Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abigail-style

Anyone else notice the style shift of Abby since Kate Mansi took back over the role of Abigail. Marci Miller’’s Abigail favored long floral, modest dresses, while Kate Mansi as Abigail dresses more hip and more trendy sporting leather jackets (at times) and just a completely different style look. Not complaining- just an observation.

Yeah it is similar to the way Marci began to dress after Ron took over. Once Ron took the helm, the Abigail character started to dress much better. The only outfit I didn't like on Abby was that yellow outfit she wore to the family dinner

Comment

One of the things I didn't llike about MM's Abigail was she wore completely different wardrobe than KM. KM wore lots of whites and grays, sweaters, she looked comfortable but not sloppy, maybe a little bit "slouchy", but it was her look. Then MM wore her hair even different, colors and flowers and dresses, and her hair wasn't. I mean, I guess KM's hair looks like she doesn't wash it as much, doesn't spend time styling it into some 1930s looking hairstyle. I had forgotten she was brunette by the time she left, so it was weird when she took back over the role and everyone acts like she didn't look even a little different. I'm not a huge fan of the Abigail character per se, but Mansi is best at the role - I mean, the DID featured Miller's range, but Mansi has range in a single character. Miller sort of filled in a look, and I guess she played the character, and let's just chalk up these differences to - she came back from faking her death and attempted to be more polished and girly, then she had DID, and wore some different looks as Gabby and Dr. Laura, and then Mansi came back and was more herself, a little more raw in style, a little more cut-the-nonsense and trying to take back control that was taken from her. I did not like that Abby seemed like an entirely different person down to her taste in clothing when Miller took over the role. She never seemed like Abby to me.

Comment

• perky7kc
        perky7kc commented
        Editing a comment
        That was also what I didn't like about MM too, for me she dressed so dowdy. Abby, KM's version, was always right in style and looked her age, MM looked so old AND next to Gabi's great clothes looked so much older.

Oh gawd the flea market finds that Marci wore were just awful. I thought the wardrobe people hated her until I read they were her own clothes!

Comment

• Break-at-One
        Break-at-One commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't hate her clothes, but she seemed to want to be so fancy as Abby, when the KM Abby was casual and neutral. Abby didn't have a floral, vintage look before, so I don't know why that changed with another actress in the role. Aren't people in charge of continuity and such? They might want to shift the character to a more fancy aesthetic, especially after a break, a weird break in which she had faked her death, but it wasn't something I could get used to. Abby didn't used to wear much color at all. No patterns... I mean, that suit she wore to try to seduce EJ in the board room was plaid or check or something, and pretty fitted, but still in her gray tones. It might have been the uptightest KM dressed in the role, compared to MM dressing so uptight every day, although not businessy, but uptight flowery. Isn't the first feature of the MM Abigail's wardrobe, as she eased into returning from the fake dead, a giant brimmed straw hat? That's not KM Abby style at all.

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post
      Yeah it is similar to the way Marci began to dress after Ron took over. Once Ron took the helm, the Abigail character started to dress much better. The only outfit I didn't like on Abby was that yellow outfit she wore to the family dinner
      Probably Julie styled her in that, lol. I say both dress style look are different among the ladies.

Comment

I love Abby but sometimes I have to ask who the heck dresses her. KM sometimes dresses nice but most of the time she is wearing non flattering clothes.
        MM’s outfits I felt were hit or miss. but in general I think the wardrobe department can do a better job dressing leading lady Abby.

Comment

I luv KM's style? She is relaxed and real.

Comment

Yeah, while I completely adored Marci in the role, I didn't get the difference in wardrobe styles, for the character, just because the actress changed. I think Kate cemented Abby as wearing edgy, trendy styles, and then Marci came on and it was Abby in one sweet floral dress after another. It seemed strange to deviate in styles just cause the actress changed. Marci wore a few trendy dresses, always looked beautiful, but for the most part it was completely different than how we remembered Abigail dressing.

Comment

You know I didn't notice that until now. I've noticed they have had Abby in some weird stuff lately but ya MM dressed allot differently. Now I think its the wardrobe switch and that they switched actors during the DID story is why now I'm not really putting KM Abby and MM Abby together. So the whole Gabigail, Dr. Laura etc to me weren't Abby. Maybe that's why I enjoyed that story so much because it wasn't happening to our Abby. If that even makes sense...

Comment

KM's Abby is trendy but hit and miss. I feel it fits the character, a young woman who's spent a lot fo time in Europe. MM's Abby dressed like an extra from Little House on the Prairie, I didn't like it or understand it from a character standpoint. Why was Abby suddenly so frumpy?

A lot of the characters' clothes are baffling, so it wasn't just a MM's Abby thing.

Comment

I have nothing against that Gunne Sax prairie stuff, but I had much aversion to MM's Abby. To the contrary, I never did appreciate KM's fashions, which especially now seem too youthful for Abby, but Mansi always appeared to be comfortable and natural in them, and her talented performance made the clothing irrelevant anyway.
                  Although the other day I noticed her hair, which looked like it had been cut by a little child. Probably wouldn't have noticed it, but for the faulty script. (Is the baby missing, or her car keys? She was that understated.)

Comment

They allow too much actor input in wardrobe. MM's style is not my taste at all. I love KM's style for the most part. The gold dress she wore to the family dinner was ugly though and unflattering.

Comment

Am I the only one who feels that Kate Mansi's clothes are usually ugly??! There have been some doozies since she came back! Maybe I am not stylish!

Comment

• Elle23276
                        Elle23276 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've noticed too. Her hair, too. I was looking at some pics of Abigail a couple of days ago. From 2015. She was sleek, chic, stylish, absolutely gorgeous. I could not believe that yellow satin travesty she wore to dinner with Jack et al. Oh well.

• tiff5555
                        tiff5555 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ^ Julie styled her in that The way that Julie was smiling at her, she said, "You look great! That's right, I picked it from my wardrobe! Much better than trashy GabiChic huh? My wardrobe is much classy! Even Doug gets riled up when he sees me in my dress"

I did not mind the cloths that MM version of abby wore. They suited her and often were a bit classic (the viewers on here probably hate what Englands royalty wears). KM version was always a bit funky and that too suited her perfectly. She has not had much of that style since she has been back on screen because mostly her life has been in shambles and not much chance for dressing up. As for the yellow outfit, not my taste but the color was beautiful on her.

Comment

I like KM's style as Abby, especially that red polka dot wrap around blouse she wore for the Charlotte reveal. Abby is the mother of a preschooler and infant so she has dressed mainly casual but stylish. And I think her natural dark hair suits her colouring and makes her eye colour stand out.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X