• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasagna
    Board Regular
    • Mar 2017

Eve bringing up immigration

I know Eve was talking about the "drug lords" being illegal immigrants. But I can't help wonder if Eve knows Melinda's secret and is baiting her. Also, does anyone think that Melinda herself is in the USA illegally in addition to Hailey?
  • CanaryFan98
    Executive Poster
    • Oct 2009

Its rather ironic considering she had a kid with Eduardo ....

That being said if Melinda is illegal this lame secret may have some juice after all..

Comment

• icyblue2034
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by CanaryFan98 View Post

That being said if Melinda is illegal this lame secret may have some juice after all..
      Disagree. If Melinda is illegal, this just gets worse than it already is.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
        Executive Poster
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post

Disagree. If Melinda is illegal, this just gets worse than it already is.
        Well I agree this storyline is terrible for a variety of reasons but I can at least see why this secret would bother Melinda most of all than anything else.

Comment

• Bermudabeachbum
          Day Player
          • Aug 2005

Why is it rather ironic? Eve's child was an American citizen, she wasn't an illegal immigrant.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            Executive Poster
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bermudabeachbum View Post
            Why is it rather ironic? Eve's child was an American citizen, she wasn't an illegal immigrant.
            Its ironic because of Eduardo and there was Dario who had immigration issues not so long ago and Abby married him to keep him from being deported.

Comment

• Silentfan
              Silentfan commented
              Editing a comment
              He lied about that to get with Abigail.
          • PennyB
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Oct 2006

Every time I look at Eve I just wonder why she gets involved in so many other issues when the murderer of her only child lives nearby.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
              CanaryFan98 commented
              Editing a comment
              You would think right? Then again this show is trying its darndest to have us forget that fact.

• Skins 2008
              Skins 2008 commented
              Editing a comment
              Because there is a chance the real serial killer is holding Ciara hostage and just kidnapped Charlotte.
          • Bermudabeachbum
            Day Player
            • Aug 2005

Its ironic because of Eduardo and there was Dario who had immigration issues not so long ago and Abby married him to keep him from being deported.
            Still don't see it. Even if Eduardo was born outside of the United States, one would assume he was legal while married to Eve and again has nothing to do with Paige as she would be a US citizen no matter who her father is. And the Dario situation has nothing to do with her at all.

Comment

• lsm
              Board Regular
              • Nov 2015

I assumed that I missed the part where Jack told Eve about Hailey's immigration status, since it certainly seemed that Eve was aware.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Break-at-One
                Senior Board Member
                • May 2014

Hello, what about her sister Theresa. I didn't see what Eve said to Melinda for context, but Theresa was forcibly coerced to leave her husband and child to be the sex slave of a drug lord.* I don't know if Eve knows anything about Melinda.

*The Days character bios are outdated, so according to Theresa (listed as Jeannie) and Chloe's and Brady's bios, it stops well short of that period of time in the stories, around when Kristen fell out the window. I don't remember exactly what kind of thug held Theresa against her will, and enticed Chloe for a singing job that wasn't real, but that gives Eve something to say that may or may not have anything to do with anyone else.

Comment

• icyblue2034
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by lsm View Post
                  I assumed that I missed the part where Jack told Eve about Hailey's immigration status, since it certainly seemed that Eve was aware.
                  ​​​​​​
                  It was plot writing. It's the kind that ignores natural character interaction in favor of driving a plot, typically a bad one. The reason for it typically being bad plots is because those are the ones that have to be forced, as this one is. It is inorganic to have Eve suddenly bring up immigration, but the writers needed a way to force the issue into the discussion when realistically only Melinda would be thinking about it and she'd never say anything. So here we are, with a conversation that totally killed immersion because it was out of place. It feels like you missed something, but sadly it was intentional. Eve doesn't know anything yet.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X