• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skins 2008
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2008

How old Is Ciara supposed to be?

Is she over 18 years old?
    Last edited by Skins 2008; February 9, 2019, 09:10 PM.
  • soapjunkie1987
    Recurring Poster
    • Jun 2018

She's 21 as of last July.

Comment

• Skins 2008
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by soapjunkie1987 View Post
      She's 21 as of last July.
      Then Ciara is an adult and Hope needs to back off ASAP she can be furious but she is acting like Ciara is some kid who can't make her own decisions. ,

Comment

• lasagna
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2017

Hope needs to back off as far as who Ciara dates. But when she is missing, even if she was 30 years old her mother would worry!

Comment

• Skins 2008
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lasagna View Post
          Hope needs to back off as far as who Ciara dates. But when she is missing, even if she was 30 years old her mother would worry!
          Of course she should worry and panic about Ciara being missing or worse, but on who she dates she needs to let her make own decisions.
          Last edited by Skins 2008; February 9, 2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• kdw877
            Senior Board Member
            • Jan 2014

Hope went about this the wrong way. Instead of demanding her grown daughter not to see Ben, she should have really talked to her like an adult. Asked her questions to really make Ciara think. Like is she mature enough to handle Ben if he goes off his meds again? I mean Ben himself hasn't been too responsible, considering he missed his stuff, twice now. Also, Is she prepared to put herself in that situation again? Does she want to help to be responsible with someone who has a violent history, that includes murder and is she mature enough to date someone who has a mental illness and who will have the illness his whole life? I mean, at the end of the day, she is very young and these really are questions Ciara should ask herself, since she has seen first hand what Ben is capable of without his meds. If she feels she is, then she has a right to make that decision, but let's be real, no mom would approve and be worried, but Hope has went beyond protective. She has gone overboard with what she is doing.

Comment

• dee2
              dee2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope did have a good talk with Ciara, and very calmly, but nothing gets through.
              As to Hope dating Bo at such a young age, again, such totally different circumstances.
              Bo had not murdered innocent people, and tortured others. Different.

• Skins 2008
              Skins 2008 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope was 18 Doug still had a say in Hope could date, Ciara is 21 years old hope can have no say in who she dates she can worried be afraid but that's it.
          • littlehawk
            Day Player
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by kdw877 View Post
            Hope went about this the wrong way. Instead of demanding her grown daughter not to see Ben, she should have really talked to her like an adult. Asked her questions to really make Ciara think. Like is she mature enough to handle Ben if he goes off his meds again? I mean Ben himself hasn't been too responsible, considering he missed his stuff, twice now. Also, Is she prepared to put herself in that situation again? Does she want to help to be responsible with someone who has a violent history, that includes murder and is she mature enough to date someone who has a mental illness and who will have the illness his whole life? I mean, at the end of the day, she is very young and these really are questions Ciara should ask herself, since she has seen first hand what Ben is capable of without his meds. If she feels she is, then she has a right to make that decision, but let's be real, no mom would approve and be worried, but Hope has went beyond protective. She has gone overboard with what she is doing.
            I love everything you have just written because it is true. This is more than loving Ben, Ciara needs to be prepared to take his mental illness as part of her life too. There is also the thought of possibly the mental illness Ben having passing to their children should they have children.

Comment

• kdw877
              kdw877 commented
              Editing a comment
              Completely agreed, esp the last part.

• soapjunkie1987
              soapjunkie1987 commented
              Editing a comment
              There's also the history from Ciara's family.

• dee2
              dee2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably Hope is the only one who thinks about Ben's illness being passed down. Ciara doesn't think about much.
          • UncleHourglass
            Recurring Poster
            • Jun 2017

pretty sure at this point she's fenty-tor years old...just like everyone else on soaps.

Comment

• ParisToday
              Board Regular
              • Jan 2013

Hope should remember her own history. She and Bo married when Hope was 21. Ciara can vote, legally drink etc etc.

Comment

• lovelydtc
                lovelydtc commented
                Editing a comment
                Bo was not a serial killer and just because Hope married young does not mean she should be OK with her child being with someone like Ben. Ben is no Bo.
            • tiff5555
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

21 years old I think.

Comment

• LizWebberFan
                Executive Poster
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by kdw877 View Post
                Great post. I agree. I think that would have made much better scenes and character moments than what we have been seeing in regards to Hope and Ciara. It also would have made much more sense.

Comment

• kdw877
                  kdw877 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I honestly think that too. Instead of jumping in feet first and throwing demands around, she really should have sat her daughter down and really talked to her, like an adult, not an over protective, demanding mother. I think that is where Hope has messed up.
              • Break-at-One
                Senior Board Member
                • May 2014

I think this is absurd. Ben is a convicted serial murder. Her daughter can date who she wants with no input from her mother? Let's give another scenario - Ben is again a serial murderer. The audience knows this, but Ciara and Hope do not know. Do you say Hope shouldn't step into this relationship, because let Ciara make her own decisions, even if you, the audience, knows it's a terrible decision?

Comment

• Skins 2008
                  Skins 2008 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As of this moment, yes he is convicted serial killer that could change though,I'm just saying Ciara is 21 years old Hope should not be telling her who she can date or not she isn't a teenager.She is a grown woman who knows what she is getting into by dating Ben. Hope can be worried and scared but not harass Ben unless she has proof he has committed a crime lately.

• Elle23276
                  Elle23276 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, Skins. Ciara's an adult, and qualified to make her own decisions. Hope needs to clean her own closet before sticking her nose into other's affairs. The second scenario doesn't exist, so I have no opinion regarding it.
              • lovelydtc
                Board Regular
                • Aug 2018

Ciara could be 1001 and any mother in their right mind would do all they could to keep their child away from a serial killer who murdered INNOCENT WOMEN because he got cheated on. Ciara being legally able to make her own decisions does not mean she is making smart ones; the girl acts like a flake who seems to fall in love with a drop of a hat. In the last year she has been in love with Theo, Tripp and now Ben. This "great" love she has for Ben should not mean she forget her senses and risk her life with a man who has shown her when he miss taking his pills he becomes violent and abusive. In fact, even on the pills he is still violent; choking out men for cash. Hope would be an idiot to NOT try to help her child but hey, a dumb child will always do what they want until it bites them in the ass.

Comment

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope tries, but Ciara will stay clueless about everything except how mesmerized she is by Ben.
              • Bluediamond
                Senior Board Member
                • Dec 2017

I just think Hope has to be scared to death. She acts like she is. Her son was killed by someone she trusted. Of course it was an accident but the fear of losing another child has to be heavy on her heart. It doesnt make her feel any better that Ciara is 21. She knew Ben for months when he was with Abby. He seemed normal then too.

Comment

• Skins 2008
                  Skins 2008 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes Hope should be afraid i'm just saying she can't tell or make Ciara date someone she doesn't approve of, Doug could back then because she was just 18 years old.
              • Break-at-One
                Senior Board Member
                • May 2014

I missed Friday, and maybe Thursday, but I found JJ kind of interesting today when he was explaining who Ben was to Haley. Here, we have Hope singularly hysterical over her adult daughter's choice of boyfriend, but nobody else cares, except when it affects (or seems to) Abigail. What Ben apparently stole her newborn daughter, oh my, then JJ suddenly remembers Paige. I think Abby had a conversation with Ciara a long while ago when Ciara told her she was interested in Ben, but I would think Jennifer and Julie and JJ and Will, Eric, Brady, Roman... Ciara has a big family still present on the show, and none of them cared that Ben was dating her before she disappeared.

Yes, on the one hand, she is an adult, but I watch enough Dateline (not a ton, but enough) to know that adults have bad relationships that turn into murder, and people in their circle saw these red flags. Ben doesn't have a mere red flag, he murdered 3 people in that group or in a relationship with someone in that group besides terrorizing Abby and Chad.

I am not interested in redeeming Ben, I don't know how they would rewrite it so he's as intense and violent as he is, but he wouldn't harm Ciara. I can't figure out how they would erase his motive of jealousy and wanting to frame Chad for the murders, or setting the bed on fire and kidnapping Thomas. How was he framed for a set of murders that was supposed to frame someone else so Abby would come back to him, tell me. Anyway, Ciara doesn't seem to have anyone concerned about her at all in her family, except for Hope. Ben is going to rescue her from Jordan, and everyone will have to take a seat?

Comment

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No one except Hope being concerned about Ben is just one of many things that make his entire
                  s/l ridiculous.

• Elle23276
                  Elle23276 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I could have sworn Grandma/Aunty Julie made a special trip to Ciara's bedroom to warn her granddaughter/niece about big bad Ben on Dec 10th. And didn't her Aunt Kayla issue a stern warning at the bar on December 3rd? And Uncle Roman...didn't he discuss Ben with his niece on November 29th? Rafe has issued many a soliloquy of denunciation about Ben to his whatever she is, one complete with assault on November 28th. Her brother warned her too, I believe, before he left town, around the time Ben was arrested....September 17th. I think the actions of all these relatives could be construed as concern.
                  Last edited by Elle23276; February 12, 2019, 12:29 AM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X