Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Stop Rewriting History.

Yesterday they stated that by the time Diana found out she was pregnant John was already back with Marlena. Assuming their final lovemaking session occurred the morning she left town in 1989 she would have found out in late 89 or early 90. Marlena didn't come home until 91. They are forgetting about Isabella. Geez, was Brady born by test tube or something? This is even weirder seeing has how Isabella was Mentioned by Diana to Victor.

Maybe they are assuming viewers are like me (with my horrible memory) or that they just started watching and have no idea about the backstory. Either way, it must Ben frustrating for long time viewers or people who are really good with recalling details and facts.

Comment

• magoo1000
      magoo1000 commented
      Editing a comment
      My memory sucks too. I just remember the generalities.

• Ejanna
      Ejanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes it’s a blessing like with this soap, lol.

In real life, I need to start playing some of those brain game apps.

Yep some of us actually have watched the show for decades....

I'm glad GF never returned to Days if this is what Diana was reduced to.

Plus everytime I see JC I wish she was Angelica because at least that character would be more useful now than Diana would.

She would get in Eve's face for keeping Jack from his kids, torment Justin/Adrienne also.

Comment

• Ejanna
      Ejanna commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve watched since around 1995ish but with varying degrees of commitment. I just have a god awful memory and an attitude of let’s just go with the flow on these storylines. I assume people who watch avidly every day and recall every detail most go bonkers at these writing lapses.

It's a soap. You can't take this stuff too seriously. There have been far greater inaccuracies in the show over the years.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
      CanaryFan98 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is true look at the SORASing. EJ is older than Will and Abby who we saw both born on the show years before EJ.

Wouldn't it be funny if instead of Kristen that Shelly said that the one who tried to kill Marlena...was...Angelica.

Comment

• CherryPoppins
      CherryPoppins commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! I wish they had her say that instead. It would have been hilarious.

Wouldn't it be great if the show knew it's own history. Diana could have said by the time I found out, you were already with Isabella. It would have been a nice reminder of John's actual past.
    Last edited by Cat women; March 15th, 2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Minnesotalover
      Minnesotalover commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at the history and he was with Marlena not Isabella so I’m confused

• Cat women
      Cat women commented
      Editing a comment
      Isabella's in there somewhere. Marlena was presumed dead in an airplane crash with Orpheus. He dated Diana, Diana left town. He dated Isabella, they had Brady. Marlena returned from the dead, Isabella died.

• Ella Munroe
      Ella Munroe commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. After Diana left in 1989, Roman/John and Isabella got close during the Cruise of Deception storyline. Marlena wasn't in the picture at that time.

Can you imagine if Shelly had said it was the 2nd version Angelica Deveraux who tried to kill Marlena? Everyone would have been confused said yeah she could have said yep she changed her face 4 times in 30 years!
    Last edited by Skins 2008; March 15th, 2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat women View Post
      Wouldn't it be great if the show knew it's own history. Diana could have said by the time I found out, you were already with Isabella. It would have been a nice reminder of John's actual past.
      That wouldn't be accurate either. She would have been pretty close to giving birth by the time he was with Isabella. Damn straight more accurate than saying he was back with Marlena.

Rewriting history is a Days specialty, Actually, all soaps, but Days is among the most common offenders.

Comment

• Cat women
        Cat women commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, history is rewritten all the time, and sometimes it's a good idea. This seems unnecessary, they kinda erased Brady for no reason. It would have been a nice touch to mention Isabella.

Originally posted by longtimewatcher View Post

That wouldn't be accurate either. She would have been pretty close to giving birth by the time he was with Isabella. Damn straight more accurate than saying he was back with Marlena.

Rewriting history is a Days specialty, Actually, all soaps, but Days is among the most common offenders.
      You are corect, John and Isabella probably just started dating around the time Diana gave birth to the baby.

Comment

I don't think the writers knows far back because it's the different writers today than yesterday. It would have been good for them to look back on history.

Comment

• LisaBowman
          LisaBowman commented
          Editing a comment
          The new writer Carlivati admitted he never watched Days until he was hired. He then watched a lot of old shows and presumably read up on the family trees and storylines, but it's understandable that there would be gaps. This is where a script consultant who watched it back in the 80s would have been able to edit the mistakes.

Originally posted by nbcsoaps View Post
        It's a soap. You can't take this stuff too seriously. There have been far greater inaccuracies in the show over the years.
        Aging children is one of the big bluffs. I never assume their dates are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffjaco1175 View Post
          Yesterday they stated that by the time Diana found out she was pregnant John was already back with Marlena. Assuming their final lovemaking session occurred the morning she left town in 1989 she would have found out in late 89 or early 90. Marlena didn't come home until 91. They are forgetting about Isabella. Geez, was Brady born by test tube or something? This is even weirder seeing has how Isabella was Mentioned by Diana to Victor.
          Sorasing is the reason they had to do it this way

Comment

It's funny because Leo is actually Brady's big brother if all this is true.

Comment

• RickySpanish
              RickySpanish commented
              Editing a comment
              lol.... Well older brother... Big brother not so much...

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
            I don't think the writers knows far back because it's the different writers today than yesterday. It would have been good for them to look back on history.
            Ron knows the history, or a lot of it. You can tell by things Diana has mentioned. In passing, to Victor, that he stole her inheritance and his reply that she stole it back. That was maybe a month or 2 long storyarc in 1988. That Diana shot John and it was why she left Salem. When she first saw John she called him Roman. She has referenced things that show some study of the character's history was done.

I think he knows the history of the character. How effectively he has chosen to implement it is another matter. Not very well, IMO.

Comment

I agree OP, for fans who actually saw the real Diana Colville this is the most annoying aspect of the story. It would have made much more sense to just dig up Judith Chapman as an old girlfriend of the Stefano Pawn and then cause this mayhem.

In theory, a Deidre Hall vs. Genie Francis heavyweight bout for John's affections would have made for some great TV viewing. Has GF ever even played a villain? Might have been interesting.

However, yeah, without GF in the role they should have left Diana Colville off the canvas.
              Last edited by KJ_Contrarian; March 15th, 2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Chris
                Chris commented
                Editing a comment
                Genie played Genevieve on Y&R for a while. She was not a nice lady.

• Minnesotalover
                Minnesotalover commented
                Editing a comment
                Posters have said genie Francis last as Diana wa Diana with an evil smirk so this kinda works

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X