Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not liking washy washy Kayla

Girl stop crying and wringing your hands and ask both men to back off to let you think. Kayla being so weak truly irks me. I know this is hard for her but she needs to act like an adult instead of a child. It wouldn't be hard to request time and space from both Justin and Steve for a bit of time. Sheesh!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 17, 2020, 06:21 PM.

She's doing fine. She told the truth to Steve. That's all she needs to do.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      She's acting more like a fragile child right now. Heck she doesn't even know which one she should choose. Her head is saying choose safe with Justin but I really don't think safe will make her truly happy. Also Justin isn't the love of her life.
      Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 17, 2020, 09:03 PM.

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Harmonica1985 Steve is the love of her life. I'm not denying that. PS If you didn't realize this by now, I'm a fan of Stayla.

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve is the love of her life. To me it was very telling how she told Jennifer that Justin is safe because to me that means ordinary and boring.

She will eventually take the advice of Jen, who got it from Alice, and let her heart lead her.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and her heart was given to Steve years ago.

I think it's out of character for her, but I like seeing strife between Steve and Kayla. I just love these 2...it's going to be fun to see how they eventually get back together. I hope it's front burner type of story and not some temporary distraction until other stories come to a head. We've seen that happen before.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I know this will end with them together but I really would rather not see her with Justin until she makes the right choice. Too bad Justin can't go on a long business trip to give her time alone to think and for her to find out what Justin pulled today. I will be fast forwarding anything with her and Justin until it's coming to an end.

• lagirl
      lagirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and Steven can go to the same place that he went the many time he abandoned Kayla while Kayla makes her her mind..
      Last edited by lagirl; April 20, 2020, 02:29 PM.

I don't think she's wishy washy, she's just in a very confusing, conflicting situation. She found herself in a happy relationship with another man that isn't Steve. She put Steve away, and now just because he's back, doesn't mean she can forget her feelings for Justin. I'm 99% sure she'll end up with Steve, but it's gonna take more time and probably more conflicts about her feelings for Justin, that leads her where her true heart is.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
      Harmonica1985 commented
      Editing a comment
      She used Justin just as he used her. There is nothing real about them. She's trying to convince herself more than anyone that she is in love with Justin. She loves him but she's definitely not in love with him or she wouldn't be this horn over Steve coming back.

I don’t even see why she needs space from both of them. After 30 years of marriage, you ARE each other. You complete each other. If one of you dies, half of you dies, too. So now her other half is back, still loving her, never wanting to have left, and announcing his love for her. Where’s the conflict?

Justin was a happy filler. Hopefully he can get to know that new pretty attorney Zoey and get out of Kayla’s head.

Comment

• lagirl
      lagirl commented
      Editing a comment
      Problem with that is they have not been together thirty years. They might have married thirty years ago but he was gone at least ten.
      Stefano grabbed Steve on his way back, but he left Salem on his own two feet.
      Last edited by lagirl; April 18, 2020, 04:40 PM.

• Emerald Greens
      Emerald Greens commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve and Kayla go back thirty years but they have only actually been together for a fraction of it . They were awesome thirty years ago. I haven’t seen what made them special for a long time.

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      30 years of marriage?! He was gone for 14 years. Then left her again ( returned when Joey took off and went to him in 2015).

Originally posted by cc from PA View Post
    I don’t even see why she needs space from both of them. After 30 years of marriage, you ARE each other. You complete each other. If one of you dies, half of you dies, too. So now her other half is back, still loving her, never wanting to have left, and announcing his love for her. Where’s the conflict?

Justin was a happy filler. Hopefully he can get to know that new pretty attorney Zoey and get out of Kayla’s head.
    I agreed with everything you said - until I got to the part about Zoey. She may be pretty but I don't like her familial connection - or her attitude.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with Kayla. The poor gal constantly has to deal with Steve leaving and returning. He is so unstable and unpredictable. He just comes and goes as he pleases. Kayla deserves SO much better. Obviously, he will be her destiny. Too bad!

Comment

• CADY
        CADY commented
        Editing a comment
        I would not compare John to Steve. No comparison what so ever.
        Last edited by CADY; April 19, 2020, 05:59 AM.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Marlena accepts John unconditionally and loves him for who he has always been. Kayla is a woman to that wants things her way and there's no inbetween with her. Kayla was at one time truly accepting of who Steve is but as she got older all she wants is a man to be her lapdog.

• Emerald Greens
        Emerald Greens commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn’t call constantly leaving his family any kind of middle ground. It’s almost like Steve forgets he has a family but wants them back whenever he returns.

Kayla's a good example of the so-called "middle child syndrome." It's about birth order and family dynamics. She's the empathetic peacekeeper who has to hold it together while her siblings engage in their specialness and their drama. Big brother superhero Roman. Daddy's "best and brightest" (as he often called her) Kim. The youngest -- rebel Bo.
      You can get burned out from holding it together.
      She's also running a whole hospital by herself while the only other doctor, a Kimberly-type drama queen, is licking her self-inflicted wounds on a private jet...and the source of all Kayla's heartche is stretched out in a bed down the hall, rope-a-doping her every time she stops in to wear herself out emotionally.
      Prediction, she probably won't decide, Justin or Steve, until some weird conflict heats up and pops, after which it'll be another wedding, another HEA, and then Ava's back from the dead, lather/rinse/repeat.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don't like them by all means fast forward them.

Originally posted by Key View Post
      Kayla's a good example of the so-called "middle child syndrome." It's about birth order and family dynamics. She's the empathetic peacekeeper who has to hold it together while her siblings engage in their specialness and their drama. Big brother superhero Roman. Daddy's "best and brightest" (as he often called her) Kim. The youngest -- rebel Bo.
      You can get burned out from holding it together.
      She's also running a whole hospital by herself while the only other doctor, a Kimberly-type drama queen, is licking her self-inflicted wounds on a private jet...and the source of all Kayla's heartche is stretched out in a bed down the hall, rope-a-doping her every time she stops in to wear herself out emotionally.
      Prediction, she probably won't decide, Justin or Steve, until some weird conflict heats up and pops, after which it'll be another wedding, another HEA, and then Ava's back from the dead, lather/rinse/repeat.
      Harmonica—that’s kind of harsh??? Key was just giving his/her opinion, like all of us do. And Key is spot on with this analysis. It’s always Kayla’s destiny to run the show. I’m enjoying, though, her empathy towards Justin — she’s not just dumping him as soon as Steve walks in the door.

Key — what is the world is “rope-a-doping?????” Keep up these great posts

Comment

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        Everyone has a right to their opinion of course. I'm just being honest. If anyone doesn't like something or someone in the show they have a ff button. I will use mine if Kayla settles for Justin.
        Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 19, 2020, 02:15 PM.

Well on Friday's cliffhanger, Kayla said she made her decision. As it's a soap opera and they have to drag this out as long as possible, I am guessing she chooses Justin. I seem to remember a similar thing where Adrienne had to choose between two men and chose the least likely, later reversing herself.

Comment

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^It is possible to like a character, even a favorite, and still be annoyed by them in some scenes/storylines. It doesn't have to mean you don't like
        the character any longer. I understand your POV.

It's possible to dislike the way a favorite is acting, as you do now, but still, in the end, like them.

• Harmonica1985
        Harmonica1985 commented
        Editing a comment
        dee2 Exactly! Kayla is driving me crazy because I just don't recognize her right now but that doesn't mean she's not still my favorite female character. Heck Steve can totally Rick me off at times but he's also my favorite make character.

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know. I have had years of Bo and Hope. There were times one or the other
        would annoy me, and at times the writing for them would make me angry.
        I had more problems with the writing for Bo, under certain writers, but Hope
        got her share. In the end I love both, most especially when together.

Originally posted by cc from PA View Post

Key — what is the world is “rope-a-doping?????” Keep up these great posts
      Rope-a-dope is a boxing strategy where you lean against the ropes and let your opponent wear himself out throwing ineffectual punches. Steve is lying there in a hospital bed, basically letting Kayla stand there hollering at him, making entreaties and getting herself all lathered up but making no progress. Next he's going to say he'll let her go her way, which is even more passivity on his part.
      How intentional on his part it may be, that's up to the viewer. But I believe that in the "tender warfare" between lovers, it doesn't matter whether the strategy is conscious or not, because love is not experienced only in the mind.
      Unlike here where some readers "love" my posts and others don't. I try to avoid irritating people but sometimes I do anyway. Responding to them just imperils the whole thread.
      Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Harmonica1985 I am enjoying your threads! Love to see someone passionate with the story. Kayla has to right now decide who she really loves.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kayla is to scared to tell them to give her time and space.

Originally posted by LisaBowman View Post
        Well on Friday's cliffhanger, Kayla said she made her decision. As it's a soap opera and they have to drag this out as long as possible, I am guessing she chooses Justin. I seem to remember a similar thing where Adrienne had to choose between two men and chose the least likely, later reversing herself.
        Yes, I remember this two year fiasco with a Justin/Lucas/Adrienne triangle wherein Adrienne decided she would stay with Lucas, the least likely at first and then choosing Justin. They got a one day reunion and then were back burned for a year.

Yes, the cliffhanger on Friday showed Kayla telling Steve that she made her decision. I believe as Kayla tells Steve she has made her decision, Steve will interrupt her and tells her that she should stay with Justin and what he is saying to her will throw her for a loop because she certainly wasn't expecting this from him. Kayla will be very upset of course. I wonder if she will keep this from Justin.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          Justin didn't tell her everything about his talk with Steve and that's my issue with him now. Kayla doesn't know the true reason Steve pushes her away.
          Last edited by Harmonica1985; April 19, 2020, 09:09 PM.

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw somewhere that Kayla tells someone that Steve rejected her. I can't keep up with all the particulars.😃

I am more interested in what happens to my man Justin than I am about Steve/Kayla, sorry but I'm just being truthful here. Steve/Kayla are end game for always and ever and they are in another big story which will go on and on probably into the fall, I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of angst between S/K for all to see while putting Justin in the middle of their love story as the bad guy which seems the way the writers are going.
        If Justin has to be the catalyst, so be it, I don't have to like it but I'll take it because Justin needs a story badly after the writers disrespected his and Adrienne's love story by killing her, not giving her a funeral and throwing him into a full blown romance with none other than Kayla who was Adrienne's best friend and Adrienne's brothers wife.

I remember "evil Justin" back in the day when he and Adrienne were divorced but he was still in love with her. He played "evil/bad" well while being angry and jealous that she was trying to make it on her own which she did. Make him the villain if this is what it will take to see his handsome face grace our screens after such a long dry spell.

Comment

• dee2
          dee2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Justin is one of the more appealing, goodlooking men on Days. I hope that Adrienne isn't dead, dead. I would like to see them back as
          a couple on the show, as regularly as possible.

• *80's days fan
          *80's days fan commented
          Editing a comment
          As a Steve and Kayla fan, I've always wondered why Adrienne and Justin weren't given more front burner stories. Both are incredible actors and deserved much better than what they got. Hopefully, we see Adrienne back on canvas soon with a story worthy of the pair.

• Harmonica1985
          Harmonica1985 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't mind seeing Justin take a more villain type role either.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X