Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think she has to trust Ben, but she should do her job and stay objective. She is a dirty cop, using her power to make things go her way.

I didn’t get how in the world Malena did not see how unhinged Hope was. Giving Hope information was highly unethical and she should pay for it, either being sued or reprimanded. Her logic to do so, had more wholes than swiss cheese.
    Last edited by timepass; February 10th, 2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw a desperately worried woman, for her child. I was thinking Marlena would pull her ice queen act and not recognize Hope's
      situation. I was glad to see Marlena remember that she and Hope had once been family and to see her help Hope. After Ben's
      performance in her office, concerning Ciara, I don't see how Marlena could have done otherwise. She tried to explain that to Ben, but
      of course, no luck.

• timepass
      timepass commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you, and I must add that it was NOT a good enough reason to break patient trust confidentially. Hope had no clues or proofs, only a gut feeling that was proven wrong so far regarding Ben. This is NOT a family or friend matters it is a professional decision. Both were not professional.

• dee2
      dee2 commented
      Editing a comment
      We just disagree. Marlena tried to tell Ben that if she had reason to believe a crime had been commited,
      she was obligated to divulge any information she had about it. Ciara not showing up when she should have,
      after the way Ben had carried on in Marlena's office, made Marlena think that there was a possibility that he had taken
      Ciara. If he had, Marlena not divulging his actions, would have caused her more trouble. She did nothing
      wrong, IMO, and I was glad that she didn't just sit there with her smug expression, while Hope was hurting so.
      I think Hope showed a lot of patience.

Can they make this Hope turnout to be really Princess Gina pretending to be her? Maybe Gina really wants to destroy her peasant doppelganger for good this time.
    Last edited by Skins 2008; February 11th, 2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• CanaryFan98
      CanaryFan98 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm surprised they haven't gone that route.

I would like Hope to be free from the Cin orbit I know that's a lot to ask but I find her a lot better and watchable when she's with cousin Jennifer or Doug/Julie compared to this storyline.

Comment

When will the writers DO something with Hope continually breaking the law. She is the commissioner and the law more than Stefano did when he was alive and more than Victor does now. Personally I wish they would write her character off the show. She is a terrible actor

Comment

Originally posted by timepass View Post
        I don’t think she has to trust Ben, but she should do her job and stay objective. She is a dirty cop, using her power to make things go her way.

I didn’t get how in the world Malena did not see how unhinged Hope was. Giving Hope information was highly unethical and she should pay for it, either being sued or reprimanded. Her logic to do so, had more wholes than swiss cheese.
        I seriously have wondered that myself. And given the level to which Hope has disrespected her, I don't get how Marlena is blind to what's happened to the woman she has called "friend" for so long. Of course now hse's violated rules of her own profession and has driven away someone who trusted no one else but her and Ciara. She screwed up BIG time, and even still she apparently doesn't see the reality in front of her with Hope.

Comment

The least Hope could have done was to keep her mouth shut about Marlena to Ben instead of throwing Marlena under the bus.

Comment

• Flowercity79
            Flowercity79 commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly. What she did was so wrong on so many levels. She is burning bridges with everyone now smh

Originally posted by CherryPoppins View Post
          Imagine Hope's corruption exposed for the general public, and her family name disgraced as she is fired by Mayor Trask and dragged away in a straightjacket.
          I would pay to see this play out!

Comment

• CherryPoppins
            CherryPoppins commented
            Editing a comment
            It's pure soapy goodness, which Days does so well! And rest assured she will be fine but come on, give us some satisfaction for her totalitarian ways!!!

A large part of the problem is not so much that Hope is concerned with her daughter dating an ex serial killer, but her blatant abuse of power as police commissioner in trying to nail Ben with a crime. I could see an ordinary citizen going to extraordinary lengths in a situation like this. The issue is that Hope is not just an ordinary citizen. She is the police commissioner. The level of corruption involved in her very appointment to that position is astounding. She is a murderer herself and several people on up to the ISA helped to cover that up.

Yes, Ben killed several people. But he never killed an elderly man confined to a wheelchair.....but Hope did. It is true that Stefano was a evil maniac obsessed with torturing the citizens of Salem. But having Hope kill him when he was elderly and confined to a wheelchair was in poor taste. At least when Ben killed his victims, they were able to struggle and attempt to fight back. Stefano couldn't even do that.

Hope has been acting unhinged for quite some time now. I believe that she needs to see a professional and get her mental state assessed. She has been a police officer long enough to know that the law is supposed to apply to every citizen equally regardless of one's personal feelings. Ben was deemed fit to return to society. That means that he should have been treated as any other citizen. She has let her personal feelings interfere with her professional judgment.

Comment

Hope needs a long vacation! .....Hope Ted wines and dines her in Green Mountain Lounge Cabins.

Comment

Originally posted by Skins 2008 View Post
              Like I said Hope should be scared and worried about Ciara dating Ben but she shouldn't be able to say who if she can date him or not because Ciara is 21 years old, Hope was 18 when she started dating Bo if I remember correctly and Doug still had some say in who she could see or not.
              You're right about Ciara making her own choices because she's "21", but some "21 year olds" are more mature & wiser than others - parents always want what they feel is best for their children and, honestly, who would want their's with a known serial killer in spite of who set a fire, who kidnapped/rescued someone - a serial killer overshadows ALL that. Serial killers often do good deeds & don't harm their own - just innocent folks and who would want their child in that kind of life? Like you said, Ciara WILL be able to make her own choices, but Hope will forever be "scared" for her IF they keep that sk baggage on Ben. Personally, I hope they readdress that, write a quality sl showing he WASN'T responsible for those acts, & THEN move on positively for Ben & Ciara with better story material!

However, Doug's worries about Hope at age "18" were WORLDS different than Hope's about Ben now! Bo was NEVER on the level of a sk! He was a rebel who stole a microwave - about his worst stuff I can recall - & Doug wanted better for his precious princess! These aren't comparable at all except that Doug was unhappy then & knew Hope was "old" enough to make her own choices & was "scared" of that choice (but, again, for MUCH different reason)!

Comment

Originally posted by jlrd2000 View Post
                A large part of the problem is not so much that Hope is concerned with her daughter dating an ex serial killer, but her blatant abuse of power as police commissioner in trying to nail Ben with a crime. I could see an ordinary citizen going to extraordinary lengths in a situation like this. The issue is that Hope is not just an ordinary citizen. She is the police commissioner. The level of corruption involved in her very appointment to that position is astounding. She is a murderer herself and several people on up to the ISA helped to cover that up.

Yes, Ben killed several people. But he never killed an elderly man confined to a wheelchair.....but Hope did. It is true that Stefano was a evil maniac obsessed with torturing the citizens of Salem. But having Hope kill him when he was elderly and confined to a wheelchair was in poor taste. At least when Ben killed his victims, they were able to struggle and attempt to fight back. Stefano couldn't even do that.

Hope has been acting unhinged for quite some time now. I believe that she needs to see a professional and get her mental state assessed. She has been a police officer long enough to know that the law is supposed to apply to every citizen equally regardless of one's personal feelings. Ben was deemed fit to return to society. That means that he should have been treated as any other citizen. She has let her personal feelings interfere with her professional judgment.
                No, Ben didn't "kill an elderly man confined to a wheelchair" - Hope did because that "elderly man" was a monster who'd kidnapped, tortured, raped, murdered her loved ones for decades and she strongly believed he was guilty yet again (he ALWAYS was) of her deceased love's death! Also, that "elderly" monster was forever a threat - in a wheelchair or not - with his many goons around to protect him & kill on site! This is NO comparison regardless of how many want to use it as an excuse to accept Ben's serial killing of innocent people (who he's excused here because he picked people who were able to "struggle & fight back" - how respectful/thoughtful of him LOL because they weren't confined to wheelchairs altho totally innocent)! I've seen it all now!

Both Stefano AND Ben should've remained behind bars for the rest of their lives - THAT's the best comparison - not Hope ridding her family & Salem of the evil criminal Stefano was!
                Last edited by AllBoHope; February 11th, 2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• ABeth
                  ABeth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  AllBoHope Spot on Post. As for Wendy, she definitely was not able to fight back. She was defenseless and scared, and Ben drug her outside and shot her. As for Serena and Paige, yes, they fought and struggled, and Ben still looked straight into their terrified eyes as he strangled the life out of them for no reason whatsoever other than he was ticked Abby loved Chad not him. Sick.
                  Last edited by ABeth; February 11th, 2019, 12:13 PM.

• JackandJenfan
                  JackandJenfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Murder is murder. Hope took Bo's gun and drove to the Dimera mansion to KILL Stefano. It wasn't her duty nor was it self-defense. She committed murder. Stefano's crimes are irrelevent here. She wasn't doing anyone a favor when she MURDERED Stefano. She committed a felony. She is a criminal.

• dee2
                  dee2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She wasn't going to kill Stefano, she had stopped and lowered the gun. She would have never gone through with it. However, his insulting
                  her recently deceased husband was the trigger. It was done in a moment of vulnerable passion, it was never cold blood and it will never be,
                  and will never be murder. If she had turned herself in, like she wanted to, I think the charge would have been something far less than murder.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X