X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

The symptoms that Gabi is having, seems to be PTSD. She does not understand the full truth. What Diane did, was very brutal! What Abby did, it can not be processed in Gabi's mind. What Gabi is doing to Abby, is also the form of PTSD. When Gabi wakes up, she will feel remorseful.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      What? Gabi's awake. She knows what Abby did and the "punishment" she received. It's fully processed. That is why she is mad. Abby's personality split to Gabby for a reason. It's not symptoms. Gabi is pissed at what Stefan and Abby and her enabler, Chad, did.

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gabi is angry because Abby got away with murder. All this anguish is not making Gabi see clearly. She almost did when JJ did say something nice to her. I believe when things comes crashing down, Gabi will be awake and see what she is doing to CHABBY, but most importantly, herself!
  • BradyG
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2010

There's nothing unfortunate about it tiff5555. Abby is innocent. She's not the one trying to destroy innocent lives, one being an innocent unborn baby.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Do I think Gabi is going too far with drugging Abby? Yes. Do I support it? No. Do I think the writers are taking it too far to make sure Abby is the put upon, tortured victim? Yes. Gabi is a victim as well. She suffered worse for something she didn't do.

• ALoyalSoapFan
      ALoyalSoapFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Do I think Gabi is going too far with drugging Abby? Yes. Do I support it? No. Do I think the writers are taking it too far to make sure Abby is the put upon, tortured victim? Yes. Gabi is a victim as well. She suffered worse for something she didn't do
      ICAM and I will proudly co-sign and like if possible! Well, actually I do NOT and I will never consider or pretend to consider that Abby is a victim! A victim of what? Everything Gabriella is doing to her, although, I'm not condoning it is bc of what Abby inflicted upon her, mentally, verbally and emotionally! Abby is NOT innocent, not by a long shot! When she returned from the "undead" she should have gone to therapy and taken her meds! That's exactly why she is mentally insane and has DID! Instead of going on a luxury resort for two weeks and returning insta-cured mentally and insta-integrated, by the same grandmother that cured her mental insanity, she should have been in a institution for the criminally insane and seen by qualified professional psychiatrists that's licensed in mental insanity and DID!
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

Abby is not innocent in this situation! Neither is Gabi. Unfortunately, on Days, Abby will come out as a shining star. And then, CHABBY might sail off in the sunset. And Gabi will get her redemption story or a new story.

Comment

• BradyG
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
      Abby is not innocent in this situation! Neither is Gabi. Unfortunately, on Days, Abby will come out as a shining star. And then, CHABBY might sail off in the sunset. And Gabi will get her redemption story or a new story.
      How is Abby not innocent when she's the one that's going to be drugged by Gabi? Neither Abby or her baby deserve what Gabi is about to do.
      Last edited by BradyG; September 10, 2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• CincyLady
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Sep 2005

The writers are obviously making Gabi the bad guy here - I assume to make the "reunion" for Chad and Abby (who are both leaving apparently) more delightful for their supporters. I say it this way because there are some people, like me, who don't really give a hoot about this couple any more but, of course, don't want to see a baby harmed with whatever drug they're planning to use. It's been overcooked. Hopefully they can also write Gabi out of the corner they've painted her into.

Comment

• ckg1
          ckg1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Could not agree more. Chabby angst reunions are overdone and played out. So ridiculous and overrated.

• ALoyalSoapFan
          ALoyalSoapFan commented
          Editing a comment
          ICAM! Characters must be destroyed so C&A will have their happy reunion! It's long played out and extremely overdone and I'm sick of it!
      • Blondie18
        Contract Poster
        • May 2014

Gabi has absolutely no symptoms of PTSD. She doesn’t have it. All she is filled with is hate. She is justified to feel anger and hurt over what happened to her but she should understand that it wasn’t Abby’s fault and not bc she was ill but bc she had absolutely no awareness or control over what she was doing. Some people may say that’s it’s not an excuse but actually it is. It’s the truth. Gabi needs to understand that and move on. And if she still can’t understand that then she needs just remove Abby from her life. But she is in no way justified to take all these extremes to ruin Abby. Lying about the paternity, was one thing but now she is about to drug her and put an innocent life at risk? Gabi is evil pure and simple. If she does this she deserves to be in jail and this time for good.

Comment

• ckg1
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Blondie18 View Post
          Gabi has absolutely no symptoms of PTSD. She doesn’t have it. All she is filled with is hate. She is justified to feel anger and hurt over what happened to her but she should understand that it wasn’t Abby’s fault and not bc she was ill but bc she had absolutely no awareness or control over what she was doing. Some people may say that’s it’s not an excuse but actually it is. It’s the truth. Gabi needs to understand that and move on. And if she still can’t understand that then she needs just remove Abby from her life. But she is in no way justified to take all these extremes to ruin Abby. Lying about the paternity, was one thing but now she is about to drug her and put an innocent life at risk? Gabi is evil pure and simple. If she does this she deserves to be in jail and this time for good.
          Well as far we know, CB is staying on so I don’t think jail for a long sentence would be happening. I suppose when it’s all discussed in the end that Gabi feels her life has been ruined and messed with in significant ways then Gabi may not be sent away. I do see that Gabi has lost it, she feels Abby never pays which is true. Gabi feels like she has been wronged and she has to be left barren. Abby has driven Gabi to a place of completes distress and feels her life is ruined. Do you really think Gabi is ok now? I hope she also gets some help after what Abby has done to her. If Abby can set fires at mental hospitals, and almost kill older women as a criminally insane person, why is it different for Gabi after getting beaten by a prison gang and can’t bear a child, all thanks to that madwoman Abby?!!

Comment

• karebr13
            karebr13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Flowercity79, Christopher Sean said the exact same thing when he booked the lead in the new Star Wars animated series and then the next thing we know a month after he landed the lead in the series it was announced that he was leaving. He was all over twitter insisting that he was staying with Days and he is now gone. There is no reason for me to believe that the same thing could happen with Camilla especially with KM and BF supposedly leaving the show even though we don't know for sure yet if Chad and Abby are definitely going to be gone with BF and KM. They could just recast the characters again but if the characters do leave then there is a very good chance that Gabi could be written out too since the show seems intent on keeping her in Chabby's orbit. I hope that CB doesn't leave when her contract is up but I just don't trust that she will be staying long term especially since she is landing quite a few movie and primetime roles which could be good for her career.

• tiff5555
            tiff5555 commented
            Editing a comment
            karebr13 yeah, I was thinking the same thing yesterday ^ Christopher said the same thing and then, decided to leave. Guy Wilson covered his up....I checked on Camila IG, she seems to like what her STAR co-workers are saying of her....also, STAR tends to give few shootings so Camila might not stay there much longer....hmmm....

• Troy44
            Troy44 commented
            Editing a comment
            @karebert13 Christopher Shan had most likely finished recording the first seasons of "Stat Wars: Resistance:" long before the cast list was released. The way those shows are usually produced is the voice actors record then the animation is done. So I very much doubt that show has anything to do with him leaving "Days"." But still your point about not totally relying on the actors saying they aren't leaving is a good one.

Still I tend to do think we don't have anything to worry about. I admit I was a bit worried when I read that her role on "Star" was going to be recurring. Then I realized then when she was renegotiated her contract with "Days" her reps were probably in talks with the producers of "Star" as well and they came to an accommodation. Camila has been doing independent films since she came back in 2015 and had recurring role on "Mistresses" during what turned out to be it's final season. So Camila doing other projects is noting new.

As far as the Chad and Abigail situation is concerned I think if the characters of Chad and Abigail are indeed leaving the show and just the actors then then seriously depletes the vital late-to-early twenties demographic on the show. Who would be left? Ben, Ciara, Claire. Gabi and JJ. Ben, Ciara, Claire, and Trip seem to be forming to a quad and Jj is related to both Claire and Ciara anyway. So keeping Gabi around is more important then ever.

But you're right things could change. Right it could that as far as Camila is saying that she's staying because as far she knows she is. That might not be the same situation a couple of months from now. But as I said in another post for some reason people have been speculating that Camila was leaving the show the very day she came back. LOL So personally I'm not too worried about it.
        • icyblue2034
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Blondie18 View Post
          If you go back through the scenes, you can point directly to the point that she broke. This isn't out of nowhere. We were shown Gabi having a mental break after being subjected to too much at the hands of Stefan and Abigail. Now, the show probably won't address it since precious little Abigail is the only one allowed to use her mental health issues as an excuse for her crimes. But the simple fact is, it was shown that everything that happened to Gabi caused more suffering than she could handle. But of course, Gabi doesn't get the special treatment like Abigail does.

If Gabi is evil, so is Abigail. Period.

Comment

• lovelydtc
            Board Regular
            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

But by the time Abby burned Ben in the bed, the writers had clearly shown her mental state spiraling downhill for weeks, most clearly in her repeated hallucinations of Ben at her house. She kept seeing him when he wasn't really there -- taunting her, holding Thomas, trying to take Thomas away -- then she'd scream for help, and Chad (and others, like JJ) would show up, and it was clear to them that she was not right in the head. By the time Ben actually showed up, in April 2016, she was so desperate to make his tormenting stop, and to protect herself and Thomas from him, that she tried to kill him herself. This wasn't vengeance -- it was pure desperation and self-preservation. When she got angry at Chad for stopping her, Chad said "I couldn't let you kill him. You'd regret it for the rest of your life." Abby said, "At least I'd have a life. He's going to kill me." This was a woman who was not only mentally ill, but convinced Ben would kill her if her had the chance, and she was trying to stop him before he could do that.

Compare all this to Gabi. She's not in fear for her life. She's had no hallucinations. She's not jumping and imagining figures in the shadows, or startling when the phone rings. She's very rational and methodical. She's sipping cosmos and planning things out. She's angry because, in her view, Abigail is to blame for the fact that she might not be able to have any more children, and Abigail never has to pay for anything, and thus Abigail needs to pay for things. I dunno. If Days wants me to think Gabi is having a mental break, they're doing a bad job at it.
            You can't see me but I am standing up giving you a standing OVATION. lol Your post was well written and you dealt with facts on screen. NO long diatribe or attempt at a thesis filled with BS. Love it.

Comment

• lovelydtc
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

But by the time Abby burned Ben in the bed, the writers had clearly shown her mental state spiraling downhill for weeks, most clearly in her repeated hallucinations of Ben at her house. She kept seeing him when he wasn't really there -- taunting her, holding Thomas, trying to take Thomas away -- then she'd scream for help, and Chad (and others, like JJ) would show up, and it was clear to them that she was not right in the head. By the time Ben actually showed up, in April 2016, she was so desperate to make his tormenting stop, and to protect herself and Thomas from him, that she tried to kill him herself. This wasn't vengeance -- it was pure desperation and self-preservation. When she got angry at Chad for stopping her, Chad said "I couldn't let you kill him. You'd regret it for the rest of your life." Abby said, "At least I'd have a life. He's going to kill me." This was a woman who was not only mentally ill, but convinced Ben would kill her if her had the chance, and she was trying to stop him before he could do that.

Compare all this to Gabi. She's not in fear for her life. She's had no hallucinations. She's not jumping and imagining figures in the shadows, or startling when the phone rings. She's very rational and methodical. She's sipping cosmos and planning things out. She's angry because, in her view, Abigail is to blame for the fact that she might not be able to have any more children, and Abigail never has to pay for anything, and thus Abigail needs to pay for things. I dunno. If Days wants me to think Gabi is having a mental break, they're doing a bad job at it.
              You can't see me but I am standing up giving you a standing OVATION. lol Your post was well written and you dealt with facts on screen. NO long diatribe or attempt at a thesis filled with BS. Love it.

Comment

• lovelydtc
                Board Regular
                • Aug 2018

Bravo CallAboutTheCat You can't see me but I am standing up giving you a standing OVATION. lol Your post was well written and you dealt with facts on screen. NO long diatribe or attempt at a thesis filled with BS. Love it.

Comment

• ckg1
                  ckg1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well I will be direct and brief in comments too. I’d rather Gabi be sent away for treatment and help unlike Abby, like Gabi haters want than to be subjected to that boring madwoman Abigail one minute longer and her insufferable pairing. That way I can fast forward Chabby finally without Gabi in their scenes, and then you and Chabby fans can finally take over all the discussions and this board all you want,zzz.
                  Last edited by ckg1; September 10, 2018, 12:42 PM.

• ALoyalSoapFan
                  ALoyalSoapFan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was that really necessary? Well, you cannot see me but I'm rejoicing bc comments such as that and others makes me extremely happy that I'm not an Abby fan!

• CallAboutTheCat
                  CallAboutTheCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yo lovelydtc, I see you! Thanks!
              • Blondie18
                Contract Poster
                • May 2014

Originally posted by ckg1 View Post

Well as far we know, CB is staying on so I don’t think jail for a long sentence would be happening. I suppose when it’s all discussed in the end that Gabi feels her life has been ruined and messed with in significant ways then Gabi may not be sent away. I do see that Gabi has lost it, she feels Abby never pays which is true. Gabi feels like she has been wronged and she has to be left barren. Abby has driven Gabi to a place of completes distress and feels her life is ruined. Do you really think Gabi is ok now? I hope she also gets some help after what Abby has done to her. If Abby can set fires at mental hospitals, and almost kill older women as a criminally insane person, why is it different for Gabi after getting beaten by a prison gang and can’t bear a child, all thanks to that madwoman Abby?!!
                Honestly, I understand why Gabi is angry. And even if she feels Abby doesn’t pay, it still doesn’t give her the right to act the way she is acting. She has completely crossed the line. She definitely needs help with anger management and she needs to heal. That’s why being in Abby’s orbit is detrimental
                to her recovery from what happened to her. She needs to remove herself from this situation and from Abby and focus on healing. As well as her daughter and her career. As for Abby, I don’t believe she deserves jail bc she had absolutely no idea or awareness of what she was doing. In a court of law, have you heard of some rare instances where people have gotten off on reason of insanity? This happens not when they prove that a person is mentally ill but when they prove they were mentally incapacitated. In other words not aware or conscience of their actions. As opposed to others who were mentally ill but conscience and aware of their actions and in that case they were prosecuted accordingly. And this is what happened with Abby. She was not aware. So that is why prison would not have been right. However I do believe that her therapy should have been much much longer and intense. But this is the mistake on the writing part of the show. They are inaccurate and Abby’s character is being penalized over it.
                Last edited by Blondie18; September 10, 2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• CincyLady
                  CincyLady commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Blondie, what you said - and said it very well. And the writers have beaten this story to death from every direction they can think of. I'm done. Overkill.

• July Baby
                  July Baby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely overkill. ICAM, CincyLady and ckg1. Enough already.

• Jj1701
                  Jj1701 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  agree. Enough already.
              • tiff5555
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jul 2007

Blondie18 Gabi is angry that Abby’s life is sweet, after the mess, and hers is not. Gabi says it all of the time too, which leads to more bitterness. There are signs, that Gabi does have PTSD. I listed in this thread. I also said that I was the first one with Abby. So when the story progress, it will be known that Gabi has one.

Comment

• lovelydtc
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2018

Yep Clyde, Ben and Gabi all have PTSD. They need to release “poor sweet” Clyde and place him in a triangle with the other two misunderstood villains, strangle bae and baby poisoner bae. The Bermuda Triangle; a perfect horror show; each trying to out evil the other.

Comment

• tiff5555
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jul 2007

^ Chad has one too, lol...with all the Abby crap and what Ben did to him last year!!!! Put him in, it's a quad, lol!!!!! .....I just don't understand that Gabi can have the same thing too...I predicted the same thing with Abby in 2016...and Days mentioned it this year, lol.

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
                      ALoyalSoapFan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ICAM! There's ONLY one tiff's prediction I am extremely HAPPY didn't come true and that is there is NO Rami baby! YES! YIPPEE!

• tiff5555
                      tiff5555 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What, lol?!!!! ALoyalSoapFan I soo wanted a RAMI baby! Too bad, it was not meant to be. And yeah Flowercity79 ...it is true and would be shown very very soon! Gabi has PTSD! The girl was beaten up and lied too...

• ALoyalSoapFan
                      ALoyalSoapFan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, tiff, there is another predication that will come true but I'm not up to being told to "STOP"...LOL In fact, there are TWO but I only want ONE to come true...yeah, I'm snarky like that! ROFL

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X