Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate and Abigail scene

Wow. They nailed it. Lauren and Kate (the actresses) don't get as much credit as they deserve. I really felt their scenes today. The tension between them could be cut with a knife and yet... their bond in the moment was undeniable. BRAVO. I love it when good actors pull out the best from each other and lay it all out on the table.

I agree. Those were some real powerful and emotional scenes.

Comment

Agree! Often their scenes were just subtle snides but today both exposed hurt and pain that they actually had in common....unexpected as both actresses really nailed the scenes. And Abby did it while making clear t hat though no forgiveness, she can still recognize others pain.

Comment

• pippimommy
        pippimommy commented
        Editing a comment
        You are spot on in what you said about Abigail being empathetic, but not forgiving. It's such an important part of her character.... compassionate yet fierce.

• canislupwnus
        canislupwnus commented
        Editing a comment
        She doesn't have compassion or empathy. She sent an innocent person to prison, and all she can think about is how her victim's revenge affected her. She did not once think about the fact that she destroyed another person's life.

• JMatthews
        JMatthews commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, do you ever notice that you spit out your false nonsense constantly but no one cares?!!! LOL!!

Abby, I feel may have been pushed by few characters, but she should realize that Kate is there for her and wants to make it right. And Abby should see, that she is in the same category as Ben. Abby can be human at times. I wished she would have helped Gabi, because that is her friend and she was hurting.

Comment

• pippimommy
        pippimommy commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. I think the whole Gabi vs Abby thing really was a travesty for both characters. More should have been done to salvage that relationship.

Kudos to the actresses for showing us that bond over losing children...

HOWEVER... I could've taken it more seriously if the day before Kate was not telling Chad that she wants him with Abby because he loves Abby so much, but will always think she isn't really good enough for Chad.

Comment

• canislupwnus
        canislupwnus commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe Kate wouldn't have said Abby's not good enough for Chad if Abby didn't cheat on him?

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
      Abby, I feel may have been pushed by few characters, but she should realize that Kate is there for her and wants to make it right. And Abby should see, that she is in the same category as Ben. Abby can be human at times. I wished she would have helped Gabi, because that is her friend and she was hurting.
      Abby is not in the same category as Ben bc even though they both suffer from mental illness in Ben’s case he was still aware and in control over his actions that led him to murder several people. Abby’s illness prevented from being aware or in control of her actions and that is the primary difference.

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        But Abby is! Abby was sick like Ben. Both should be taking their medications. I only see Ben taking his! What about Abby?

• canislupwnus
        canislupwnus commented
        Editing a comment
        If Ben had control over his actions, he wouldn't have gone to the loony bin for a few years. He would've gotten the chair.

It was a great scene, but I doubt Kate's sincerity. She wants back into Chad's life, and what better way to achieve it than to get on Abby's good side. So she played her Curtis Reed/I know what you're going through card, phony tears and all. Kate is a snake and is not above using that terrible period in her life to play on Abby's sympathy so that Abby will feel that she's being sincere. I don't trust Kate for a second. JMHO.

Comment

• lovelydtc
        lovelydtc commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent post; Kate is all about Kate. She wants in with Chad and that was her whole game plan with showing up with comforting words for Abby. The actresses did a fantastic job but I will never buy Kate's BS especially how she trash Abby to Chad so many times.

• Nancy T
        Nancy T commented
        Editing a comment
        And Kate was quite happy to help Gabi in her revenge plot.

Ben is taking meds bc if he does not he will start hallucinating and not function and may pose a threat to society. Abby does not take meds bc she doesn’t have to. She functions perfectly normal without meds and poses no danger without them. Like I said before their illnesses are completely different for the reasons I mentioned.

Comment

• canislupwnus
        canislupwnus commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, she poses no danger except to the people she's kidnapping or framing for murder.

btw, she's assaulted numerous people and tried to rape her teacher while sane.

While both actresses are both tops in their game, I just can't buy Kate's attempt at offering her concern. It was only weeks ago, she was actively keeping Charlotte from Chad, and now we're supposed to buy that she cares so much now? Nope! She's desperate to get back in Chad's good graces, so she knows that she has to go through Abby to do that. Her concern is fake!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie18 View Post
        Ben is taking meds bc if he does not he will start hallucinating and not function and may pose a threat to society. Abby does not take meds bc she doesn’t have to. She functions perfectly normal without meds and poses no danger without them. Like I said before their illnesses are completely different for the reasons I mentioned.
        Ben in all fair can be a threat to society, if Days played with realism. But since its Days, its also a soap like that he is out free and taking his meds.
        Same with Abby, that she is a threat to society and she should not be running around free either. But its soap and she is running around free. Abby should be too, taking her meds, which I never saw.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X