• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

Gabi Has PTSD....

It looks like, basing from the story, Gabi has PTSD. She has been thru a lot.
  • karebr13
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2010

She could very well have it. Some people don't get diagnosed with it right away. I know people who have gone years without being diagnosed with the disease when they had it. We may not find out that she has it until after the baby is born and the show tries to redeem her a little bit.

Comment

• tiff5555
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

karebr13 No silly I was talking about the real Gabi Hernandez....I thought Abby was diagnosed with it in 2016. You could be right too with Abby. The woman too, has suffered.

Comment

• anitalyfe
        Recurring Poster
        • Mar 2018

At this point they are working overdrive to keep Abby the victim and make Gabi the big bad. So they probably won't give her PTSD. But I don't care.

I'm kinda hoping she grows a tail, turns red, and breathes fire. If they're gonna make her so awful they mine as well go all in.

Comment

• maiz
          maiz commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. If she's going to be the sacrificial lamb for Chabby, might as well have her settle all scores.
      • KatLovesSoaps
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2016

After everything she's been through it would make sense BUT only Abby is allowed the free pass of acting due to struggling with a disorder. Heck, even other characters with disorders that have been acknowledged *cough cough* Ben.

It will be this way until Abby finally does us a favor and leaves town. Thankfully we won't have to wait forever.

Comment

• Chabby lover
          Contract Poster
          • Jun 2018

There is nothing wrong with Gabi she has always been this deceitful way she does not have PTSD or anything wrong with her she is sane and has decided to be her cruel vindictive self she has always been and will always be. Gabi has always been this way that is why she is never going to be a good friend she likes to go after the friends she has with friends like Gabi who needs enemies.

Comment

• lagirl
            lagirl commented
            Editing a comment
            After all Gabi has been through how could she could out of it sane?
        • CallAboutTheCat
          Soap Addict
          • Sep 2015

I think it makes life easier not to state anything as a fact until the show has stated it's a fact.

If Marlena diagnoses Gabi with PTSD in 6 months and everyone decides that that excuses her current actions, great.

But there has been no suggestion onscreen that Gabi has PTSD. In any way, shape, or form. Right now, Gabi's only diagnosis is being a bitter, vengeful human wrecking ball.

Comment

• Beca Drags
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Apr 2005

Right now Gabi doesn't appear to be suffering from anything, but petty envy. She's thinking clearly. She's made it clear, she's knows what she's doing is wrong, but she just doesn't care and is choosing to impose evil on Abby anyway. She's putting her suffering above doing what's right. That's a conscious choice, but I won't be shocked if PTSD is what they give her, at the end of this to redeem her.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
              JackandJenfan commented
              Editing a comment
              What is Gabi jealous of?

• tiff5555
              tiff5555 commented
              Editing a comment
              I feel you! JackandJenfan I see her pissed off that Abby never got her consequences. It is sad...but sadly thou, Abby is going to win in the end.

• Beca Drags
              Beca Drags commented
              Editing a comment
              I see Gabi envious and jealous of Abby, NOT because she didn't suffer jail consequences, but because Abby has the love of the man Gabi has always wanted. Does Gabi want him back? I don't know, not completely sure, but she doesn't want Abby to have him, because that means Abby will have happiness if she continues to have Chad's love. Even with Gabi's manipulations, Chad is still not giving up on Abby or their marriage.
          • knotsfan
            Senior Board Member
            • May 2017

Gabi could absolutely have PTSD- it's very common. Certainly more common than DID! Anyone who was sent to prison for a crime they didn't commit, and was nearly beaten to death, would likely have PTSD. I don't know why that would be hard for anyone to believe.

Comment

• karebr13
              karebr13 commented
              Editing a comment
              We can't forget all the stuff that Nick put her through before she killed him and who knows what the character went through in prison while she was serving time for killing Nick. Some people don't even know that they suffer from PTSD until they get diagnosed with it. Gabi so far hasn't been to a psychiatrist for all the drama that she has suffered through in her life. It wouldn't surprise me if she went to Marlena for help with dealing with all the stuff that she has been put through in the past 6 months that we find out that she does have some kind of PTSD. Unfortunately Marlena is tied up in a coma right now and won't be available to treat anyone for quite some time.

• klmoon
              klmoon commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree with both of you. Plus Gabi has no real family to support her. Rafe is basically useless. He appears once every six mths when Hope allows him to give Gabi a pep talk then when Gabi calls him he looks to Hope like am I allowed to answer this? Who would notice if she has PTSD and advise her to get help? Ari? Sonny, who's too busy chasing Will?
          • tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

^ karebr13 You hit the nail thru the roof with Nick! Nick almost...or actually did tried to rape Gabi. Even Julie is not processing that. Then we have the Abby mess that took her to jail. It's some powerful stuff. Gabi is not in her right mind....she thinks revenge will solve everything. But my dear Gabi, it does not!....I also think she has not gotten over Chad. The girl was madly in love with him. Poor Gabi, you need a hug

Comment

• texastrilogy12
              Recurring Poster
              • Apr 2018

Sometimes people are just pissed off and want revenge. Not everything has to be because of a mental illness. She simply is being vindictive and spiteful because she got screwed over and she wants to get back at those who she think is responsible for her pain.

Comment

• ckg1
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Jan 2009

Gabi just needs to get rid of Chabby from her life. It’s the only way she can actually be better in her mind overall. She is under distress, but it’s not mental illness that she can’t get over with professional counseling sessions. Abby’s problems...well that’s another story.

The rightful bitterness and anger that Gabi is holding inside cannot be healthy. So with that said, I’m waiting for this garbage to end. Anything they had as friends is obviously over! It’s time for everyone to move on. Chabby needs to be on there own for five minutes on this show so I can FF them. If Ben can be Chabby free and in a pairing I love...Cin, then so can Gabi!!
                Last edited by ckg1; September 8, 2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Troy44
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2014

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
                  I think it makes life easier not to state anything as a fact until the show has stated it's a fact.

If Marlena diagnoses Gabi with PTSD in 6 months and everyone decides that that excuses her current actions, great.

But there has been no suggestion onscreen that Gabi has PTSD. In any way, shape, or form. Right now, Gabi's only diagnosis is being a bitter, vengeful human wrecking ball.
                  But aren't you stating something as a fact in the blooded? II' just asking because I haven't seen the show state as a fact either.

Personally I think a case can be made that Gabi is suffering some kind of mental break. Maybe it's inaccurate to slap the "PTSD" label on it but I think there is something going on with her. I'm talking about the talking to herself. the flashes of anger like throwing the glass at Stefan, and going off on Kate in the park. Then there are more vague things like Rafe telling Hope that Gabi is "definitely not okay." and Abigail getting the "weird vibes>" Things that suggest to me anyway there is more to this then Gabi is "really, really mad" or "Prue evil."

Naturally this is just my opinion I could be wrong. That's not very likely of course, but it has been known to happen.

Comment

• Whiskey_Sour
                    Board Regular
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

And this right here is why I will never accept Abby as having PTSD or DID. It was poorly written and clearly just an excuse to keep Abby pure as the driven snow. Not buying it, not accepting it. Abby is a monster.

Comment

• KatLovesSoaps
                      KatLovesSoaps commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you! The way certain Abby fans are sooooo quick to dismiss what Gabi could be going through. I'm calling bs on Abby too. Abby's only diagnosis is being a pitiful sorry excuse for a human being. I can't wait to see the back of her.

• ALoyalSoapFan
                      ALoyalSoapFan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ICAM! I'm also waiting for the day to see the back of her as I wave good-bye, good riddance to bad rubbish!
                  • ALoyalSoapFan
                    Soap Addict
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Whiskey_Sour View Post

And this right here is why I will never accept Abby as having PTSD or DID. It was poorly written and clearly just an excuse to keep Abby pure as the driven snow. Not buying it, not accepting it. Abby is a monster.
                    ICAM! Truer words were NEVER written! I will proudly co-sign and like if possible! Actually, as far as, I'm concerned, Abby is an evil, vindictive, malicious and so much more, monster!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X