Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Marlena

Marlena is taken off her ventilator and miraculously comes back to life--or so most of her loved ones think; John and Roman come up with a plan after Belle comes forward with her mother's advance directive, saying she doesn't want any Heroics or whatever to keep her life; Kayla tries to do the right thing, but this is so murky and a real dilemma for her; Marlena is one of her closest friends. Sometimes you've got to step out of your box and go with your heart, even thought this certainly puts Kayla's career in jeopardy; The plan is a doozy, John, Roman, Kayla orchestrate a switcheroo that keeps Marlena hooked up to the machine that's sustaining her, while her look-alike, Hattie, takes her place; Hattie agrees to go alone, with the scheme, since it means getting out of jail. Filing Marlena's shoes quickly proves to be a lot for Hattie to handle; "Marlena" has some choice words for both Sami and Belle; "Marlena" rips into Belle for insisting on pulling the lug and almost killing her; John mediates and gets Hattie to apologize;

Source: SOD

Yay!! I am loving this. We have already had great acting from Drake and now Deidre gets to do double duty again (I love watching her be Hattie)!! And love that John and Roman....both Marlena's biggest loves are working together to save her. And just happy that Roman has been given more story. About time. Now find him a good woman (someone NEW) to help him run the pub!!!

Comment

So I guess the soaps.com, one of the rumors are true....it was sort of off too...

Comment

This is too outlandish. Kayla's job is going to be screwed.

Comment

Here we go again with RC writing for nothing more than shock value! This is nuts and of course, involves another doppelganger story. Does RC have anything else in his arsenal, besides DID and doppelganger stories?? It seems NOT!!

Comment

• dee2
            dee2
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            It seems to be all he knows how to write. The Ben/Ciara stuff is proof of that. Now, this?

• Minnesotalover
            Minnesotalover
            Day Player
            Minnesotalover commented
            Editing a comment
            Hattie is a huge part of days history and DH loves playing her so it’s always great when she gets to, this is classic soap opera stuff

• dee2
            dee2
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            And I like the Hattie stuff, usually, but this is an insult to what went before in this story.

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
          Here we go again with RC writing for nothing more than shock value! This is nuts and of course, involves another doppelganger story. Does RC have anything else in his arsenal, besides DID and doppelganger stories?? It seems NOT!!
          Don't forget characters paralyzed so they can "leave town".

Comment

Woot woot I'm loving this. True days style from the JER era I love rc he brings days back to the buzz worthy stories

Comment

Yasss love it!!! Can't wait to see Hattie rip into Belle lol

Comment

This is the stupidest idea ! I know this soap is out and don’t mind it that much but they ruin what could have been legitimate differences into another carnival .

Comment

This whole story is ridiculous. The ventilator is temporary until they heal the sepsis. That doesn’t fall into the advance directive category. If the doctors said there was no hope for recovery, then the AD would come into play. But they haven’t said that. She’s not brain dead. She’s fighting an infection and needs the ventilator to breathe for her so her body can rest and heal. They would do the same for a critical pneumonia patient. They wouldn’t just let them die of pneumonia. This is just an example of the writers writing what they want and not what the viewers want.

Comment

• lndailey
                    lndailey
                    Recurring Poster
                    lndailey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    THANK YOU!!!! OMG I am so glad someone said it! I wasn't watching much after the shooting but couldn't remember if she ever coded after coming out of her surgery and they called a Code Blue on her, which would put the advance directive would come into play but if she was on the vent post surgery and now just has to heal and she has a chance of recovery and living life off the vent then the advance directive does not come into play. I mean, geesh- just go get an emergency stay from a judge and then fight it out in court until she recovers- that's what my patient's families do

• backheidi
                    backheidi
                    Contract Poster
                    backheidi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you. I did not understand the whole ventilator thing either but it seems these days they do not want to be bothered keeping any one alive if they think they will be in the hospital too long....or it will cost too much money to save them....sorry but especially if a patient is older....that is the way it seems. I find it hard to believe Marlena would have meant no ventilator....her brain is still working!!

• heartlady56
                    heartlady56
                    Day Player
                    heartlady56 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have been screaming the same thing! Especially when Bell asked Kayla how long she could be like that and Kayla said...forever. It's and infection for pity sakes and it will either heal or she will die for the infection. No need for the AD

And just HOW are John, Roman and Kayla able to break Hattie out of jail is such a short amount of time and switch her with Marlena without ANYONE noticing?

Comment

While it sounds like a fun idea, to me it seems way too "soap opera" for my taste. I'm getting a little tired of these shocker developments that go way beyond normality - they seem to be reaching too high and far to keep us entertained and to provide good "drama".

Comment

Wouldn’t it have been easier for Kayla to just get rid of the paperwork with Belle gave it to her?

Comment

While I am looking forward to 'Marlena ' ripping into Sami and Belle, this is to ridiculous even by Day's standards ( or lack thereof). It would have been better just to have Marlena slowly wake up.

Comment

So how much do you want to bet that the whole purpose of Marlena getting shot was so that he could shoehorn Hattie back into the show.

Comment

• Silentfan
                          Silentfan
                          Soap Addict
                          Silentfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well Hattie and Bonnie, as written by Ron are complete and utter jokes, and very bad jokes at that.

• Minnesotalover
                          Minnesotalover
                          Day Player
                          Minnesotalover commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hattie And Bonnie ate being written as Hattie and Bonnie they have always been like this

• Silentfan
                          Silentfan
                          Soap Addict
                          Silentfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bonnie had Mimi though to balance out the humour and I can’t wait till Mimi comes back because Bonnie will probably be more tolerable than. As for Hattie, she was meant to be temporary, but because Ron loves his comedy, she keeps coming back and I was amused by her at first, but the only joke is “Look how different than Marlena she is! Laugh!”.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X