• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chabby lover
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2018

SPOILER! Casting Spoiler

Griffin Kunitz (Johnny DiMera) is back. They have just casted Griffin to play Johnny DiMera again. At least he is not coming back aged up like they sometimes do.

• rkm137
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2009

Okay.... I liked Griffin (and his brother) in the role of Johnny and Johnny generally. But who/what is coming back for? No one he's related to and knows other than Will is even in town. Isn't Stefan also leaving (I thought I saw that published, but I could be wrong)? Will Johnny be the only DiMera in town? What would a 13 year old Johnny even do in Salem? He's clearly not going to be running DE. And where will he be staying? I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just confused as to the timing.
    Last edited by rkm137; February 8, 2019, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• SamiBradyFan
      SamiBradyFan commented
      Editing a comment
      He can live with either Will or his grandma Marlena.
  • Skins 2008
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2008

This is very interesting could this mean the return of Sami Brady in the near future?

Comment

• soapfan6
      Senior Board Member
      • Mar 2010

I think johnny coming back is cool. Im interested to see what he coming back for i can see RC using him like he did a young prince spencer on GH.

Comment

• Flowercity79
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2017

Awww i adore Johnny and the little actor who plays him! This is GREAT news! I cant wait to see him returm. Im assuming it will soon be announced that Allie & Sydney will be cast as well. Hopefully right along with their parents Ejami

Comment

• Jj1701
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Sep 2012

So this means Ali has a drinking problem at 14? Oh dear.

But it will be great to see Johnny again!

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            CanaryFan98 commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately that is rather common although it doesn't explain why Lucas seemed ok with her having one drink and then she just kept pounding them back but I digress. I mean JJ was apparently into drugs around that age and became a drug dealer around 16/17

• Break-at-One
            Break-at-One commented
            Editing a comment
            Ali was witness to Nick's murder and needed a lot of therapy at the time, plus her father wasn't around, her stepfather was dead, her mother left her on her spontaneous trips to find Will or search for EJ. I mean, we're thinking why are these kids so screwed up and damaged? Because that's where the character motivations have to come from. And like Sami and Eric were in the same boat growing up, but manifested their damage in equal but not identical ways, I think Ali and Johnny will be similar to that.
        • CADY
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2012

Wonderful news! Would love for Sami & EJ to return also. Looking forward to seeing EJ's son.
          Last edited by CADY; February 8, 2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Contract Poster
            • Dec 2012

I hope his sisters come with him. I think there should be more women in the DiMera and Kiriakis mansions.

Comment

• tiff5555
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

I think he might be back for Caroline Funeral...but of its more, that's great news. Maybe Rafe can truly be a father to Johnny...for now.....

Comment

• Skins 2008
                Skins 2008 commented
                Editing a comment
                No. that would be the worst thing that could happen. He already has a smug male in his life EJ no need for Johnny to have another one.

• tiff5555
                tiff5555 commented
                Editing a comment
                Come on now...EJ is his father, but if he is not well, then Rafe can be the role model for him.
            • savytabby
              Soap Addict
              • May 2014

Cool, I always liked that actor. His mannerisms were very much like EJ's. I think when Sami returns for Caroline's funeral, she may decide to leave the children with Marlena, John, and Roman for a time so she can focus on EJ's recovery.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
                Soap Addict
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post
                So this means Ali has a drinking problem at 14? Oh dear.

But it will be great to see Johnny again!
                That was my question. Because we heard Ali had a drinking problem in the fall, I thought they were going to age the kids up to 16 or 17 and bring them back. But I guess not. Anyway, I agree it will be great to see a Sami and EJ kid in Salem again.

Comment

• Clementine15
                  Scriptwriter
                  • May 2015

0 WOW, in my wildest dreams--- l never thought we would see original Johnny DiMera again! A sweeter presence never graced a soap (imo)

Allie drinking at 14? l know things are different on the continent. Do they mean a glass of wine with dinner? Still, seems awfully young.

Comment

• rexjdk@msn.com
                    Contract Poster
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by rkm137 View Post
                    Okay.... I liked Griffin (and his brother) in the role of Johnny and Johnny generally. But who/what is coming back for? No one he's related to and knows other than Will is even in town. Isn't Stefan also leaving (I thought I saw that published, but I could be wrong)? Will Johnny be the only DiMera in town? What would a 13 year old Johnny even do in Salem? He's clearly not going to be running DE. And where will he be staying? I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just confused as to the timing.
                    He can live with grandpa Roman. I want Allie and Lucas back!

Comment

• CADY
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jun 2012

I seriously doubt Johnny is back long-term. It makes sense for him to return with Sami for Caroline's funeral. She is his great grandmother.

Comment

• pnorbert2222
                        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                        • Jul 2006

lol so who is going to raise this kid...Eric? Roman and Marlena are way too old to raise this kid IMO...their actors in their 70's.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X