Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel bad for Jennifer

It's like Eric has totally forgotten his relationship with her as soon as he found out that Nicole still loves him. And the fact that he immediately dumped Jennifer to run and find Nicole justifies why it took her a while to tell him the secret - she was afraid of losing him, and for good reason! Jennifer really cares about him, but Eric is showing that Jen was nothing but a placeholder in his life. I just feel bad for her.
    Last edited by auntbee; October 11th, 2018, 11:18 AM.

I feel a little bad for her because she did love him but I also don't feel bad for her because her true love is on the way back so she won't be so heart broken when she is reunited with her true love.

Comment

Originally posted by auntbee View Post
      It's like Eric has totally forgotten his relationship with her as soon as he found out that Nicole still loves him. And the fact that he immediately dumped Jennifer to run and find Nicole justifies why it took her a while to tell him the secret - she was afraid of losing him, and for good reason! Nicole actually cares about him, but Eric is showing that Jen was nothing but a placeholder in his life. I just feel bad for her.
      I agree. I generally love Eric but I'm disappointed in him in this situation (actually in the way he's being written). I get that he never stopped loving Nicole, but I believe he also had strong feelings for Jennifer, and he should at least be torn now between the two. He's acting like he's forgotten completely about Jen and their relationship meant nothing to him. This is OOC for Eric, IMHO. I feel badly for Jen, too.

Comment

• Flowercity79
        Flowercity79 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I thought he genuinely cared for Jen. Hes acting as if he wasnt just engaged like 2 days ago. I'm glad Jen told him the truth I just wish she did it earlier. At least we know Jack is coming back so she wont be hurting for too long

Eric has always been a flake; he did the same with Serena and Nichole; he should have never asked Jenn to marry him and she should have never accepted. I did not hate the pairing like some but I also knew it was not a great love story because Eric seems to be rebounding. I just hope with Nichole not staying long term they don't put Jenn back with Eric it would really make Jenn look pathetic accepting this fool back in her life after he pretty much treated her like nothing when he knew Nichole still loved him.

Comment

I don't know if I feel that bad for her (this isn't her first rodeo). It was always obvious Eric wasn't over Nicole no matter how many times he claimed he was. I feel like their engagement was rushed (because they weren't at that point in their relationship) to make their inevitable breakup and Jennifer's secret seem more of a betrayal. Since Eric is now showing the passion for Nicole that he never felt for Jennifer I'd rather Jennifer get over it quickly (because I never felt like they had this deep of a love - more of a good friendship being forced into a romance). Plus I need to see Jennifer show the sort of passion for Jack on his return that Eric is showing for Nicole (and J&J had a much bigger love story than Ericole)

Comment

• Karen73UK
          Karen73UK commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I have entertained that idea too (but they'll never let it happen). I just want to see her show something..anything after the awfulness of 2011/12. She needs to do it for her character and for J&J. And it needs to start before he actually shows up.

• rpmaluki
          rpmaluki commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. I haven't been a fan of Jennifer in a very long time because of how she's written where Jack is concerned. He has always been entirely devoted to her but I haven't seen that same kind of devotion from her end. After his last return, I'd had enough and wanted a fresh start for Jack. She always gets new love interest while Jack has to suffer a little before she eventually takes him back. I will not stand for a repeat of that nonsense. Not after Daniel (the last straw).

• Karen73UK
          Karen73UK commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it's the fact that even after Jack died she showed no remorse or regret for how she treated him (focusing on how she hurt Daniel by reuniting with Jack). When I hear people say she was redeemed through her drug addiction it annoys me because a redemption requires remorse - but Jennifer is never allowed to be in the wrong where Jack is concerned).I doubt there's any chance she'll actually acknowledge her behaviour when he comes back but I guess that won't stop me from enjoying seeing them onscreen together again.

I don't feel sorry for her. She knew that she was his second choice and he hers.

Comment

I don’t feel bad for Jennifer. She actually knew a long time ago that Nicole loves Eric. When Nicole was leaving town she told Jen that she loves Eric and take care of him. She was drooling over Eric before Nicole was completely out of town. He left Jen for Nicole before, she obviously knew she was second choice.

Comment

My gut tells me that Jennifer is going to do the same thing when Jack re-appears. Neither of these two (Eric & Jen) are very exciting together. They're just temporary filler for each other.

Comment

I am glad she is the winner and is rid of that loser maybe now she can and move on with a man that actually want her and has not been with street walker Nicole. She deserves better than Eric. She should know if he turned his back on God what he would do to her.

Comment

• rpmaluki
                rpmaluki commented
                Editing a comment
                That's incorrect. He hasn't turned his back on God (that implies being angry and resentful towards God and we know he certainly is not). He felt he couldn't serve God with his whole heart after what had happened with Kristen and Nicole.

They both settled for a comfortable (passionless) relationship but it's well known that when they have the true loves of their lives in front of them (Jack and Nicole), whatever current relationship they are in automatically falls away. Jennifer was a lot more aware of the situation than the show cares to point out. Nicole told Eric she didn't love him when she broke up with him but before she left town, she told Jennifer that she still loved Eric and as far as I can remember, Jennifer kept that to herself. She pursued a relationship that already had a shaky foundation knowing Eric didn't have all the facts so any proclamations he made about being "over Nicole" could/were easily be refuted. Finding out about the Deimos confession only confirmed what she feared, that Eric wasn't completely over Nicole. Eric may be a cad for rushing to Nicole's side but Jennifer wasn't entirely clueless to the probability of him doing so. She entered the relationship with her eye wide shut, hoping.

I pray Jennifer finds comfort in the arms of her longtime friend, Roman.

Comment

So who should be paired up with Jennifer next?

1. Jack will always be my first choice
                2. Peter (Blake) DiMera...this would be my number two...to let this guy out of jail....and return him to Salem....he doesn't have to be played by Jason Brooks...they could reach out to the uber-talented Grant Aleksander, formerlly of Guiding Light, to play Peter....Jennifer's single now....Peter could try to convince her he's changed....while getting to know his brother Stefan and helping his sister Kristin with her lunatic antics....he could have a dalliance with Kate now that Andre is dead....he could be paired with Hope.....there's an endless stream of women to pair him with and GA has chemistry with any leading lady he's paired with....
                3. Frankie Brady?

Comment

• rpmaluki
                  rpmaluki commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Peter's character will likely never return to the show because of some bts drama with MR.

I wouldn't mind him returning (with different actor) but in a different pairing.

• GuidingLite
                  GuidingLite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree that Jason Brooks is never likely to return to Days - hence my suggestion of Grant Aleksander in the role.....and it could be a 'downward spiral' story for Jen...the challenges with Abby, with J.J. over the years, the disappointment of her relationship with Eric ending....it all could prompt Jennifer to say 'What the hell' to giving Peter, a supposedly reformed man, a chance....;0)

lt's really good Eric hightailed it to Nicole's. lf he were to be torn between her and Jen, we might have gotten a replay of the awful Dan/Jack period of indecision. lck
                Last edited by Clementine15; October 11th, 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• rpmaluki
                  rpmaluki commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was the absolute worst! I'm still not over it.

Originally posted by auntbee View Post
                It's like Eric has totally forgotten his relationship with her as soon as he found out that Nicole still loves him. And the fact that he immediately dumped Jennifer to run and find Nicole justifies why it took her a while to tell him the secret - she was afraid of losing him, and for good reason! Jennifer really cares about him, but Eric is showing that Jen was nothing but a placeholder in his life. I just feel bad for her.

I agree. Everything he told her was a lie. He never really loved her. He just used her to fill a void in his life. Now that he knows how Nicole really feels Jennifer's feelings don't really matter. After this I don't see how any woman other than Nicole could justify being in a relationship with Eric. They are always gonna come second best to Jennifer.

Comment

I feel sorry for her too! She loved him and knew she would lose him but she told him the truth anyway. I have always liked her.

Comment

Eric used to be the character I cared most about on this show. Not any more.

Comment

• Silentfan
                      Silentfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree. Eric has become a self righteous jerk.

• rpmaluki
                      rpmaluki commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Eric's been self righteous for a very long time, since before he and Jennifer hooked up but it doesn't matter how far you go back in his history, he's never stopping loving Nicole. They've made him incapable of doing it no matter how bad she becomes or however pious he gets at the same time. They don't have an amazing love story where they enjoy being together for five minutes like most couples but that love isn't going to go away any time soon. It was a waste of time for the show to even put him and Jennifer together when we knew Nicole loomed large over them because things weren't truly resolved between him and Nicole. The writers misled those viewers who actually cared for Eric and Jennifer. I on the other hand, wasn't buying any of it, not for a second.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X