Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Daughter Shoots Marlena, Another Wants to Finish the Job!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Daughter Shoots Marlena, Another Wants to Finish the Job!

Belle goes on and on blaming Sami for Marlena's shooting, but she wants to pull the plug on her mom who has only been on a ventilator for a few days? A tad hypocritical Belle. And kinda ironic.

Didn't Eric shoot Marlena?

I mean I hate Sami as much as the next person but Eric is more to blame here....

Comment

Blaming Belle is ridiculous. That's like saying Marlena must want to commit suicide because she made a living will. Since WE know Marlena won't linger for 30 years as a 'vegetable,' as some people would cruelly say, of course the viewers are thinking "Belle is horrible for even thinking about respecting her mother's wishes and pulling the plug," but Belle the character doesn't know that Deidre Hall has a contract and so Marlena will recover very soon and have no lasting ramifications from being shot and on a ventilator for days. By considering ALL possibilities, Belle is doing just what her mother wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by knotsfan View Post
        Blaming Belle is ridiculous. That's like saying Marlena must want to commit suicide because she made a living will. Since WE know Marlena won't linger for 30 years as a 'vegetable,' as some people would cruelly say, of course the viewers are thinking "Belle is horrible for even thinking about respecting her mother's wishes and pulling the plug," but Belle the character doesn't know that Deidre Hall has a contract and so Marlena will recover very soon and have no lasting ramifications from being shot and on a ventilator for days. By considering ALL possibilities, Belle is doing just what her mother wanted.
        You are correct. These are Marlena's wishes - NOT Belles. I believe Belle is acting like a daughter more than a lawyer.

Comment

I signed an Advanced Directive years ago - my family better damn sure honor it. And while I think Sami is a quart low I don't think she intentionally shot her mother. I don't think she should have dragged herself into a wedding to stop Kristen's plan - she should have called for law enforcement help.
          CincyLady
          Aspiring soap scribe
          Last edited by CincyLady; September 13, 2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• cookie222
            cookie222
            Soap Addict
            cookie222 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have one too,I made out years ago.

• sonia
            sonia
            Senior Board Member
            sonia commented
            Editing a comment
            Hiw could she call law enforcement when she wad drugged out of her mind. Who would believe her. She did the right thing, if she didn’t Kristen would have offed Marlena already.

I must disagree. Sami was drugged, wasn't responsible for actions and Eric jumped her. All contributed to that shooting.

Belle is behaving like a loving daughter respecting the wishes her mother took the time to put in writing and to formalize in a legal document.

I get John doesn't like it but he needs to stop berating her. She is in misery but she is doing what I would expect my family to do for me.

Comment

• dee2
            dee2
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            dee2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would just expect, and it is what I have directed, that more than one doctor state with as much sureness
            as a human can have, that there is no hope for me. Being on a ventilator for awhile is not an uncommon
            event. Belle reacted much too fast.

• July Baby
            July Baby
            Aspiring soap scribe
            July Baby commented
            Editing a comment
            Dee, I agree with you that Belle reacted much too fast. I don't get why she is so hellbent on doing this immediately. I was also surprised that Kayla didn't tell her that she didn't have to decide so quickly, that they should wait and see how Marlena responds to the medication. That would have bought a little time before going to Seth Burns. The whole thing seems so rushed and unrealistic to me. It's as if we missed a few weeks of Marlena being on the ventilator, but we know it's been only a day.

Roman and John’s argument is ridiculous. Marlena couldn’t have seen this coming? Well duh ! This is why you make the decision ahead of time. I understand the emotional aspect but ganging up on Belle is cruel . I just hope Marlena stands up for Belle when this is done.

Comment

That line and Drakes ever shifting face made me bust out laughing!

Comment

• Emerald Greens
              Emerald Greens
              Aspiring soap scribe
              Emerald Greens commented
              Editing a comment
              And it was Marlena that had it done and named Belle . I do understand the emotions but two grown men who that have done all they have should understand that’s why people do this . You don’t know what will happen. The writing for that was ridiculous. I know should feel bad for John but there is something distracting about how acts I am not really feeling it .

Belle on the other hand ! Just give MM the Emmy!

I think that Marlena was accidentally shot and that Sami and Eric are both just as responsible for that. I think that Belle is doing the right thing. She is doing what Marlena requested, not just doing what she wants to do because Marlena can't speak for herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Katy H View Post
              I think that Marlena was accidentally shot and that Sami and Eric are both just as responsible for that. I think that Belle is doing the right thing. She is doing what Marlena requested, not just doing what she wants to do because Marlena can't speak for herself.
              Eric charged Sami like a bull while she was facing John and Marlena. Now, we'll leave out the fact that Paul (theoretically trained by John) had multiple chances to grab the gun while Sami was aiming at nobody. Eric tackled Sami not while she was facing Kristen, Brady, or the empty seats in the back corner, but while she was facing her mother. Who, by the way, John was partially using as a human shield. Great man she's got there.

As for Belle, she's playing lawyer and ignoring daughter. Though I'm really confused by this ventilator thing since they said it was just to give her body rest and a chance to fight off the infection. Regardless, it's true enough that Belle couldn't wait to run to Kayla. Didn't even want to tell John first. Belle was being an unreasonable *insert vicious word here* with Sami, acting like she didn't see how the entire wedding went down. It was like Kristen pulled out that thing from Men in Black and wiped everyone's memories, replacing what really happened with a different version. But in this part, she's doing what she's obligated to do as a lawyer.

I'm just surprised Eric didn't snatch those papers and bolt to the nearest shredder. After all, Salem University hospital has not embraced technology advancements at all. Clearly without that piece of paper they have no record.

Comment

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post
                I'm just surprised Eric didn't snatch those papers and bolt to the nearest shredder. After all, Salem University hospital has not embraced technology advancements at all. Clearly without that piece of paper they have no record.
                Wow. Marlena made a legal document saying she didn't want to be kept on a ventilator, and you think her family should ignore her wishes? Now I understand 100% why Marlena didn't ask John to be the executor- she wanted someone who would respect and follow her wishes. She obviously knew John wouldn't do that so she named Belle instead.

Comment

Eric shot Marlena, and Belle wants to finish the job. Sami is the one who wanted to save Marlena!

Comment

How is it that no one is questioning Marlena's living will? How do we know this is legit, & not something Kristin set up? Kristin drugged Sami out of her mind so she could barely function, & stand up. She could've rigged the gun so that a slight jerk would cause the gun to go off.

She could've planted forged documents so that if Marlena or John were shot, & barely clinging to life there would be a document set up for them. I mean why wouldn't Marlena confide in someone about this? This came out of left field.

Comment

I just don't understand what the rush is. Belle seems hell-bent on having the machines turned off NOW, without consulting any of the others of M's family, Sami, Carrie, Will, Claire or even caring what they might be feeling. What I think John and Justin need to do ASAP is get a court injunction delaying the directive.

Comment

Originally posted by mckinnb View Post
                      I just don't understand what the rush is. Belle seems hell-bent on having the machines turned off NOW, without consulting any of the others of M's family, Sami, Carrie, Will, Claire or even caring what they might be feeling. What I think John and Justin need to do ASAP is get a court injunction delaying the directive.
                      Exactly at least give enough time for her friends and loved ones to say goodbye! What the hell is Belle's problem? What is the big rush? What difference does it make if the machines are turned of today or a week from now? Smh Belle needs to go back under that rock she crawled from I am so over her and her b.s

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X