Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Jordan/Ben Theory

I marked this as a spoiler just in case that anything I say may be played out onscreen.

I have been thinking about a possible explanation for the current behavior of Jordan and the past behavior of Ben. In doing so, I started with what was played out onscreen.

1. Jordan had several aliases....and Ben had some too
    2. Jordan took Ben on the run with her to escape from Clyde.
    3. Jordan pretty much raised Ben
    4. Clyde is Ben's biological father....but not Jordan's
    5. Clyde holds Jordan responsible for her mother's death
    6. On at least one occasion, Clyde had sex with his step-daughter Jordan

Things I am not sure of (if anyone knows the answers please correct me)....

1. How much older than Ben is Jordan supposed to be?
    2. Did Clyde molest Jordan more than once?
    3. Was it proven that Ben and Jordan had the same mother?
    4. Is it possible that Clyde killed his wife instead of Jordan?

I'm going to go ahead and throw a theory out there. It may not be possible if I'm missing important info to the back story. Here goes.....

Clyde molested Jordan in her teens. Jordan became pregnant. Jordan's mother discovered this, and Clyde killed her. Due to Clyde's abuse, Jordan had her first mental break. Clyde manipulated Jordan into thinking that she was responsible for her mother's death. The death was ruled accidental.

Jordan discovered that she was pregnant with twins. She gave birth to two boys. Due to their poor financial state at the time, Clyde only allowed Jordan to keep one baby. The other baby was sent to an orphanage. They both endured abuse at the hands of Clyde. When she was able, Jordan took her son and left town. He is now known as Ben.

Throughout the years (and unbeknownst to anyone else) Clyde kept in contact with the child that was placed for adoption. At the same time, Jordan sought professional help and became mentally stable. She completed high school and college and became a physical therapist. Also, back in Poplar Bluff, Clyde was furious with Jordan for taking his son away and was planning revenge.

Jordan and Ben come to Salem. Kate tracks Clyde down and brings him to Salem. With Clyde, comes a secret (not shown onscreen).....the other son. After spending years brainwashing the boy, and blaming Jordan for turning Ben against his father, Clyde unleashed his plan. To hurt Jordan, and get revenge against her and Ben, he set up the other son to impersonate Ben and become the necktie killer.

Clyde (like a Stefano kind of thing) implanted the memories of the murders into Ben's mind. Ben believes that he is the murderer....as does everyone else. Ben's twin is in hiding. Off screen, Jordan hears that "Ben" is a serial killer. She snaps and is committed to Bayview. After a while, she realizes that the child that she raised could not possibly be a killer....and starts to put two and two together. She is released. She then puts a plan into motion to get the "bad son" locked up for life.

This could explain Jordan's current behavior. It could explain how a serial killer can be redeemed. Who knows? Maybe some of this can be played out. Just a theory....

Somebody said that Jordan had a car accident. Probably maybe the reason why she may have went nutso. I don't know if it's true....I do agree that she was abused and raped by Clyde for her to do these things. I just hope she gets the help she needs and leaves Salem for good.

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
      Somebody said that Jordan had a car accident. Probably maybe the reason why she may have went nutso. I don't know if it's true....I do agree that she was abused and raped by Clyde for her to do these things. I just hope she gets the help she needs and leaves Salem for good.
      Ok....thanks Tiff. I'm just throwing things out there wondering where this whole storyline is going. It's just strange to see Jordan this way after seeing her so calm and together the last time she was on.....or so it seemed. Maybe that was the smoking gun all along. She was too calm.
      Last edited by jlrd2000; February 11th, 2019, 03:42 AM.

Comment

I love every single word of this theory. I wanted a twin story, and this is not the first time I've seen it suggested that Jordan was Ben's mother.

Comment

Originally posted by jlrd2000 View Post
          I marked this as a spoiler just in case that anything I say may be played out onscreen.

I have been thinking about a possible explanation for the current behavior of Jordan and the past behavior of Ben. In doing so, I started with what was played out onscreen.

I'm going to go ahead and throw a theory out there. It may not be possible if I'm missing important info to the back story. Here goes.....

Clyde molested Jordan in her teens. Jordan became pregnant. Jordan's mother discovered this, and Clyde killed her. Due to Clyde's abuse, Jordan had her first mental break. Clyde manipulated Jordan into thinking that she was responsible for her mother's death. The death was ruled accidental.

Jordan discovered that she was pregnant with twins. She gave birth to two boys. Due to their poor financial state at the time, Clyde only allowed Jordan to keep one baby. The other baby was sent to an orphanage. They both endured abuse at the hands of Clyde. When she was able, Jordan took her son and left town. He is now known as Ben.

Throughout the years (and unbeknownst to anyone else) Clyde kept in contact with the child that was placed for adoption. At the same time, Jordan sought professional help and became mentally stable. She completed high school and college and became a physical therapist. Also, back in Poplar Bluff, Clyde was furious with Jordan for taking his son away and was planning revenge.

Jordan and Ben come to Salem. Kate tracks Clyde down and brings him to Salem. With Clyde, comes a secret (not shown onscreen).....the other son. After spending years brainwashing the boy, and blaming Jordan for turning Ben against his father, Clyde unleashed his plan. To hurt Jordan, and get revenge against her and Ben, he set up the other son to impersonate Ben and become the necktie killer.

Clyde (like a Stefano kind of thing) implanted the memories of the murders into Ben's mind. Ben believes that he is the murderer....as does everyone else. Ben's twin is in hiding. Off screen, Jordan hears that "Ben" is a serial killer. She snaps and is committed to Bayview. After a while, she realizes that the child that she raised could not possibly be a killer....and starts to put two and two together. She is released. She then puts a plan into motion to get the "bad son" locked up for life.

This could explain Jordan's current behavior. It could explain how a serial killer can be redeemed. Who knows? Maybe some of this can be played out. Just a theory....

Too bad you are not writing this story. Unfortunately it would take too long to tell this right and Chrishnell is only on for 3 months. This is the kind of in depth story I prefer.

Comment

It's good and sounds very interesting but Jordan only looks to be 6 or 7 years older then Ben so it wouldn't work and I don't see Clyde doing Stefano type things like brainwashing..

Comment

I don't believe these writer's had that idea in mind. You giving them too much credit. These writer's are more spur of the moment type writer's. It's February sweeps and they needed a villain so they used Jordan. I think that's the main reason she's doing this to Ben.

Comment

• dee2
                dee2 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's easy to believe that these writers are not in depth in any way.

• Minnesotalover
                Minnesotalover commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope Jordan being crazy makes perfect sense given what she’s been through a lot of viewers including myself didn’t trust her goody two shoes act when she was on last time Becuase as any psychiatrist will tell you nobody can be totally okay after all of that and some people are good at hiding it.

Have no idea how this will play out - I tune in some but don't watch much (I'm NOT investing in a sl where Ciara ends up with some "redeemed" serial killer - I don't believe SK's "redeem" and just won't support something that sick - in spite of "hotness")! I WILL invest in her/them IF they prove somehow (ANY way is fine with me) that Ben wasn't responsible for those murders of the innocent & was set-up! THAT would be worthy of my time & quality, positive entertainment!.

I recognize Ciara & Ben's chemistry but serial killing is such a distraction I can't enjoy watching them! This "us against the world" & bashing of Hope to prop him (her the villain & Ben the martyred victim) just doesn't cut it with me as long as he serial killed! I'd appreciate a heartwarming sl where Ciara believes in him so much & we find out this is why - HE wasn't the responsible one for those killings altho even HE believed he was! There're MANY other flaws/warts Ben could have with his unstable, abusive upbringing that he works thru with Ciara's love & support - it doesn't HAVE to that of a serial killer. JMHO!

Comment

• Minnesotalover
                Minnesotalover commented
                Editing a comment
                No one is Bashing hope to prop Ben Hope is acting exactly how Hope would react

This is a soap not real life you are taking it way to seriously

The twins don’t have to be Jordan’s. They can be her brothers separated at birth. Jordan did not know about the other, but Clyde did. When Ben would not follow Clyde’s criminal footsteps, Clyde groomed the other one to impersonate Ben and become the Necktie Killer. The real Ben’s sickness can be mental blackouts induced by Clyde so the fake Ben can do the murders.

Comment

• Elle23276
                Elle23276 commented
                Editing a comment
                I really like this too. I love the twin narrative, but I've always hypothesized that the Dimeras were somehow involved.

• Minnesotalover
                Minnesotalover commented
                Editing a comment
                Beth it’s not real life though so why does it matter if Ben is a serial killer or not this is what soaps are all
                About

• patrick4days
                patrick4days commented
                Editing a comment
                Minnesotalover, so are you saying that soaps are dumb shows?

I've stated before, and will again, that I believe Clyde committed those murders, not Ben. I think that is RC's plan all along; to redeem Ben Weston in a more believable way. Whether it is a twin, not by Jordan but by the deceased Mom, or Clyde himself, either way it will be Clyde who was the 'mastermind' so to speak that created the necktie killer. Ben will always need his meds, and that is something that will need to concern Ciara, but otherwise, this will be Ben's redemption in the eyes of the law and of everyone in Salem. Hope? She will need to eat some major crow and she is a way proud woman. So, not sure how that will play out. Julie will probably give Hope more than her two cents into this. Okay, not to get too off the beaten track...I like your thought process and the fact you are looking beyond the pale in relation to other posters. Unfortunately, I was not watching Days at the time (I've been an on again/off again watcher since a toddler), so I do not know what I need to know about Clyde when he was on the show. Otherwise, I think I would have offered a s/l of my own by now. Again, thanks for your thoughts. Please keep sharing!

Comment

• Minnesotalover
                Minnesotalover commented
                Editing a comment
                Dee Ben In no way is being propped

• journmsu
                journmsu commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm thinking a re-read of what I wrote is in order. Hope will need to eat crow once it has been proven Ben did not commit murder. Right now she is an upset mother and I can't blame her. However, I'm in hopes she will be dignified about it once his name has been cleared but I have no idea what the writers will come up with. I'm done with this topic.

• dee2
                dee2 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks is all Ben needs from Hope. Ciara wouldn't have been kidnapped by his sister if Ciara had never gotten involved with Ben.
                It's just more propping of Ben.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X