Steve a thing.

Originally posted by JackandJenfan View Post
    ​​​Triangles with characters over 50+ should not happen. Why should Justin be backburnered?
    Just a little curious. Why not triangles for over 50+?

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan
      Scriptwriter
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      They are too mature for that indecision. Come on.

• aldornia
      aldornia
      Recurring Poster
      aldornia commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I'm guessing here, except for the little kids, 85 percent of the actors on this show are over 50. Look it up. In fact the only couples I can think of right now that are under 50 are Chabby, Cin, and Xarah.

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan
      Scriptwriter
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      And? The vets shouldn't be involved in triangles.

Love triangles are a staple of soaps, however this speaking about a big secret only to have the person you're talking about show up at the door and ask "what secret shouldn't I know?" - how many times can Days do this!! Almost every day, it seems.
    Elvis12
    Recurring Poster
    Last edited by Elvis12; April 20, 2020, 03:18 AM.

Comment

I have never liked tryangles, never will. People go through so much, together, there is lots to write about, but tryangles are one of several fall backs
      for writers who don't want to try too hard. Long term couples, especially no.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985
        Senior Board Member
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you completely.

• dee2
        dee2
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think triangles between couples who are together, and when one half has died or presumed dead, etc. but then returns, are the same.
        In a return situation, when the other is with someone new, there will be complications. I can't say I like them then, either, but when a couple
        is together I really don't like them.

Originally posted by JackandJenfan View Post
      I agree. I think at 50+ its stretching it and yes Justin is great enough on his own he doesnt need to he backburned.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985
        Senior Board Member
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        He needs his own story though. Him being on the losing end of this love triangle will be bad for him.

• lagirl
        lagirl
        Scriptwriter
        lagirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Without this triangle what the heck would they write for Kayla and Patch? That is why they are writing this triangle.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985
        Senior Board Member
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        They don't have to involve interlopers in the situation because Steve and Kayla are endgame. They could have them apart while Kayla decides what to do with his return. Justin was an unnecessary addition to the story. He shouldn't be used as her safe relationship because she's scared.
        Harmonica1985
        Senior Board Member
        Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 19, 2020, 09:17 PM.

Harmonica1985---- Your the one who is trying to make Justin look bad. Justin is no fool. When he was pursuing Adrienne he was "all in", he was persistent to the end and he won the love of his life. So, he is a man who loves Kayla, and she keeps telling him and everyone else that she loves him and most importantly she has not discouraged him in any way to give her space or anything of the kind. He is fighting for Kayla and has told her why he is and Kayla hasn't told him not to.

The only thing I will agree with you is that I am also not interest in watching Justin play house with Steve's wife. I want to be able to watch him play house with his own wife, Adrienne should never have been killed off, and just like you believing Steve and Kayla are endgame, I will also believe Justin and Adrienne should be endgame.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985
        Senior Board Member
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe that Justin and Adrienne are endgame too. I hate their ridiculous decision to do what they did to Adrienne. As for Justin looking bad that's the fault of the bad writing. Putting him in this losing battle is really lazy writing for him. There is no reality where he would be sleeping with another woman just three months after Adrienne died. These writers aren't even trying to write stories that make sense.
        Harmonica1985
        Senior Board Member
        Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 19, 2020, 08:57 PM.

The way they're written now is lazy especially when you know the end result a mile away otherwise I wouldn't mind a love triangle involving these characters if I figured it was going to be written well and in a mature fashion.

It can be done with good writing and direction.

Since that no longer exists in soaps I rather they just scrap this and move Justin to someone else.

Comment

I only want to see love triangles with the younger than 40 characters.

Comment

Triangles suck, it doesn't matter what age group. When the writing is poor, which today it certainly is, it's even more abominable and shouldn't be attempted at all, especially with characters in their fifties who should be more decisive about who they truly love. Stringing people along because you're too afraid to make a decision is not a good look on anyone. It's cowardice.

Comment

We know Steve and Kayla are endgame. This love triangle is giving them a story which is also giving them airtime. Happy = boring. Stop complaining

Comment

• dee2
          dee2
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          It isn't complaining, it's called an opinion and we all have our own.😇

Originally posted by rpmaluki View Post
        Triangles suck, it doesn't matter what age group. When the writing is poor, which today it certainly is, it's even more abominable and shouldn't be attempted at all, especially with characters in their fifties who should be more decisive about who they truly love. Stringing people along because you're too afraid to make a decision is not a good look on anyone. It's cowardice.
        It's only been 12 hours. I would hardly call Kayla indecisive after only one night.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985
          Senior Board Member
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kayla should have told both men that she needs time and space. Justin should have volunteers to move out so he wasn't pressuring her and she could tell Steve that for the time being she's his doctor and nothing more.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X