Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Directive

Did I miss the part where they determined that Marlena is brain dead?

No you did not because Marlena is not brain dead at all she is in a coma that is all their is still a chance she could wake up.

Comment

Health Directives have nothing to do with "brain death". They merely state that NO artificial means (her ventilator) will be used to prolong life.

Comment

Originally posted by TV Man View Post
        Health Directives have nothing to do with "brain death". They merely state that NO artificial means (her ventilator) will be used to prolong life.
        Yeah....that would include anything the hospital does.

Comment

Originally posted by IGoToXS View Post

Yeah....that would include anything the hospital does.
          Yup, Belle should get them to put that bullet back in.
          I would think that there's a difference between keeping the person alive during the initial treatment and keeping them alive for years when their initial injury has healed.

Comment

• Cat women
            Cat women
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            Cat women commented
            Editing a comment
            Health Directives specifically deal with ventilators, feeding tubes and CPR. Surgery to try to save someone's life is one thing, but if they need extrodinary means to be kept alive, some people opt not to do it.

I like this s/l because just like in RL family members often don't agree how much medical intervention to use, or when to stop.
            Cat women
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            Last edited by Cat women; September 10, 2018, 08:43 PM.

Originally posted by mlauenstein View Post

Yup, Belle should get them to put that bullet back in.
          I would think that there's a difference between keeping the person alive during the initial treatment and keeping them alive for years when their initial injury has healed.
          Taking the bullet out has nothing to do with advanced directives/DNRs. They only apply to prolonging life by artificial means like a ventilator. In other words, if a machine is keeping you alive and you decide you don't want that, then you document that. I just did one. I said at least 2 doctors had to say that I would not get better while hooked up to machines to mechanize my bodily functions.

Comment

Not a Belle fan but she crushed it today. You could feel now torn she was between the role of daughter and attorney.

Comment

• Santorini99
              Santorini99
              Board Regular
              Santorini99 commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought Martha Madison did a great job. Plus how awesome was it to see Greg Vaughan's Eric playing against Belle. They rarely have scenes together. This is the Days that I like. The one that honors family trees and supposed history. Great job for both actors.

• CallAboutTheCat
              CallAboutTheCat
              Soap Addict
              CallAboutTheCat commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree to both comments! Belle and Eric were amazing today.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X