Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bring Robert Kelker Kelly back for Hope!! ?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sebastian
    Board Regular
    • Mar 2004

Bring Robert Kelker Kelly back for Hope!! ?

I think they should bring back Robert Kelker Kelly but have him play a new character and a love interest for Hope! She needs a new man. And I think they would have great chemistry! BTW she looked beautiful in Friday’s episode I’m glad they are writing how she is having PTSD over being princess Gina.
  • AllBoHope
    Soap Addict
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by sebastian View Post
    I think they should bring back Robert Kelker Kelly but have him play a new character and a love interest for Hope! She needs a new man. And I think they would have great chemistry! BTW she looked beautiful in Friday’s episode I’m glad they are writing how she is having PTSD over being princess Gina.
    No way - they had HUGE issues when he was on before! That'll never happen! If Bo's not coming back (and I doubt he will to the present-day writing style) Hope needs a brand new character if she has a new love interest ahead - one that is better written for her than the last two (showing respect to Bo & Bope) & one who challenges her & brings out the amazing traits she lost after Bo! JMHO but it WON'T be RKK!

Comment

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ted! But, like you said, with lots of respect for Bo and Hope, something that was lacking when Hope was gone and Bo was with the other
      two.
  • TV Man
    Senior Board Member
    • Apr 2015

They need to bring on a new character with a slow build-up for Hope (like with Aiden). Perhaps a therapist who can help her through the memories of Princess Gina. A new therapist in town could also generate story with Marlena - a competitor for Salem's favorite shrink.

Comment

• AllBoHope
      AllBoHope commented
      Editing a comment
      Not only was I, personally, not crazy about Aiden with Hope the main problem was how they trashed Bo to prop him! Actually, the time wasn't bad but the writing was atrocious. Making Bo a deserter to his loved ones to prop Aiden for her was disastrous IMO!

Totally agree they need a slow build and not another rush job like Rafe! It's very difficult to move half of a supercouple on anyway - especially legends like Bo & Hope - but it takes time & respect and it still would need that for Hope because of her 3-decades-long iconic relationship with Bo! They just blew by that!

Your idea about a therapist would be awesome, but it would need to go back as far as when she lost Bo and how & why she went south after that. She went through a LOT that was never dealt with as well as Princess Gina which would make for some riveting story while slowly building up a new romance for her. If only the writers would be up to something of that quality & depth!
  • Bluediamond
    Senior Board Member
    • Dec 2017

Too bad they ruined Aiden. I thought he and Hope were great together. I don't think RKK worked out last time, at least that's what I heard.

Comment

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, they should have just left Hope and Aiden alone, instead of pushing something that never worked, Hope and Rafe. RKK had a lot of
      drama when he was on the show last.

• Bluediamond
      Bluediamond commented
      Editing a comment
      dee2 I was okay with Hope and Rafe at first because he seemed to really love her and was supportive of her and vice versa but when he left to go help Sami with Johnny when there were so many others that could have stepped up, I wasn't happy about that and just waited for it to end.

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluediamond I never felt it working. That's when they pushed Hope being so young that she didn't even acknowledge Claire as her
      grandchild, instead referring to her as Ciara's friend. But, when Rafe smugly put all of the responsibility for covering up the shooting of
      Stefano onto Hope, when it was his idea, he lost me.
  • dee2
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2015

They didn't get along, for well known reasons, the first time. I doubt that they would now.

Comment

• knotsfan
      Senior Board Member
      • May 2017

In all fairness, Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell didn't get along so well their first go around either, but when they returned to Days years later, they were much friendlier. Maybe that could happen with Robert Kelker- Kelly, but I really doubt it.

Comment

• prfan2008
        prfan2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally different issues. In the beginning, two young actors, new to fame, and overnight success, lots of pressure. A few issues but still they ended up close friends. RKK and KA was a whole different ball game and anyone who knows what went down would NEVER want that for any woman.
    • Abby_fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2015

How about Vargas or Patrick Lockheart? I would love to see her and Ted Laurent together. Oh well, Hope needs to deal with her present situation before having a love life. Too bad Dr. Baker cannot come back to town to help Hope. I am just glad we have Hope back.

Comment

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^He could be recast, the character is alive, isn't he?

• Abby_fan
        Abby_fan commented
        Editing a comment
        But would they have the same chemistry? Yes dee2 I suppose the character is alive, lol, but I loved their chemistry a lot.

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^ I liked Dr. Baker, too. I guess we would just have to see some scenes, to know if someone new would fit.
    • tiff5555
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

Days could have given Hope two years after Bo's death to move on with Rafe Too bad the writers did not think there. And they have not wrote one good story for Rafe. Anyway, I would want the guy who played Sam from Passions to come to Days and be her man.

Comment

• gymguy68
        Contract Poster
        • Jul 2018

I completely agree with you that Hope needs a new pairing but please, not RKK!!! He was horrible and there was zero chemistry between the two. I think Ted would have been great having been given the chance. With that said, Aiden and Rafe were no great shakes imo. Hope shines when she's with the "bad boy". Give her a completely new character, even if it's a DiMera.

Comment

• mahdi
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2004

I respectfully disagree. I think RKK had great chemistry with Billie, Lisa R, but not with Hope. IMHO they should have let Hope be with Aiden or Ted, but they never gave either coupling a real chance. Instead they trashed both characters.
          mahdi
          Moderator: DAYS Forum, soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
            Contract Poster
            • Mar 2009

I would fully accept and support RKK returning as Bo Brady! It took a little while to get used to him as Bo, but then he was great. His chemistry with Lisa Rinna’s Billie was excellent. Hope needs Bo. The show needs Bo. If RKK isn’t available, they need to find someone to play Bo at this point. Peter Reckell not wanting to return is messing up the show and Hope.

Comment

• Beca Drags
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Apr 2005

They should have never broken up Hope and Rafe! They were a great couple. No thanks to RKK.

Comment

• magoo1000
                magoo1000 commented
                Editing a comment
                I liked them too Beca.

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                Amen to that.

• CindyHaskins
                CindyHaskins commented
                Editing a comment
                Days did a good job in breaking up hope and rafe they have no chemistry what so ever.rafe was a terrible husband to hope that never once put her first or their marriage because he was alway running to his exes rescue like sami and jordan,.the best hope ever did was dumping rafe for ted.
            • JackandJenfan
              Soap Addict
              • Jul 2018

Rope was awful. No chemistry and the characters brought each other down. Hope should go on a world cruise for a bit.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Harmonica1985 commented
                Editing a comment
                They had more chemistry than Hope and Ted.

• CindyHaskins
                CindyHaskins commented
                Editing a comment
                Hope taking a world cruise for bit it is never going to happen.also if there any character on days that need to take world cruise it is marlena i am so tired of her taking over the show
                Last edited by CindyHaskins; April 17, 2020, 05:47 PM.

• CindyHaskins
                CindyHaskins commented
                Editing a comment
                Get real hope and rafe had no chemistry what so ever.hope and ted did have chemistry together.
            • lnl2always4ever
              Senior Board Member
              • Feb 2008

I know RKK from my times working for the airlines. He is not returning to acting full time. There's a lot more to the story of him leaving Days too.

Comment

• Harmonica1985
                Senior Board Member
                • Sep 2019

He never had chemistry with KA.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X