• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Princessnyla
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by AllBoHope View Post

I don't watch but it sounds like that would've lacked the drama they wanted had she just gotten "to the point"! Pretty obvious from reading this is nothing more than an obstacle to create angst for this "weird" couple (beautiful daughter of Bo & Hope paired with a serial killer) while continued trashing of Hope, turning her into the villain, and the SK into the sympathized hero)! I'll bet the writers just smile at how easily they manipulate the audience to accept such things! Anyway, if Ciara can handle serial killing, which she has, she'll easily get over kidnapping & "jealousy" of him scheming with Claire. Neither are on the level of murdering innocent people.! This is just a stall tactic while Ben gets more & more glorified til their "hot" reunion!
    I don’t understand constantly commenting & judging this couple if you didn’t actually watch what actually happened instead of making wrong assumptions on it . Also they’re not trashing Hope it seems you like to ignore that Hope being corrupt for years going back to when she killed Stefano . People sympathize with Ben because we know he killed when he was sick even when he was killing people was sympathetic towards him it’s not something new . Yes cause we have to be manipulated by the writers like we don’t have our own thoughts & likes , he killed people over three years ago & hasn’t killed since you keep letting out that he killed while mental ill. You’re saying which she had as if he killed recently and he hasn’t . If you actually then you’ll know that she wasn’t over the kidnapping nor was she jealous that he schemed Claire it was her trust in Ben , He killed three characters the writers wanted death also is this fiction that’s being harped on about .

Comment

• Flowercity79
      Flowercity79 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. If i don't watch a show i wouldnt comment on it and base my opinions on something i have no knowledge of because i cant be bothered to watch...i just dont get it but to each thier own lol

• soapjunkie1987
      soapjunkie1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen. Getting that pressed over a storyline on a show you don't even watch anymore? Why even waste the energy? SMH.
  • LovingBrady
    Recurring Poster
    • Jan 2015

ITA- they should have had a sit down and a heart to heart- Ciara should have been more understanding -- I don't blame Ben for leaving.. he was there to work things out and no matter what he does she always assumes the worst and seemed to already have her mind made up anyway. Her immaturity was showing for sure. AND to top it all off 5 minutes after he leaves she has her bags packed and bought a plane ticket to South Africa? Is that even possible? I would need at least a day to get things in order and pack properly

Comment

• Princessnyla
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2018

Ciara has trust issues and If we’re honestly Ben did do things to caused her to assume the worst & for her doubt him .he did something he told her he wouldn’t, he did scheme with Claire no matter how little or big he worked with her & knew it would backfire on him .
      Last edited by Princessnyla; January 11, 2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• alan650
        Recurring Poster
        • Mar 2008

I don't understand those who think Ciara should just wipe the things Ben has done under the rug. It makes complete sense that she doesn't trust him. It would be absurd if she just overlooked the fact that he kidnapped a woman for his boss! I am glad they are not rushing them into a full on coupling because it would make Ciara look very stupid.

Comment

• texastrilogy12
          Recurring Poster
          • Apr 2018

This storyline is beyond ridiculous. She's dating a Serial Killer and now shes get's upset over a kidnapping and breaks up. The girl has no standards to begin with and picked the silliest reason to take a stand for what's right and wrong with a convicted, multiple murderer. She's dumb as a box of rocks and will slither back to him when she comes back to town. She has no concept of what a good man is, instead she falls for any criminal with a sob story and a pretty face.

Comment

• O_Snap!
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2009

I loved yesterday's scenes and how unexpected that went. I understood why she was jumping to conclusions and why she was mad so I can't really say her reaction bothered me. I was glad Ben walked out mid-fight, though. I'm rooting for this couple but she had the gas face when he bounced and that cracked me up. I think its good for them to take a break and I'm actually excited to see Ben have some s/l outside of Cin so we see how he behaves himself without being worried about what Ciara will think.

Comment

• Russellgm
              Contract Poster
              • Apr 2018

i think she could have heard him out and stop judging like everyone else in this town. What is he suppose to do starve just because she don't want him working for am Dimera. She knew where he worked and he was willing to quit for her. I don't know if I would have gone that far for her. Until the blackballing wears off or people is willing to give him a chance to prove himself he need to have gainful employment and because her mother is the main reason he is in this situation she should understand him more. He have to make money so he can have somewhere to live and food to eat and I wanted them together but I don't think they are going to be able to make it cause Ben can never get a break in this town and Ciara will be in his face every time someone says one bad thing about Ben.

Comment

• renie
                Recurring Poster
                • Mar 2013

Maybe I was off-base, but Chad told Ben if he let Ciara go, he would re-think hiring Ben. So, was Ben not defending himself so that Ciara would break it off? That's why I think he didn't explain.

Comment

• BBDaysBabe
                  Board Regular
                  • Jul 2017

Ciara would be better off with her childhood sweetheart Theo. I want Kyler Pettis back and I want Theo and Ciara in love and being the super couple I waited years for them to become. Ben is not right for her because she will never trust him and shouldn't. Kidnapping Gabi proved to me that he still doesn't make good choices. I understand he didn't have money but he should have been willing to move away to obtain employment and have Ciara join him later than work for a man like Stefan.

Comment

• dee2
                    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                    • Dec 2015

Ben and giddy Claire conspiring in any way was as ludicrous as a guy of Ben's background and age being with Ciara in the first place.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
                      JackandJenfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ben is 29 and Ciara is 21. Age is irrelevant, especially when the gap is only eight years.
                  • AllBoHope
                    Soap Addict
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by texastrilogy12 View Post
                    This storyline is beyond ridiculous. She's dating a Serial Killer and now shes get's upset over a kidnapping and breaks up. The girl has no standards to begin with and picked the silliest reason to take a stand for what's right and wrong with a convicted, multiple murderer. She's dumb as a box of rocks and will slither back to him when she comes back to town. She has no concept of what a good man is, instead she falls for any criminal with a sob story and a pretty face.
                    Best post on this thread! Makes the most sense of all! People trying to compare Hope's shooting of a monster over a serial killer of innocent people is beyond laughable but seems to be their excuse to praise Ben - Hope's done as bad etc. which is simply NOT so! Mental illness doesn't leave as the excuse for "when" Ben murdered those innocent folks (btw, Stefano was wasn't ever innocent for any crime he committed except the ONE Hope believed he'd committed which she had every right to believe).

Agree with you about Ciara's low standards - how can she overlook serial killing - actually believe they can be reformed - yet be upset with kidnapping & scheming with Claire? She really comes across with no class, taste, or maturity picking THIS to be upset over! I'd much prefer Ciara having a higher bar than this to invest in regardless of "chemistry" & hotness!

Comment

• texastrilogy12
                      texastrilogy12 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just laughed at her getting upset over the kidnapping, she's been sniffing after a Serial Killer for months. Suddenly her standards kicked in because Ben snatching Gabi for Stefan is crossing the line. She's an embarrassment, most people would be running in the opposite direction, instead she wants to him to be her boyfriend and pretend that he's not at fault for what he did and the medication he's taking will keep him from doing it again. This show couldn't make her look at dumber until she marries him and have little serial killer kids.

• Princessnyla
                      Princessnyla commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cin make y’all so mad and it’s funny . Y’all mad about a fictional storyline that you appealing to real life when it’s fiction . Y’all call her unnecessary names or refer to her stupid when this show had rapists and other murders but up in arms about Ben

• JackandJenfan
                      JackandJenfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ben is a murderer. So is Hope. Hope had no right to kill an unarmed, innocent man. No matter how you want to justify her killing.
                  • looktothestars
                    Board Regular
                    • Jun 2013

Ciara has flip flopped in the past so I wasn't surprised. I just loved how Ben responded. I think this will help with Ciara's indecision in the future. She can be reactive and Ben calling it quits will help them and her moving forwards.

Comment

• KJ_Contrarian
                      Board Regular
                      • Nov 2018

It will be interesting to see if Ciara comes back from South Africa with another personality change. Don't count it out. She's been all over the place in this story-line. Very unstable.

In the cabin Ciara was an emotionally tortured but calming presence for Ben (Which seemed to work for this viewer), but here in the break-up scene she showed herself wildly irrational, atomically emotional and as strange as it is to say made the Serial Killer look like the sane one.

Before Ben walked out I could almost see him thinking "Between the way she's acting with me, and the way her Mother Hope is, do I want any part of this?"

Comment

• July Baby
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by renie View Post
                        Maybe I was off-base, but Chad told Ben if he let Ciara go, he would re-think hiring Ben. So, was Ben not defending himself so that Ciara would break it off? That's why I think he didn't explain.
                        Great point and I think you're right. Ben had the chance to tell her he was going to quit when he said he had gone to see Stefan and Ciara asked if it was to tell him he was quitting. He could have simply said "Yes" at that point, but he didn't. Then he could have gone on to say that he found out Chad is in charge now. But he didn't answer her question. Instead, he said Chad is running the company now. So Ciara got the impression that he had no intention to quit the job. I wondered why he didn't just say "Yes" he had gone over there to tell Stefan he was quitting. I forgot about Chad's ultimatum and that's a very good explanation.

Comment

• KJ_Contrarian
                          KJ_Contrarian commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That is certainly possible, but from the look on RSW's face during that scene my take was that Ben was irked by her going off on him and did not want to give her the satisfaction of knowing he listened to her and quit. By that point Ben conceded that he was "Crazy" for thinking this relationship could work. He had thrown in the towel on CIN but at least wanted to keep some sense of pride.

Otherwise, it would be inconsistent for Ben to decide to quit to "Not lose Ciara" but then turn around and risk losing her by staying silent about the quitting just to keep a job with Chad which was not guaranteed. That does not make sense.
                          Last edited by KJ_Contrarian; January 13, 2019, 07:48 AM.
                      • Abby_fan
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Jun 2015

RSW is such a good actor. He and Victoria are so great in scenes to.

No couple is without angst. The make-up will be worth it. Make him work for it Ciara. I am so tired of these women giving in to these men. Ben did right to walk away thought. Why try to explain when Ciara had already made up her mind.

So without Stefan’s security job, no more Ben in those cute
                        suits huh And no more edge

#Cinisendgame

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X