This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpopular opinion Ben and Ciara

I might be alone here but i am bored with Ben and Ciara can't stand them any longer everytime i see them i hit FF

I have progressively disliked their story after their cabin scenes. Everything written for them quickly became predictable, boring and vapid. They had SO much potential but Ron squandered it. Ben was such fascinating character but I think Ron was afraid of writing what it would truly be like for Ciara to be with someone so mentally fractured and a bad guy so he wiped the slate clean for them. I'd much rather see those cabin scenes again or something similarly riveting and character driven than whatever this cookie cutter nonsense he's been feeding us since the cabin fire and every plot since.

Comment

You aren't alone. I've forwarded their scenes for as long as I can remember. They are gorgeous to look at, but their scenes together don't do it for me.

Comment

• AllBoHope
        AllBoHope
        Soap Addict
        AllBoHope commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree - the OP is definitely NOT "alone" here! In a poll last week over half the responders were against this pair! Some consider them "the best they have now" (debatable), but that's not saying much anyway. The bar for strong couples is very low nowadays!

• Elvis12
        Elvis12
        Recurring Poster
        Elvis12 commented
        Editing a comment
        So have I. Glad I'm not the only one.

• magoo1000
        magoo1000
        Aspiring soap scribe
        magoo1000 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is because their relationship has no depth. They are just two pretty people having sex and telling each other how amazing they are.

Originally posted by rpmaluki View Post
      I have progressively disliked their story after their cabin scenes. Everything written for them quickly became predictable, boring and vapid. They had SO much potential but Ron squandered it. Ben was such fascinating character but I think Ron was afraid of writing what it would truly be like for Ciara to be with someone so mentally fractured and a bad guy so he wiped the slate clean for them. I'd much rather see those cabin scenes again or something similarly riveting and character driven than whatever this cookie cutter nonsense he's been feeding us since the cabin fire and every plot since.
      I really liked them at first but honestly I feel like they have gotten the same plot for the past two years while other couples have had different stories.

Comment

I've fast forwarded their scenes since day one. I find it difficult to support a duo when one party is a serial killer. I find their relationship disgusting!

Comment

Originally posted by CADY View Post
          I've fast forwarded their scenes since day one. I find it difficult to support a duo when one party is a serial killer. I find their relationship disgusting!
          I'm totally on board with you here! I WANTED to like them - especially Ciara, Bo & Hope's legacy - because I've always felt continuing drama is what daytime is all about & she had the perfect foundation laid out for her AND they were my all-time faves - I wanted to watch her carry their mantel! She had the greatest potential and, with the chemistry she shares with Ben, they could've been really special & super! However, pairing Bope's precious daughter with a serial killer & leaving it that way that he had therapy, takes meds, & is fine now was devastating! Sicko SK's don't redeem & I don't buy it just because the writer wrote it that way - it kept me away from the viewing audience & cheated the duo from having a quality, well developed story - extremely unappealing "soap fantasy" for my taste)!!

As written, there's no depth to them or their characters - not well-developed at all!. Just because they're "hot" in bed doesn't make them strong - that makes them shallow IMO! Someone mentioned they thought Ron was "afraid" of writing a riveting sl for them about dealing with the mental illness so he just cleaned the slate & moved on! IMO he wasn't at all "afraid" because he took MORE of a risk letting Ben remain a serial killer rather than write an indepth, compelling sl dealing with his background and THEN making him a worthy heroic, romantic lead showing he was set-up and not responsible for all those murders & why he would've believed it himself! I don't think he's CAPABLE of that much more than being "afraid". I think he preferred taking the lazy way & hope the sex pulled them off! Writing something indepth would've taken time & creativity and would've been MUCH more entertaining to watch than just the cheesy sex he's put out there! As someone else said, "He really dropped the ball with this twosome that had such much promise"! They turn me off & out!
          AllBoHope
          Soap Addict
          Last edited by AllBoHope; April 17, 2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

I don't agree. I love Ben and Ciara together. They're my favorite couple on days of our lives.❤️

Comment

I liked them at first. Now I about fall asleep when they are on. I hope they get a good story soon so I can enjoy them again. Ciara's obsession with him is just too much. I really like Ben and I was to the point I was hoping they would execute him so Ciara would have to find something else to do!

Comment

That's not unpopular. They're boring. The show squandered their potential.

Comment

• CindyHaskins
                CindyHaskins
                Board Regular
                CindyHaskins commented
                Editing a comment
                I am a fan of ben and ciara and they are not a boring couple to watch.

• AllBoHope
                AllBoHope
                Soap Addict
                AllBoHope commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree with "J&J" that they really "squandered their potential"! What an opportunity for some quality characters with a laid out foundation on the show (Ciara) and a great couple because of good chemistry, but they did a number on them with the writing and lack of character/story development & depth to both! Some decent writing would've done wonders with them IMO but hot sex can carry something just so long!

I can't stand them, and never could. I will never accept a serial killer as a romantic hero. It's disgusting!

Comment

• CindyHaskins
                CindyHaskins
                Board Regular
                CindyHaskins commented
                Editing a comment
                I happen to be a huge fan of ben and ciara i love them together.also ben has ever right to be redeem have a second on love and he has that with ciara and he is romantic hero.i cant stand chad and abby they have to be most boring couple on days and all they will ever be is fake dimera.

• Beca Drags
                Beca Drags
                Aspiring soap scribe
                Beca Drags commented
                Editing a comment
                What do Chad and Abby have to do with this thread??

I can't stand Ben and Ciara I have hated them since they first put them together. They are a boring couple there is nothing romantic about them. I just completely hate them.

Comment

I am in the minority of never have been able to stand them. The character of Ciara was lost to me from her first hair flip, getting off the motorcycle
                and Ben was only interesting when he was strangling people.😇

Comment

• CindyHaskins
                  CindyHaskins
                  Board Regular
                  CindyHaskins commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well i happen to like the ben and ciara has a couple.

• dee2
                  dee2
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good for you!😀

• LadyCanuck
                  LadyCanuck
                  Contract Poster
                  LadyCanuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Word. You had me at the hair flip. She thinks she's hot stuff and they have tried to erase the only thing that made him interesting at the expense of other characters. I don't think not liking them is minority opinion, they are polarizing at best.

Has a huge fan of ben and ciara they are not a boring couple to watch.

Comment

They are the best thing since Bo and Hope. The chemistry, the acting, the storyline, the love scenes, the caring,etc. It has been fantastic to watch and I have watched for 45 years. Both are equal ability in their acting prowess. They are magnificent to their fans. What more could you want? I love them greatly.

Comment

I agree with you completely! They are getting so silly and boring and I'm tired of watching them rolling around in bed together. That's all they do!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X