Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss Bo Brady

I truly miss Bo Brady. He was the hero of Days for over 30 years. He was one half of one of the biggest supercouples ever. Yes I’m thrilled we luckily still have John & Marlena. John & Bo were both romantic leads, heros, best friends, and brothers. Bo leaving left a void in the show. Hope has been lost ever since he left. They dont know what to do with her. Ciara & Shawn D don’t have a father, John & Steve don’t have a best friend, we don’t have a hero who breaks all the rules, the Bradys are missing an integral part of their family... I could go on and on. I adored Peter Reckell. He could make me laugh and break my heart in the same episode. But, if he doesn’t want to return, I’ll accept a Bo recast at this point. Robert Kelker Kelly was a great Bo. They can find someone if PR refuses to return. We need Bo back desperately. Fancy Face needs her heart and soul back. RC, you’ve done such an amazing job bring Days back to a show I recognize and enjoy again. Please bring Bo back

I was not glued to BOPE, but now, yeah, I miss him too. He and Hope was the face for Days. I don't want a recast....I am liking The Excellent Adventures of Ted & Hope right now. She just needs to lay off from Ben.

Comment

He and Hope balanced each other. Hope had her faults, and so did Bo. I never enjoyed watching Bo, when Hope wasn't his love, and Hope isn't
      the same Hope, without him. Watching them separately, in scenes with others, I knew that they would come together, later. The too often
      breaking up of the couple was something I found so very irritating and useless. IMO, she and Rafe never fit as more than just friends. She
      is better with Ted, if the writing lets him be changed, and no longer shady. And he needs to go back to being like he was, before the writing
      had him crumple before Ben.
      Last edited by dee2; February 8th, 2019, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
        Carlys #1 Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope and Rafe are TERRIBLE and shouldn’t have ever happened.

Bo and Hope were my all time favs on Days. Killing him off was terrible. Now we get to watch this unrecognizable version of Hope. I did believe that Hope & Rafe had potential, but no that was just wishful thinking. BRING BACK BO BRADY!!!! Everyone else who "dies" on this show can come back, so can the delicious Bo Brady!!!

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
        Carlys #1 Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with everything you said except for the part about Hope & rafe having potential. I thought they were horribly matched, boring, and forced from the start.

He'd hate the woman Hope was if he was alive. She didn't deserve him.

Comment

• ABeth
        ABeth commented
        Editing a comment
        No, he wouldn’t.

Originally posted by ct32776 View Post
      Bo and Hope were my all time favs on Days. Killing him off was terrible. Now we get to watch this unrecognizable version of Hope. I did believe that Hope & Rafe had potential, but no that was just wishful thinking. BRING BACK BO BRADY!!!! Everyone else who "dies" on this show can come back, so can the delicious Bo Brady!!!
      Days should have waited two years later Bo's death to have Hope move on with Rafe. Well at least I am enjoying The Excellent Adventures of Ted & Hope.

Comment

SIGH. So do I and I concur with everything you said. I barely watch. Mostly check here occasionally to see if I want to check out an episode. But I fear PR coming back because the writing indicates these HWs prefer villains to lead the show; and they would throw Bo under the bus the same way they have Hope. There is NO WAY the Bo Brady I loved would ever be OK with Ciara hanging with a sadistic serial killer. I don't care who says he's "cured." No decent parent ever would be OK with that and, sadly, on this show characters are trashed for being a decent parent, while felons like Stefano were cheered and rationalized that "well he loves his children" when it is clear he was incapable of love or compassion. It was bad enough then with Stefano but now it is even worse....felonies and felons seem to be the whole show. Sheesh. No thanks. I miss the DAYS of characters with whom I could identify, families based in reality. Now mobsters and their minion felons seem to be ruling this genre. So really I prefer Bo NOT return less he become of casualty of hideous writing.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
          CanaryFan98 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Bo is better off dead and for all the talk about how Hope is irrational etc when it comes to Ben. Bo would be a 1000x worse.

• Skins 2008
          Skins 2008 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep Hope is actually being rational compared to how Bo would be.

I always miss Bo. A Legendary Soap CharCter. Bo come home!

Comment

I miss Bo too, but RKK didn't have good chemistry with Kristin Alfanso.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
            I truly miss Bo Brady. He was the hero of Days for over 30 years. He was one half of one of the biggest supercouples ever. Yes I’m thrilled we luckily still have John & Marlena. John & Bo were both romantic leads, heros, best friends, and brothers. Bo leaving left a void in the show. Hope has been lost ever since he left. They dont know what to do with her. Ciara & Shawn D don’t have a father, John & Steve don’t have a best friend, we don’t have a hero who breaks all the rules, the Bradys are missing an integral part of their family... I could go on and on. I adored Peter Reckell. He could make me laugh and break my heart in the same episode. But, if he doesn’t want to return, I’ll accept a Bo recast at this point. Robert Kelker Kelly was a great Bo. They can find someone if PR refuses to return. We need Bo back desperately. Fancy Face needs her heart and soul back. RC, you’ve done such an amazing job bring Days back to a show I recognize and enjoy again. Please bring Bo back
            I SO miss Bo & that immediate forced -piring with Rafe on Bo's deathbed was the ruination of Hope (and DAYS for me til this day)! I read about her, check out occasional episodes, & never invest anymore & that's because of the writing - the writers' agendas and the new face of DAYS - evil front & center! Just not my style, and as another poster mentioned, Bo's better off NOT here because they'd trash his character as they've done to Hope!

However, he IS solely missed & Hope IS lost w/o him (so is DAYS) - there definitely IS a void that'll never be filled - and the story writing that he delivered so well is a thing of the past!

No, to a recast - PR is the ONLY Bo! RKK would be awful especially at this point and didn't work at all well with Hope when he was there years ago!

Rafe & Hope are dreadful & have been from the start! Too forced, no chemistry, & should've remained devoted friends & not a love interest! She could "possibly" have a chance with Ted if they'd write him positively for her, STILL show Bo & Bope the respect they never got with the Rafe force, & let him not be SO dark but who's strong and challenges her & brings out her appealing traits again (if the trashing of her to prop Ben doesn't totally kill her chances)!

But, truthfully, IF the writers wouldn't ruin Bo as they've done Hope - could appeal to him to bring Bo back - and keep him TRUE TO CHARACTER (not used to prop Ben, too) - that would be classic story telling having him come back to team up with Hope to bring Ciara to her senses about spending her life with a serial killer (former or not LOL - he's STILL a SK) who's totally & completely dependent on drugs and a dose or two away from her life (and others' lives) being in danger! That would be something truly entertaining & exciting to tune in for! Professional storytelling at it's best IF the writers have that capability & could take a break from glorifying evil!
            Last edited by AllBoHope; February 10th, 2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Robert Kelker Kelly was great as Bo Brady but he left the show on bad terms. The actresses he was paired with didn't seem to like him. He also had zero chemistry with Kristian Alfonso so Bo and Hope wouldn't work with him in the role. RKK was great with Lisa Rinna's Billie and Crystal Chappel's Carly. It's a shame because he still looks great.

Comment

• prfan2008
                prfan2008 commented
                Editing a comment
                It is not a shame at all. There is a reason the women did not like working with him. And they were not the only ones, same problem other shows. Looks or no looks, I would not wish those kind of working conditions on anyone.

• Ella Munroe
                Ella Munroe commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. I meant it's a shame about his behavior. However, it didn't affect his career as he went on to a pivotal role in General Hospital. He's had another great run as the evil Stavros Cassadine. Oh well...

Originally posted by Cat women View Post
              I miss Bo too, but RKK didn't have good chemistry with Kristin Alfanso.
              It was more than just a lack of chemistry. No way would KA work with him again.

Comment

• Cat women
                Cat women commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol, I know but I wasn't going to bring all that up. He's not nice to work with.

Originally posted by Ella Munroe View Post
              Robert Kelker Kelly was great as Bo Brady but he left the show on bad terms. The actresses he was paired with didn't seem to like him. He also had zero chemistry with Kristian Alfonso so Bo and Hope wouldn't work with him in the role. RKK was great with Lisa Rinna's Billie and Crystal Chappel's Carly. It's a shame because he still looks great.
              I didn't care for RKK/CC's version of Bo/Carly I admit I didn't like Bo/Carly(much preferrred Lawrence/Carly but CC/PR had better chemistry)

Comment

• Ella Munroe
                Ella Munroe commented
                Editing a comment
                I actually really liked Bo and Carly. I do agree that Peter Reckell had better chemistry with CC but RKK wasn't bad IMO. RKK was best with Lisa Rinna's Billie but when Peter Reckell came back, there was no chemistry between PR and LR. They looked like brother and sister lol.

Now is the perfect time to bring back Bo...... just have him emerge from somewhere in the World, (maybe Sami finds him in Europe) another Dr. Rolf Revival. It’s perfect. After all we never did get to see all the patients that Kristen Dimiera had stashed in the warehouse/makeshift medical rehab center. Surely more people survived the fire. I’m sure Nicole will return, as well as Kristen Demira, Vivian Alamein, etc

Comment

Originally posted by prfan2008 View Post
                SIGH. So do I and I concur with everything you said. I barely watch. Mostly check here occasionally to see if I want to check out an episode. But I fear PR coming back because the writing indicates these HWs prefer villains to lead the show; and they would throw Bo under the bus the same way they have Hope. There is NO WAY the Bo Brady I loved would ever be OK with Ciara hanging with a sadistic serial killer. I don't care who says he's "cured." No decent parent ever would be OK with that and, sadly, on this show characters are trashed for being a decent parent, while felons like Stefano were cheered and rationalized that "well he loves his children" when it is clear he was incapable of love or compassion. It was bad enough then with Stefano but now it is even worse....felonies and felons seem to be the whole show. Sheesh. No thanks. I miss the DAYS of characters with whom I could identify, families based in reality. Now mobsters and their minion felons seem to be ruling this genre. So really I prefer Bo NOT return less he become of casualty of hideous writing.
                From what I read from others, Days tried to get Peter back in 2017...but Peter was and may still be, not interested in a full time gig. He might come back for few scenes as a ghost.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X