• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soap Operator
    Day Player
    • Aug 2018

Why is Tripp even with Claire?

Maybe there’s something I’m not understanding about their relationship because I haven’t been watching for very long, but as far as I can tell he doesn’t even seem that interested in her.
  • Chabby lover
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2018

Because Tripp does like Claire even if he shouldn't like her. Tripp is with her because he does like her even if it is just a little bit. Tripp seems interested in her to me even though he really should not be interested in the manipulator. But that is why he is with Claire he does like her.

Comment

• Jj1701
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Sep 2012

He doesn't like her the way he used to. Before Ciara came back to town he was SO into Claire. Now they seem like friends. He's holding back. And I get it's supposed to be that he knows deep down that he can't trust her or whatever, but it just reads as them being friends IMO.

Comment

• Soap Operator
        Day Player
        • Aug 2018

Thanks. I’ve only been watching for about a month, I think I’ll have to find some clips of them when they first got together.

Comment

• a_spooner
          Board Regular
          • Dec 2016

Tripp and Claire don't even seem like a romantic couple. All Tripp does is complain about her, lecture her and distrust her. So why does he bother?
          Is the sex that good? I imagine it can't be fantastic as they don't even sleep in the same room together.
          These two are so mismatched.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            Executive Poster
            • Oct 2009

She's an easy lay that's why.

That being said this show sucks at writing relationships. I mean they're too lazy to even come up with a reason why they are together. Also don't buy JJ being that into Haley this quickly when they barely know each other. They go from Point A to Point T with nothing in between.

Comment

• Terileeh
              Terileeh commented
              Editing a comment
              It makes me sick that they have these young couples switching partners so often. Clare and Ciara will have had like 10 sexual partners by the time they are 25.

• CanaryFan98
              CanaryFan98 commented
              Editing a comment
              Terileeh they're rather tame. Claire has only been on screen with Tripp and Theo. Ciara just Tripp(she was raped by Chase). That being said there's no point in investing in any couple on this show beyond the established ones(Jarlena, J&J, Doug/Julie) everyone is written so generic and they are interchangeable. I'm all about containment and family interactions with this show because they have nothing else going for it.
          • Cat women
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Sep 2013

He's with her for the sex

Comment

• Chabby lover
              Chabby lover commented
              Editing a comment
              He is not with her for sex at all. Tripp is not that way at all

• JaeBianca
              JaeBianca commented
              Editing a comment
              Chabbylover, as much as I'd like to believe he's above that...he's not. I totally remember when he tried to break up with Claire over her conspiracy with Ben and the fact that he couldn't trust her. She rightfully called him out for his part in his breakup with Ciara, so he offered to let them settle as friends.Claire just batted her crazy eyes and started going on about how she thought they were just too good together in bed to be just friends. All of his determination just crumbled and he settled on making her promise not to lie anymore. And, how many times has he caught her in lies since then?! You know that he totally knew that she was the most likely of the 3 of them to turn Hayley in when he questioned her, too. But she keeps throwing herself at him and he keeps catching.

• JaeBianca
              JaeBianca commented
              Editing a comment
              I just watch Friday's episode, and Tripp made it pretty clear that it's the sex and it definitely makes him stupid. He knew she wouldn't be okay with being the side piece in his marriage to Hayley, but rolled the dice and asked anyway. Now he is relying on her low self esteem to keep her in check, but it will only blow up in everyone's face, because he can't see Claire for who and what she is.
          • Scrubs/emmaFF
            Contract Poster
            • May 2011

Ugh Claire scheming for a dud like Tripp is ridiculous

Comment

• Cat women
              Cat women commented
              Editing a comment
              I know right
          • kdw877
            Senior Board Member
            • Jan 2014

I feel like at first she was just a rebound to try and get over Ciara or to at least make Ciara jealous. He was jealous of Ben, so it made sense, but the writers tossed Tiara to the curb and haven't looked back, so I dunno anymore.

Comment

• ABeth
              ABeth commented
              Editing a comment
              I can’t imagine why Tripp would be jealous of that psychopath Ben.

• kdw877
              kdw877 commented
              Editing a comment
              ABeth Because the girl he loved/loves had eyes for Ben instead. I imagine that would make any guy jealous, despite who the person is.

• ABeth
              ABeth commented
              Editing a comment
              kdw877 actually, the fact Ciara is lusting after a serial killer should alleviate any jealousy Tripp might have over who Ciara chooses to date. The girl obviously has serious issues she needs to work on.
          • CallAboutTheCat
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2015

It's a really good question. I'm honestly not sure why they're together. I don't get the impression Tripp even likes her that much.

Comment

• Soap Operator
              Soap Operator commented
              Editing a comment
              I mean, after seeing Tripp ask Haley to fake-marry him, I just had to ask. I get that he’s helping a friend out but knowing how insecure Claire is, you’d think he’d understand how much that would hurt. Haley could’ve easily done it with JJ instead and it would have made a better case for her.

I’m sure he does have some feelings for Claire but I haven’t really seen it all that much.

• CallAboutTheCat
              CallAboutTheCat commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly. If he truly loved Claire, he wouldn't even think about marrying Haley, even if he wanted to help her out. It would be too important to him not to hurt Claire.

It's possible he does care about Claire but just doesn't realize how bone-headed it is to offer to marry someone else without even running it by Claire first. Tripp has not always been the sharpest knife in the drawer.
          • Cocoasneeze
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2017

He used to really like Claire, before Ciara. Then He fell for Ciara and lost interest in Claire. That old interest peeked up a little after and during Ciara, but he's just not that into her anymore. Claire is however really persistent and easy, and it feeds Tripp's ego. I think he's starting to sense that Claire really IS devious and so self centred, and imho is in a way using this situation with Hailey to push away Claire.

Comment

• Soap Operator
              Soap Operator commented
              Editing a comment
              That makes sense. I can see her being too persistant to just break up with lol. Thanks, I like seeing it this way better than assuming he’s being a jerk

• KJ_Contrarian
              KJ_Contrarian commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree with this. Tripp is a big-time player with a lot of notches on his belt. Entertaining character to watch, but he is a dog.

• Chabby lover
              Chabby lover commented
              Editing a comment
              Tripp is no player at all and he does not have a lot of notches on his belt at all. He is no dog. Tripp was with Ciara because he really liked her and he continued to like her and then he loved her he did nothing wrong. Claire kept throwing herself at him that was all. Then with Claire he does like her even if she is a manipulator he cares about her she is the only person he is with and wants to be with right now. Haley is just a friend. Tripp is no player he is a good guy who falls in love easy. Tripp can do better with everything Ciara put him through and she used him. Claire continues to manipulate him that is all.
          • Key
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2015

He's with her, for lack of better. What's a guy supposed to do, enter a monastery?

Comment

• Abby_fan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jun 2015

In my opinion, Tripp is with Claire because Ciara is with Ben Claire deserves better.

Comment

• Cocoasneeze
                Cocoasneeze commented
                Editing a comment
                But this is what and who she wanted. Tripp was with Ciara, when Claire decided she wanted him. They cheated on Ciara, and then Ciara and Tripp broke up, Claire chased Tripp down. She actually had to do all the work for them to get together. She dawned over a gift Tripp had actually bought Ciara but then they broke up, so he gave it to Claire. She's begging Tripp for scraps, so that's what he's giving her. She's getting exactly what she asks and deserves.

• Abby_fan
                Abby_fan commented
                Editing a comment
                The thread is about why is Tripp even with Claire. If he didn’t want a real relationship with Ciara, Tripp should have been that great man some pretend he is and told her no instead of going into a fake relationship with her that he actually did not want, my opinion.

Claire deserves a man who wants her not someone who doesn’t. Cocoasneeze
            • ChipJ
              Board Regular
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soap Operator View Post
              Maybe there’s something I’m not understanding about their relationship because I haven’t been watching for very long, but as far as I can tell he doesn’t even seem that interested in her.
              A better question is why was this story even written; it does not make Haley sympathetic, it makes Tripp dumb and subjects me more to Eve controlling Jack. Why would I want to that?

Comment

• CanaryFan98
                CanaryFan98 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep to all of this.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X