Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's permitted to say that someone is acting like a "ho," if it's on topic and in context to the character's actions, but you can't tag "ho" to the end of their name or exclusively refer to them as "the ho" or "that ho."

If there is something specific that you want the mods to review, please report the post(s). We see a lot, but we don't see everything.
    Liz
    soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Comment

Originally posted by lizincinti View Post
      It's permitted to say that someone is acting like a "ho," if it's on topic and in context to the character's actions, but you can't tag "ho" to the end of their name or exclusively refer to them as "the ho" or "that ho."

If there is something specific that you want the mods to review, please report the post(s). We see a lot, but we don't see everything.
      Excellent, thank you, lizincinti!

Comment

So you allow for Gabi to be referred to as "taste of Lavender Funk" but remove my post about Abby being ridden. I'm sorry whether intentional or not that's kinda a double standard as to which posts are acceptable and which aren't. You gotta be fair.

Last edited by lizincinti; February 14th, 2019, 08:54 AM. Reason: See reply

Comment

• Jj1701
          Jj1701 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's important to report them because if the poster is problematic, they will eventually get banned. And there's nothing more fun than watching a troll disappear entirely.

• BubbleGum
          BubbleGum commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. I wasn't in the know.

• lizincinti
          lizincinti commented
          Editing a comment
          Moderators are not permitted to discuss specific actions taken on the forum out of respect for everyone's privacy. You can contact us privately to discuss your removed post. We will be happy to answer your questions/concerns.

Uncloaked spoiler discussion/spoiler in subject line
        It is imperative to mark spoiler discussions because we have posters who are spoiler free and wish to remain so. For that reason, we also ask that posters keep spoiler information out of the subject lines.

I really wish people would remember this rule. LOL

Honestly, i think this is the only thing that really bothers me. I read spoilers time to time, but I never fully spoil myself completely. Somethings I like to keep a surprise. It happens in random threads too. It's just kinda disappointing that it keeps happening.
        Last edited by kdw877; February 7th, 2019, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I just want to ask if there is a time limit when you first post a comment to when you go back to edit it?
          If it's longer than a minute and less than 10 minutes than it's flagged as spam?
          Becuse it has happen a number of times to me and it happen just now when I was editing a post I made in the Ben and Jack comparison thread.
          And a couple of times there wasn't actually posted in the end and I believe there was nothing in my comments that would deem the post unacceptable.
          Just find it a bit frustrating but would like to know so I can act accordingly.

Comment

• lizincinti
            lizincinti commented
            Editing a comment
            I will try to find out. As a moderator, this is not an issue that we encounter.

Originally posted by kdw877 View Post
          It is imperative to mark spoiler discussions because we have posters who are spoiler free and wish to remain so. For that reason, we also ask that posters keep spoiler information out of the subject lines.

I really wish people would remember this rule. LOL.
          ME TOO. This happens over and over. It's my biggest pet peeve. Don't post the spoiler in the title!!!

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
          So you allow for Gabi to be referred to as "taste of Lavender Funk" but remove my post about Abby being ridden. I'm sorry whether intentional or not that's kinda a double standard as to which posts are acceptable and which aren't. You gotta be fair.
          I think it's really a matter of what gets reported. The mods don't have time to read every thread looking for posts that offend. If a post you think is in poor taste is still up, it might be because no one reported it. I think it's probably true that some fans tend to report more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by kdw877 View Post

I really wish people would remember this rule. LOL

Honestly, i think this is the only thing that really bothers me. I read spoilers time to time, but I never fully spoil myself completely. Somethings I like to keep a surprise. It happens in random threads too. It's just kinda disappointing that it keeps happening.
            I agree completely and this is my biggest complaint. There are still spoilers all over the board even though there have been multiple reminders about the guidelines. I just don't get why it is so hard for some posters to refrain from posting things that haven't happened yet on screen in non-spoiler threads, such as when Jordan, who wasn't even back yet, was going to kidnap Charlotte.

Comment

Originally posted by July Baby View Post

I agree completely and this is my biggest complaint. There are still spoilers all over the board even though there have been multiple reminders about the guidelines. I just don't get why it is so hard for some posters to refrain from posting things that haven't happened yet on screen in non-spoiler threads, such as when Jordan, who wasn't even back yet, was going to kidnap Charlotte.
              The members, depending on the numbers, don't know the guidelines. I was one in the numbers until I got known there was one. I hope all reads this thread thou.

Comment

• lizincinti
                lizincinti commented
                Editing a comment
                Everyone, from the day the boards were first set up over 20 years ago had to read and confirm that they've read the guidelines when they activated membership. If someone opted not to do that then that is on them not the moderators. We enforce the guidelines and we give everyone the benefit of the doubt that they took the time to at least skim the rules before getting on a board. We also periodically post board advisories to help clarify things and give posters an opportunity to ask us general questions.
                Every effort is made to help new posters learn the ropes, but we are not going to let someone run amok until they do. If someone doesn't want to follow the guidelines then they are not going to have fun here because moderators will be pulling posts and, if necessary, suspending or permanently revoking membership.

• tiff5555
                tiff5555 commented
                Editing a comment
                For me, cuz it's my experience, when I found this site years ago and wanted to get on the boards, I just registered, probably skimmed thru the guidelines, without thinking of it, cuz I just wanted to post. I feel too, with those who may not know, probably have done the same thing. I do agree, it's on all of us, if we don't read each rule.

• shellyinphx
                shellyinphx commented
                Editing a comment
                Making the choice to not read the guidelines that everyone agreed to before joining isn't a valid excuse for breaking said rules

THREAD ADVISORY:

Please do not report possible guideline violations in this thread. You must use the flag feature. We respect everyone's privacy, and there is always a possibility that what is being reported as a violation is in fact not a violation. We do not want anyone embarrassed over something that they didn't do. Plus, people do make mistakes. "Public" shaming is not our way here.
              Liz
              soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Comment

Please also take note, if moderators have to enter the same thread multiple times (sometimes as little as 3) we are likely to pull the entire thread regardless of how large it is. No one has to be babysitting posters.
                Shelly, Moderator
                soapcentral.com

Email Me

“Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” - Mr. Rogers.

Comment

• Jj1701
                  Jj1701 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  While I totally understand why mods have to do that, the drawback is that some posters will deliberately tank a thread they don't like by posting multiple infractions in a thread with the intent of getting it pulled. Does that qualify for some kind of ban?

• shellyinphx
                  shellyinphx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes that can qualify for a ban, but people don't have to respond to those posts. It only derails a thread of people let it. We have an ignore function, I'm told it helps a great deal

CherryPoppins Derailments happen to almost every single thread made. Definitely not trying to be rude, but Cabi supporters do it to Chabby threads and Non Cin fans, do it in Cin threads, etc.. It is unfortunate and frustrating, but I just don't think it's right to single out a fanbase, when it happens with all fanbases in multiple threads.

Comment

• shellyinphx
                  shellyinphx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But if you ignore the attempt to derail the thread, most attempts stop and most of us moderators are okay with deleting the handful of baiting posts. But when you respond you become part of the problem.

• kdw877
                  kdw877 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  shellyinphx Just to be clear, I wasn't saying I derailed threads purposely, in case there is confusion there. You are right through. If you choose to derail or respond, you are part of the problem. Problem is, it still happens. Some people IMHO purposely do it and of course that usually gets a response, which obviously the person/people are wanting.

Like for example. If there is a Ericole thread up titled. Eric and Nicole are so cute and someone comes in that thread just to say, I don't think they are cute. It's little responses like that, that are attempts to derail a good thread and get it heated enough to eventually get closed. It kinda sucks, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

tiff5555 Yeah, if you mute everyone who attempts to derail a thread, you will basically end up talking to yourself. LOL That was what I was getting at. It happens on both sides. Fans and Non fans and in different threads. Some people just do it to purposely start stuff. I guess they think it's not enough to get banned, but enough to ruffle feathers. I use to see it all the time FanForum during the Dawson's Creek days.
                  Last edited by kdw877; February 13th, 2019, 09:47 PM.

• tiff5555
                  tiff5555 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kdw877 Yep! If I do that with the Ignore Feature, I would be seeing few members and like you said, talking to myself.

shellyinphx lizincinti I have a question for the mods. If you see a post that is a violation, but no one has reported it, do you still delete it? Or do you have to wait for someone to report it?

Comment

• Jj1701
                  Jj1701 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for responding. When I said you, I meant you the mods. I just was wondering if the mods have to wait until a post is reported to delete it, or if while you are posting and happen to see an infraction that hasn't been reported, if you can just delete it. Anyways, I totally get that if we see problematic posts we should report it, and not respond.

• shellyinphx
                  shellyinphx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will usually clean a thread while posting in it. But don't always assume that because you see a moderator posting that they saw the rule violation. I'll fully admit that I skim a lot which means I also miss stuff

• Moore ideas
                  Moore ideas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, we don't need to wait for a flag report to see or remove violations; we find them all the time, but the flag reports help because we can't possibly see everything.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X