Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristen's reaction to learning her baby is alive

Did anyone else think Kristen's reaction to learning her baby is alive was surprisingly blunted. Kristen is supposed to be an emotionally unstable character who has wanted a baby her whole life. Losing Rachel wrecked her, but when she found out Rachel was alive she was basically like "Oh really that's nice". It didn't even seem like an "in shock" kind of reaction. I would have thought Kristen would either be jumping for joy, killing Xander, running out the door to see Rachel despite Brady's protests, or refusing to accept that her baby was really alive.

Meanwhile, other reactions this week have been great and appropriate. Sarah had the over-the-top reaction I've been hoping for. Brady had a reaction that was perfectly in character for him, plus he had an excuse not to be jumping for joy because he already suspected his baby was alive. Eric's reaction was blunted, but that's in character for him. Steve had a great emotional reaction to learning Adrienne was dead. Kristen's reaction to learning her baby is alive seemed so weird and out of character.

I agree. I too, thought Kristen's reaction was uncharacteristically reserved or subdued.

Comment

I thought that too. It just seemed so rushed and like "oh wow! Ok!". Just sort of blah reactions on both kristen and bradys part for a reveal we waited so long to see.

Comment

Yes, her reaction was underwhelming.

Comment

I agree. Underwhelming to say the least. Although thank heavens at least we don't have to hear her bemoan her dead baby any longer, while staring at death certificates.

Comment

The reaction to wait until the next day to allow Sarah to say goodbye to as so unexpected. Maybe she was in shock or disbelief. Anyway, her reaction to the news that her dead baby was alive was very underwhelming to say the least.

Comment

I thought it was strange too. After getting back from the convent she's spent most of her time crying about Rachel while looking at that death certificate. When she wasn't doing that she was going on about what a big deal it was for her to have a baby. She even killed someone (by accident) when she thought the baby died. So she finds out the baby is alive and just on the other side of town while at the grave of all places, and her reaction is basically "Oh, that's nice." No excitement. No denial. No inability to believe it. No characteristically crazy "I don't care what you say I'm going to see my baby right now and I'll kill you before I let you get in my way" Kristen.

That makes no sense. I've seen people more excited to find a penny in a parking lot.

Comment

What I thought was typical Kristen was when she kept jumping up to go get her baby.

While I understand she has been deprived of her baby for all this time, Brady kept explaining he wanted to give Sarah and Eric an opportunity to say goodbye.

There was no empathy from her.

As someone who thought she had lost a child, I thought she might have been able to put herself in their shoes.

Comment

• jmpenn90
                  jmpenn90
                  Contract Poster
                  jmpenn90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She did have empathy. I’m shocked she didn’t go right away to get her baby. I would have. They wouldn’t even let her hold the baby before. She showed empathy and restraint waiting as long as she did. And how did she get paid for her kindness? Sarah just stole her baby.

She seemed sort of focused on revenge

Comment

• jmpenn90
                  jmpenn90
                  Contract Poster
                  jmpenn90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She still hasn’t even gotten to hold her child so what else is she supposed to do? She is sitting there waiting to see and hold her child. It’s not like she is holding the baby and focused on revenge instead of holding the baby.

Originally posted by Clementine15 View Post
                She seemed sort of focused on revenge
                Totally lacking all sense of self-awareness in that regard. You'd think she'd never kidnapped a baby straight from his mother's womb. Of course Brady is the same. What she did is just in the past which she never paid for and he doesn't care, yet he's furious at Xander. Can't have it both ways.

Comment

• jmpenn90
                  jmpenn90
                  Contract Poster
                  jmpenn90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That isn’t true at all because she actually mentioned that she deserved this for what she did to him and Theresa and now she knows how they felt. So she did show self awareness in her scenes.

• icyblue2034
                  icyblue2034
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  icyblue2034 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jmpenn90
                  Contract Poster
                  jmpenn90 She made one comment about it which Brady brushed off and made light of as if it was nothing. Self-awareness would have been an insistence of talking it through. Not a one-off that sounded more like she wanted Brady to feel bad for her. Which worked. She never apologized, faced punishment, or atoned for that. But Brady acts likes it's nothing while being mad at Xander.

So no, that little comment is not self-awareness.

Kristen has been mourning the so called death of her baby for almost a year. She is probably having a hard time digesting the baby is alive. Obviously, she is very distraught and full of guilt for the many crimes and horrible things she has done to others. She does not think that she is worthy of any good happenings in her life. A very complexed lady. How she handles this mess and motherhood is yet to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by CADY View Post
                  Kristen has been mourning the so called death of her baby for almost a year. She is probably having a hard time digesting the baby is alive. Obviously, she is very distraught and full of guilt for the many crimes and horrible things she has done to others. She does not think that she is worthy of any good happenings in her life. A very complexed lady. How she handles this mess and motherhood is yet to be determined.
                  I agree, especially with the part in bold. I think her reaction seems somewhat subdued because she won't allow herself to jump for joy in case it isn't true or in case something goes wrong, which it already has (the kidnapping).

Revenge is Kristen's default mode and she's already mentioned making Xander pay. It will be interesting to see if she can rein in her natural impulses and control her need for payback. This could be a real turning point for her. Time will tell.

Comment

• CADY
                    CADY
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    CADY commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My sentiments exactly. I do think her stabbing Victor will be used as a tool bargaining mechanism. Victor will not file charges, if she prevents him and Xander from going to prison. They have to find a way to keep the two criminals from going to prison as usual.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X