Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“When we were kids were All we had, ...”. Steve and Adrienne???

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “When we were kids were All we had, ...”. Steve and Adrienne???

“When we were kids we were all we had, we really looked out for each other”

This is proof that the people in charge of this show haven’t spent one minute learning about these characters.

Steve and Adrienne of course only met when they were adults. This is a major part of their story, which was all about childhood trauma.
    Cat women
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    Last edited by Cat women; April 14, 2020, 01:36 PM.

I distinctly remember when they had flash backs many years ago (1980’s?) that Steve Nichols real life son (who looked just like him) played Steve as a child. Adrienne was a infant. I remember the child Steve talking to the infant Adrienne about wanting to protect her or something like that. So he did remember her from when he was a kid and she was an infant. But she would not have remembered.

Comment

• Cat women
      Cat women
      Cat women commented
      Editing a comment
      That child playing Steve was SN real life son Aaron Nichols. That baby Steve was trying to protect was Jack. Steve’s parents had Adrienne after Jack and Steve were sent to the orphanage.

• Karen73UK
      Karen73UK
      Contract Poster
      Karen73UK commented
      Editing a comment
      That was Jack as a baby, not Adrienne. Adrienne wasn’t born until after Steve and Jack were given up for adoption. Adrienne and Steve first met as adults when Adrienne showed up in Salem looking for her long lost brother.

Ok. Thanks. I just remember the infant, but not who it was. Think the only reason I remember any of this was because the child looked so much like Steve.

Comment

I agree that the show is selective in the research it does on characters, etc.

Comment

• *80's days fan
        *80's days fan
        Newcomer
        *80's days fan commented
        Editing a comment
        It's pure laziness. These scenes could have been so good, but instead, it leaves fans shaking their heads

In a soap world where nobody knows whose baby is whose, who's alive and not really dead, and they never ever learn to double check the lab results, it's not surprising that the writers don't know or care about the early life of Steve, Billy and Adrienne. Although you would think one of the actors might mention it when they see the script.

Comment

I posted that in live threat that it sounded like them being kids and their fans know different.

Comment

Originally posted by Key View Post
          In a soap world where nobody knows whose baby is whose, who's alive and not really dead, and they never ever learn to double check the lab results, it's not surprising that the writers don't know or care about the early life of Steve, Billy and Adrienne. Although you would think one of the actors might mention it when they see the script.
          That's a good point. I wonder if the actors have any say in the scripts. I would think SN would know the backstory with Steve and Adrienne.

Comment

• Cat women
            Cat women
            Cat women commented
            Editing a comment
            Days doesn’t strike me as a place where the writers value the actors input.

There were several things that stood out to me today:
            - Steve thinking he grew up with Adrienne
            - Kayla telling Justin that only he and Sonny loved Adrienne more than Steve, forgetting about Adrienne and Justin’s other three kids
            - Steve still hasn’t asked about his kids, especially Joey

The actors can’t rewrite the scripts, Days tapes the show at lightening speed, and it doesn’t feel like a collaboration. The show isn’t work friendly to the actors.
            Cat women
            Last edited by Cat women; April 14, 2020, 04:08 PM.

• Karen73UK
            Karen73UK
            Contract Poster
            Karen73UK commented
            Editing a comment
            ^ Kayla didn’t mention Jack or Jo (even though she’s offscreen) either. It’s kind of rude to suggest Jack, Jo and J&A’s other sons didn’t love Adrienne as much as Sonny, Steve and Justin.

• Key
            Key
            Soap Addict
            Key commented
            Editing a comment
            Cat women
            Cat women -- all excellent observations. One might think the scripts were phoned in from a land without a tv. It's inexcusable if the writers can't/won't/don't consult the actors. SN and MBE have been in their roles for decades.
            DAYS can survive without any particular writers much better than it can survive without its actors, most of whom are incredibly talented and irreplaceable.

Stephen is probably just hoping to keep his job and is keeping his mouth shut these days.😃

Comment

Was it so hard for the writers to learn about the history of the character's they write for? Here is the iconic scene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XzL...QUGPw&index=13
          *80's days fan
          Newcomer
          Last edited by *80's days fan; April 14, 2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Cat women
            Cat women
            Cat women commented
            Editing a comment
            This was so good, The way the story unfolded was beautifully done.

I am guessing Days does not have the leisure for the writers to ask the actors for input...then again, Billy and Kate did their own wedding vows back in 2016. Or was that 2019??? Sorry, can’t remember.

Comment

Newer writers don't care if they screw up history.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat women View Post
              “When we were kids we were all we had, we really looked out for each other”

This is proof that the people in charge of this show haven’t spent one minute learning about these characters.

Steve and Adrienne of course only met when they were adults. This is a major part of their story, which was all about childhood trauma.
              um ok I get Jack was adopted. But if Steve and Adrienne didn't grow up together how were they raised? Which one wasn't raised by their parents?

Comment

• Cat women
                Cat women
                Cat women commented
                Editing a comment
                Duke regularly beat up Steve's mom Jo, so when Steve was six years old he tried to set his father on fire when he was sleeping. Duke survived, but Jo feared for Steve and Jack after that, so she sent them to an orphange. Jack was adopted by the Devoraux's. Steve grew up at the orphange, he became an emancipated minor at 15 or 16.

Sometime after Jo sent the boys away, Jo and Duke had another baby, Adrienne, but Duke was still violent towards Jo, and Adrienne grew up in an abusive home with Duke.

There's a beautiful scene between Steve and Adrienne, where Steve says, " Let me get this straight, they sent me and my baby brother away, and then decided to have another.....well, did they keep you?"

The scenes when Steve see's Jo again for the first time as an adult were so good.
                Cat women
                Last edited by Cat women; April 15, 2020, 05:09 AM.

I think Steve remained in either a orphanage or on the foster system after Jack was adopted. And poor Adrienne was raised by Earl and Jo. Earl was abusive and raped Adrienne.

Comment

• Cat women
                Cat women
                Cat women commented
                Editing a comment
                Earl was Steve's uncle, also an abusive man. Duke was the name of their father, and yes, he raped Adrienne.

Duke was their dad. He was a horrible man. He beat Jo and I think she took the beatings to keep him from hurting the boys. The orphanage is where Steve met Marcus. When Steve was in surgery once, Marcus told Jo that Steve had a chance to be adopted and he didn't go because he stay to protect Marcus.

Comment

I dont know if Days had one but OLTL had a continuity position that helped check for things like this. ABC chose to cut costs by cutting the position a few years before the show left the air

Considering the accelerated pace at which Days has been produced, it may not have been caught until later at which point the show may have decided to just move on

Comment

• dee2
                  dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Magazine articles in the past about Days, said that there was such a position, but it was stopped. I don't know if there has been a continuity
                  person for quite awhile, but it doesn't seem so.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X