Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't Bonnie too old?

I kind of thought Bonnie was around 50 years old. I don't think the baby is her's.

And not to mention Judi Evans is like 54 years old. It’s just ludicrous

Comment

It's not common, but it is possible to get pregnant after 50 even without medical assistance. Age at menopause and rate of egg atrophy vary between women. It is very rare to have a successful pregnancy after 45, but not at all impossible.

Comment

My aunt had a baby when she was 50...it was quite a surprise to her and her family but we love that boy!

Comment

Originally posted by rkm137 View Post
          It's not common, but it is possible to get pregnant after 50 even without medical assistance. Age at menopause and rate of egg atrophy vary between women. It is very rare to have a successful pregnancy after 45, but not at all impossible.
          Nothing is impossible in a soap opera!

Comment

Originally posted by lasagna View Post
            I kind of thought Bonnie was around 50 years old. I don't think the baby is her's.
            Judy Evans is in her early 50's and I'm not sure exactly what age Bonnie is supposed to be. I think it has to do more with Bonnie being a manipulator and doing anything to get what she wants. Not so much about her age. Even if she were younger, she's not exactly honest...

Comment

Let's not ignore the fact that Bonnie has at least 3 kids, Patrick being in his mid 40s. So clearly she's well over 50. This baby bit is just annoying.

Comment

Janet jacksJa had a baby at 50 Brigette neilson at 54. Revea on gl at 60 Marlena was pregnant in 06 in her 50s. It's a soap I don't really look at soaps for realistic storylines all the time. It's a genere where the impoaimpos is possible

Comment

Honestly, the writers will go to any length for a 'story'. This is right there with back from the dead, switching dna/paternity tests, unknown children showing up, etc. - not likely.

Comment

didnt viv get pregnant in her mid fifties ? with Victors kid lol you have to suspend you belief in reality for the sake of enjoyment!

Comment

Doesn't happen too often at that age but possible...I looked in guniness bor and was amazed at the ages they had of women having babies...

Comment

Originally posted by renie View Post

Nothing is impossible in a soap opera!
                        Exactly! Viewers accept characters coming back from the dead, literally being brought back to life after being in the morgue and declared dead and having loved ones crying over their dead bodies (hi Will, he's about the hundredth resurrected dead character) but God forbid there's a story line where a woman in her 50s has a baby, it just can't be! It's too unbelievable! Are the viewers questioning this new to soaps? They need to draw the line somewhere and it's not at being brought back from the dead, it's giving birth over the age of 50.

Maybe I'm just so used to "highly unlikely" things happening on soaps after watching for so many years, so this Bonnie story line doesn't bother me.

Santana
                        Scriptwriter
                        Last edited by Santana; September 11, 2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Why the Hell doesn't Lucas call Bonnie's bluff? He should tell her he'll keep the baby while she serves her prison term. The end.

Comment

• december rose
                            december rose
                            Soap Addict
                            december rose commented
                            Editing a comment
                            EXACTLY! Having a baby doesn't get you out of prison. Social Services would be happy to have the father take the kid rather than put the child in foster care.

^^And being a mother of a young baby isn't going to exempt Bonnie from going back to prison to serve the rest of her sentence, even if more time isn't added on to her sentence. The only thing that SHOULD get Bonnie out of prison is Mimi coming back and admitting that she killed her father in self defense and Bonnie is innocent of the crime for which she is serving time. It might be good if they could get Justin to represent Mimi or Bonnie.

Comment

This is what I don't get: In one scene, we get complete realism: Chloe talks about dealing with health inspectors because two people were locked in the restaurant's freezer; in the next we have a woman in her 60s getting pregnant naturally, during a one-night stand. This is why Days annoys me.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X