This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Advisory: Please read immediately

The forums are intended to be a fun place where fans can get together and talk about all aspects of the show. We want everyone to feel comfortable and welcome. We aren’t all going to agree, but we should be able to disagree without taking personal jabs.

Recently, the moderators have had to remove a slew of topics and posts because of on-going violations, so we’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the guidelines.

Respect is paramount. If you address anyone personally on the forum then be sure you are polite, respectful, and on topic. Asking if someone watched the show, is for real, smoking something, or anything along those lines is prohibited. It’s rude and uncalled for. Additionally, it’s grounds for an immediate suspension of your posting privileges.

Unapproved topics/posts

Our filter is set to flag anything that might be spam. Too many emoticons, symbols, jargon, or questionable links are just a few of the things that could result in the system unapproving your topic/post. Once that happens, you will have to post without being flagged for a period of time before the system resets your account.

One of the most common reasons for unapproved posts are attempts to bypass the system’s settings for minimum characters (20) per post by adding a series of periods or other symbols to the end of the message until the system accepts it.

Moderators review the unapproved topic/posts once a day at which time we will determine if the topic/post will be approved or deleted for violations, including bypassing the minimum character limit.

Removed topics

The most common reasons for topic removal is as follows:

Vague subject line
    Simply listing a character’s name is not sufficient. The subject line must be a clear indication of what you are discussing. This is to reduce the number of same topic discussions.

Same topic discussion
    If there is a discussion well underway about a development on the show and you start a new discussion about the same topic then we are likely to remove your topic rather than merge it. Merging is a courtesy that we extend to new posters who are still learning the ropes or when we see that the topics were started within minutes of each other and it was clearly inadvertent.

Uncloaked spoiler discussion/spoiler in subject line
    It is imperative to mark spoiler discussions because we have posters who are spoiler free and wish to remain so. For that reason, we also ask that posters keep spoiler information out of the subject lines.

General Information:

Live threads
    Discussion about the show is encouraged except in the live threads. These threads are for recap purposes only and will be closed within hours. If you would like a detailed recap of the episode, then please visit our front pages. Recaps are posted daily.

Nicknames
    It’s fine to call a character an unflattering name to make a point, but please keep it PG-13. The rule of thumb is if it can’t be said on daytime television then it can’t be posted here. Additionally, derogatory names cannot be used exclusively in place of a character’s name.

Saying someone acts like a bastard or bitch is fine, but you can’t repeatedly refer to them as such. Once, for emphasis is okay. After that, it comes off as baiting. And yes, you can use those words because they are used on the show.

Reporting violations:
    If you see a violation, please report it. Do not respond because it just creates more work for us. The site’s policy is to remove all violations and the responses to them.

Please give us time to respond. We check our emails frequently throughout the day, but we are only human and there are times when we might be focused on other things. Most violations are addressed within a few hours, but it can take up to 48 hrs.

Questions/complaints
    Please do not post messages on the forums asking where your topic or post is. Moderators are not at liberty to discuss violations on an open forum out of respect for everyone’s privacy. If you need to contact a moderator, you can do so one of two ways:

Flag a post, even if it’s not a violation. At that time, you will be able to type a message to all of the site's moderators

Email boards@soapcentral.com
    Liz
    soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Thank you, Liz! Sometimes we do get passionate, but I believe it's better just to read this rule that you posted. Hopefully most to all, would read this. I believe, depending on the number of people, may not know there is a guidelines. They bypass the rules, and I think that is the problem. I have until I got into a jammed. Anyway, yeah, best to just read the guidelines and keep it calm.

Comment

A question concerning the 20 character rule. Is it ok to use the initials, mts-for message too short, when not
      having a 20 character comment?

Comment

• lizincinti
        lizincinti commented
        Editing a comment
        No, because that's an attempt to bypass the setting. The setting is in place because we don't want people trying to up their post-count (yes, there are those who do) by typing a bunch of short messages. We want posts to advance the discussion, so when someone checks out the thread they will feel like jumping in and joining the fun.

• dee2
        dee2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the answer.

May I ask why “No Bashing Threads” are not allowed on this forum?

Comment

• lizincinti
        lizincinti commented
        Editing a comment
        All points of view are welcome, pro and con. We don't want two threads -- one pro and one con -- for every topic. That's not a discussion.

That said, if someone starts a thread about how much they love a couple, that's not an excuse for someone else to jump in with vitriol. If you disagree, do so politely and respectfully. Keep it on topic and remember that we are all here to have fun.

• patrick4days
        patrick4days commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew they were not allowed, but I wanted to know why. But since it’s not up for discussion, then I’ll let it go.

One thing that bothers me is the vitriol that I see on the posts. I guess that comes with free speech and all. There are times when I check out the threads just to detoxify from a hectic day. Unfortunately I feel more toxic after going through a few posts.

• lizincinti
        lizincinti commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I had explained why the policy is in place. This forum is for ALL fans of the show. Pro/con, all viewpoints are welcome because this is a place where we, the viewers, can discuss everything. We want people to come together because of their love for the show, not split up into tribes who can only accept their own views.

At that point, you might just want to look for a fan site dedicated to your favorites.

We aren't going to censor anyone's viewpoint, but gratuitous bashing isn't permitted here either. After all, we are all supposed to be fans of the show first and foremost. Therefore, constructive criticism is perfectly fine and even encouraged because we want the show to succeed not fail.

Also, I feel it's important to remind everyone that the moderators do not set the policy, we enforce it. The owner established the guidelines long ago, and they have served him well over the years.

I try to read the rules every few months. It reminds me to behave myself and not instigate a brawl.
      if I am finding a thread turning too toxic i try to steer clear.

thanks so much for putting the advisory up!

Comment

• patrick4days
        patrick4days commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s what I’ve decided to do. If I feel I’m not ready for some vitriol, I’ll steer clear.

In case it wasn't made clear in the original post. It's still not okay to call each other haters. It's not okay to refer to other actual people with derogatory remarks. This isn't a new rule but it's still being done in almost every thread.
      Shelly, Moderator
      soapcentral.com

Email Me

“Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” - Mr. Rogers.

Comment

• kdw877
        kdw877 commented
        Editing a comment
        What about when people make comments saying someone is pressed or so and so fans are pressed. Is that considered the same thing? I know that word gets thrown around sometimes.

• EJJJJ
        EJJJJ commented
        Editing a comment
        can't you just ban the People who call us haters? and meen names?

• shellyinphx
        shellyinphx commented
        Editing a comment
        Banning is the last resort, but yes if it comes to it we will ban people who attack other posters in that manner.

Here is the rule: If you have nothing nice to say about a real individual/group (whether it's a poster or fanbase or actor) then don't say it. Don't call each other or any fanbase things like delusional, haters, or question if they watch the show or have a low IQ. We don't permit people to talk to each other that way on these forums. This isn't Twitter or FB or Instagram where pretty much anything goes. This is a privately owned site where the owner's rules are expected to be followed and are enforced.

A certain level of adult conversation is expected because these are adult situations unfolding on our screens, but that doesn't give anyone leave to act like an ass when others don't agree with your viewpoint. Debate respectfully, like you are debating your doctor, religious leader, teacher, or cherished elder. Don't call people names or make assumptions about who they are as a person based on their likes and dislikes on the show. The goal is to celebrate the show and offer constructive critiques.

If someone crosses the line with you, disengage and report them. The moderators are here to take care of things like that, so that you can focus on having fun.
      Liz
      soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Comment

• patrick4days
        patrick4days commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, the language used in many of the posts here don’t make the cut for respectful debate. The name-calling on the characters of the show we’re supposed to be fans of don’t make for decent adult conversation. I’m afraid we’ve gone into Twitter, FB, and Instagram territory and beyond.

Personally, I try not to say mean and profane words against anybody, real or fictional, because I know that whatever I say or post is a reflection of my character. Anonymity in these forums is not a license to engage in gutter behavior.

• lizincinti
        lizincinti commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said, a certain level of adult language is permitted since the shows are PG-13 and these are generally adult situations. If someone crosses the line, we will step in.

What is one supposed to do, if they inquire, via email as instructed, as to why something was taken down, and you don't get any reply?

Comment

• lizincinti
        lizincinti commented
        Editing a comment
        Often, that is a result of the email on file being old or not matching to the email address that we were contacted with. We can only reply to the email on file for privacy reasons. Also, check your junk folder. Sometimes our emails are flagged as junk mail.

You can email me at liz@soapcentral.com.

• 50yearfan
        50yearfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, the email is correct and matches the one on here. And I check spam daily before I empty it.

“Too many emoticons “ Thank you for pointing this out. It is absolutely glaring on some posts.

Comment

It's better if all read what this thread is saying and don't go on what some would think on their own. If we read this wonderful thread and what Shelly had too, things would be easy.

Comment

and .. are all the Pictures on the post REALLY necessary ? it takes FOREVER to load the Thread !

Comment

• lizincinti
            lizincinti commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, they are. Those ads help pay the bills to keep these boards going.

• EJJJJ
            EJJJJ commented
            Editing a comment
            no not those ... The Picks People post on the Threads!

Just a comment, not a complaint:

I liked having 'appreciation thread" and wish they were still allowed. I understand that all opinions matter, but a thread asking for positive discussion keeps things on track and prevents the discussion from being hijacked. There are just some charactes that garner very strong opinions, like Gabi, Abby or Cin. These characters inevitably have many threads created about them, so why not have one thread that is kept on topic.

Comment

• CherryPoppins
            CherryPoppins commented
            Editing a comment
            I would appreciate the return of Depreciation Threads.

• Cat women
            Cat women commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't mind a deapprciation thread either. There's enough things about the show that bug me that I'd make good use of it.

• shellyinphx
            shellyinphx commented
            Editing a comment
            We have allowed "WTH" threads that could allow you discuss grievances but with that you have to be careful about bashing real people which is something people, particularly on this board have a problem doing.

This makes sense to me. I always hated the "no bashing' threads.

Comment

I think we should be able to say negative stuff about characters we don't like Abby and Stefan.

Comment

• lizincinti
              lizincinti commented
              Editing a comment
              You are permitted to say negative things about characters, the things they do, have done, or are plotting to do. You just can't take it to a personal level (their appearance or anything else that reflects on the actor personally), and you can't bash gratuitously. It must be in context to the show and their actions.

Why are posters still using derogatory adjectives like disgusting and hoe in the thread ‘2017 Chad telling Abby he was in love with Gabi’?? It sounds awful!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X