Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Carlivati renews contract!

In what think is fantastic news Ron Carlivati head written is here to stay! I for one love his version of days.

I don't think this is good news.

Comment

• PennyB
      PennyB commented
      Editing a comment
      If he keeps celebrating a serial murderer of three innocent women as a romantic lead...I am very very sorry he got renewed. I would like to go back to watching the show again...but not with Ben as a lead character.

• Minnesotalover
      Minnesotalover commented
      Editing a comment
      Penny a true fan watches the show no matter what it’s either ron or the show is cancelled basically Becuase nbc won’t do another headwriter switch at this point, it’s a soap not real life so who cares if a serial killer is a lead come on

• Cat women
      Cat women commented
      Editing a comment
      I Agee CanaryFan98

Originally posted by soapsIknow91 View Post
    In what think is fantastic news Ron Carlivati head written is here to stay! I for one love his version of days.
    I have to agree. Ron writes interesting complex stories for vets and newbies alike and has done a great job writing compelling short term returns. Days has even beat GH in the ratings. There will always be people who complain but I’m happy.

Comment

Originally posted by CanaryFan98 View Post
      Yes, I'm in agree with you although of course this will be the best news for others.

It'll be interesting to see if this is for the best in the long term with a significant increase in viewingship and a renewal at the end of this year.

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        CanaryFan98 NBC took Steve Harvey off for Kelly Clarkson....or someone did...so that is a plus sign that NBC is keeping Days.

• CanaryFan98
        CanaryFan98 commented
        Editing a comment
        tiff5555 for another year then what next? Days is living off one year renewals. That's a death knell for any soap.

• Nolongersoapfan
        Nolongersoapfan commented
        Editing a comment
        There won't be a Higley-type if that happens, it will be Higley herself. She's already been on three times.

Originally posted by CanaryFan98 View Post
      I am in agreement with you I don't think it is good news either. I really don't like his version of days.

Comment

I think it is truly wonderful. I have been watching since 75 and haven't been so excited since the early 80s with Bo and Hope. The show has been so fantastic to watch with all the different stories. It is very character driven and that is what I love. Congratulations to Ron and long may he write for Days!

Comment

Not good news, IMO! I don't care for Ron's writing style at all.

Comment

What a disappointment. He has damaged this show. The most ludicrous s/l imaginable and crushing good characters in order to support the
            characters in it.

Comment

• Minnesotalover
              Minnesotalover commented
              Editing a comment
              No characters are being sacrificed to support others at all though. He has not damaged this show he has brought it back to being classic days and the ratings reflect that!

Awesome news! Since RC has been head writer the ratings have gone up and each storyline for the most part is interesting. He is doing a great job, congrats RC!!

Comment

He's done great with the ratings BUT he needs to put greater effort into building storylines and deep relationships/friends. That's where he lacks. So hoping for improvement but optimistic.

Things he got right - CIN!!! And weirdly enough he's turning Stefan around for me as a character in general. Didn't expect that.

Comment

This is good news. I have complained but at least he entertains. He writes the most like Days of old and uses the vets so I am happy. Though far from perfect, he has been the best writer in a very long time!! He has been good for Days after Dena almost destroyed it!

Comment

Wow, feeling blessed with this phenomenal news!

Comment

Well... at least it's not Dena.

Comment

• tiff5555
                      tiff5555 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      CherryPoppins Ken wanted to keep Dena...but somehow it was out of hands. Mainly the ratings was going down.

• Mr.Sami_Brady
                      Mr.Sami_Brady commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That hack has done more damage to DAYS and any other HW DAYS has had. (She trashed OLTL too).

• TeamCarlyJosM/M
                      TeamCarlyJosM/M commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The only bright side.

Im indifferent. I HATED his writing on OLTL but his writing style does fit the campy days style. The main problems i have with him on days is the lack of family and relationships. The fact that we have sooooo many stories going in that we go weeks without seeing people and i hate how he clearly writes for his favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by soapfan6 View Post
                      Im indifferent. I HATED his writing on OLTL but his writing style does fit the campy days style. The main problems i have with him on days is the lack of family and relationships. The fact that we have sooooo many stories going in that we go weeks without seeing people and i hate how he clearly writes for his favorites.
                      Honestly I think it's budget wise why we go a little bit without seeing charecycha

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X