Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early EMMYS- Hand them to DAYS & DRAKE now!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early EMMYS- Hand them to DAYS & DRAKE now!

Wow! Days of Our Lives has been on FIRE ever since RC took over! Friday’s episode was one of the best, most heart-felt, truthful episodes I’ve seen on any of the soaps in such a long time.

Drake- Wow! This man is bringing it! He’s had two week of such emotional, raw, brilliant work. He is showing everyone why he was he leading man of DAYS for so long. He truly deserves his work to be recognized with an Emmy award.

DAYS- As a whole, Days truly has been excellent. Since sept 2017, I’ve recognized, cared about, and once again love the show I’ve watched for 35 years. All of the vets (minus Hope) are acting like themselves again! They’re involved in major stories! RC brought back characters, romance, excitement, mystery, comedy, and so much more. He truly gets DAYS. I hope they win best show again because they truly deserve it. Between this past Friday’s show and wedding week, they certainly have plenty of material to submit.

Allison Sweeney- she just gave us another powerhouse performance on Friday. Sami’s scenes with Marlena were beufitfully written and acted. All of their history was shown. I wish she’s return permanently. AS deserves a nomination, if not a win, for supporting actress.
    Carlys #1 Fan
    Contract Poster
    Last edited by Carlys #1 Fan; September 15, 2018, 01:57 PM. Reason: Typos

I have been enjoying Days too. I loved the wedding week. Everything about it was soap-tastic. I couldn't agree more about Allison Sweeney. A powerhouse performance indeed. With a true Sami Brady entrace. It had me laughing, crying and on the edge of my seat. So much good material. This soap fan was very happy.

Comment

^^i’m glad you agree! RC has given us two Sami Brady returns and I’m so happy about that! He really understands Sami. She has awesome scenes with Lucas during her last return. Now she’s been on fire! I hope Allison Sweeney continues to return for longer runs!

Days & their actors have been given Emmy worthy material all year. I hope they are recognized!

Comment

I am with you on the Ali performance. Time for her to get another Emmy nom. I also think GV is deserving again..he is doing incredible work!!!
        I was also impressed with RSW with the Ben scenes in the cabin regarding Clyde earlier..wowza..oh and Eric Martsolf has been crazy good too ..here here for plenty of Days noms this year!!!

Comment

This threads makes me extremely happy and placed a great big Cheshire smile on my face! I have been tooting RC's horn b4 he debut as DOOL HW! I have attended and I have enjoyed all but one of his rodeos! When he and the Show won their Emmy's I was not shocked nor was I surprised! I truly believe unless the Emmy's are cancelled he and the Show will win their 2nd Emmy! As for AS, I have been and I will always be a Samantha Gene fan!

TYVM OP for creating this thread!

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
            Carlys #1 Fan
            Contract Poster
            Carlys #1 Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            I too was excited as soon as RC was hired! I LOVED GH when he was in charge! He gave us tons of returns, awesome excitement, the return of the nurses ball, and so much more. He’s the perfect fit for days!!

I agree with everyone here.

Comment

I couldn't agree more! The acting had been superb and RC has been bringing back popular characters and keeps the stories very interesting. Kudos to him and the actors/ actresses

Comment

My picks for this year (so far)

Best Show- Days of Our Lives

Lead actor- Drake Hogestyn (Peter Bergman/Jack Y&R and Maurice Berndard/Sonny GH will be in this race too)

Lead Actress- Laura Wright (Carly GH). If GH would write for Maura West (Ava), she’d win.

Supporting Actor- this one is up in the air for me and I watch all the soaps. Maybe Brady? Maybe Liam from B&B?

Supporting Actress- Allison Sweeney (Sami) although Michelle Staffors (Nina, GH) could easily win too.

Younger Actor- Chad Duell (Michael, GH)

Younger Actress- Marci Miller (Abby). Her work with the split personalities was excellent

Comment

• wilson2012
                wilson2012
                Day Player
                wilson2012 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think MM will go for best actress rather than younger and I’m pretty sure she is over the age requirement of younger. I think Chandler is a guaranteed nominee for supporting. I hope Drake gets at least a nomination for lead he so deserves it. Martha also for supporting as she’s been phenomenal

Originally posted by Carlys #1 Fan View Post
              My picks for this year (so far)

Best Show- Days of Our Lives

Lead actor- Drake Hogestyn (Peter Bergman/Jack Y&R and Maurice Berndard/Sonny GH will be in this race too)

Lead Actress- Laura Wright (Carly GH). If GH would write for Maura West (Ava), she’d win.

Supporting Actor- this one is up in the air for me and I watch all the soaps. Maybe Brady? Maybe Liam from B&B?

Supporting Actress- Allison Sweeney (Sami) although Michelle Staffors (Nina, GH) could easily win too.

Younger Actor- Chad Duell (Michael, GH)

Younger Actress- Marci Miller (Abby). Her work with the split personalities was excellent
              All four shows have threatened to boycott the Emmys this year if changes weren't made after several issues from last year's Emmy show arose after the fact. I do hope they are resolved because a lot of the actors are doing some of their best work in years, not just on Days, but GH and YnR. Even BnB.

I agree with your choices here Carlys#1Fan, but I think Chad Duell is past the age requirement for Younger and will have to at least go to Supporting. Unfortunately, while it was a lead story, CD and the character of Michael aren't seen as lead actors/characters. And I actually think MB from GH will win Best Actor as a result of this story with his dad Mike being sick.

I would love to see Ali win an Emmy finally! She should have won for Lead Actress the year she was nominated for that, but I just think she submitted the wrong scene/scenes. I mean I get that she was really proud of that episode and everything, but it was not the right episode to land her the Emmy IMHO.

I also think this could be Jacqueline McInnes Wood's year to be nominated for Lead Actress for playing Steffy on Bold and the Beautiful and actually win. If she submits in Supporting Actress, then she will probably win that category.

Like I said, a lot of great work from a lot of the actors from all the shows, so I do hope they get their issues with the Emmy organization straightened out in time.

Comment

• Carlys #1 Fan
                Carlys #1 Fan
                Contract Poster
                Carlys #1 Fan commented
                Editing a comment
                I could easily see Maurice Bernard winning. He is just a fantastic actor and every scene he plays is wonderful.

• wilson2012
                wilson2012
                Day Player
                wilson2012 commented
                Editing a comment
                Such a shame GH doesn’t air in Australia

Drake deserves the award. Every time he is on the show during Marlena's crisis I actually cry. He is doing an amazing job!

Comment

I find Drakes over acting and his over acting face expressions comical...(obviously the minority there...) Now MM did a great job with the split story line... Now she is back to boring but that's the writing not the acting.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X