• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CallAboutTheCat
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Troy44 View Post

Of course I can see Gabi has been behaving in a destructive manner I'm not denying that. What I am simply saying there could be another explanationas to why she's acting this way. You are in the "pure evil" camp" fine, but since the show hasn't stated for a fact it's as simple as that it's equally valid for those of us who don't buy that "diagnosis" to offer an alternative explanation because at this point both are conjecture.

You are reading what's transpired one way and some of us, myself included. are reading it another. From what I've seen I believe a case can be made for Gabi having some kind of breakdown. I'm not saying that's definitely the case just that it's as possible as "Gabi being pure evil."
    Yes, there could be another explanation -- on a soap there can always be another explanation for anything, sometimes offered years later. That's why I won't completely rule out the possibility that Gabi is having mental issues; in 6 months the show could tell us that's what was happening. But from what I've seen, it doesn't seem nearly as likely as simple vengeance. That's not conjecture; that's been shown as Gabi's motive. (She said it loud and clear to Stefan: "I believe in revenge. I believe that people like you deserve to be punished for what you've done. I want to see you suffer like I have.") The show isn't giving us any of the standard "mental break" cues.

Comment

• Abby_fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

But by the time Abby burned Ben in the bed, the writers had clearly shown her mental state spiraling downhill for weeks, most clearly in her repeated hallucinations of Ben at her house. She kept seeing him when he wasn't really there -- taunting her, holding Thomas, trying to take Thomas away -- then she'd scream for help, and Chad (and others, like JJ) would show up, and it was clear to them that she was not right in the head. By the time Ben actually showed up, in April 2016, she was so desperate to make his tormenting stop, and to protect herself and Thomas from him, that she tried to kill him herself. This wasn't vengeance -- it was pure desperation and self-preservation. When she got angry at Chad for stopping her, Chad said "I couldn't let you kill him. You'd regret it for the rest of your life." Abby said, "At least I'd have a life. He's going to kill me." This was a woman who was not only mentally ill, but convinced Ben would kill her if he had the chance, and she was trying to stop him before he could do that.

Compare all this to Gabi. She's not in fear for her life. She's had no hallucinations. She's not jumping and imagining figures in the shadows, or startling when the phone rings. She's very rational and methodical. She's sipping cosmos and planning things out. She's angry because, in her view, Abigail is to blame for the fact that she might not be able to have any more children, and Abigail never has to pay for anything, and thus Abigail needs to pay for things. I dunno. If Days wants me to think Gabi is having a mental break, they're doing a bad job at it.
      I quoted this because it needed to be seen again. Enough said

Comment

• magoo1000
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
        It looks like, basing from the story, Gabi has PTSD. She has been thru a lot.
        No tiff. Only Abby is allowed to have a mental illness to explain her crimes.

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Abby had PTSD, based from the story. Gabi has too. Abby thou, should be in jail...but Days is going to make her shine
      • Bluediamond
        Senior Board Member
        • Dec 2017

Abby was suffering when she killed Andre and developed DID. Unfortunately for Abby, she's not like Gabi. Gabi can kill someone and go along with life as usual without a care in the world. It doesn't bother her at all. At first, nobody even suspected that she killed Nick because she was so calm and collected after shooting and killing a man. The most important thing to Gabi was covering her butt. What Abby did to Andre caused her brain to fragment and she lost control too. But the Gabi fans don't seem to recognize that. I've even seen some say that she's probably faking DID and she enjoyed setting up Gabi for murder. "Abby is her alters and her alters are Abby rant." It hasn't been shown on screen that Gabi has PTSD. But it has been shown on screen now and in the past that Gabi is a black hearted manipulative person. I don't think she had PTSD when she let Melanie rot away and cry in that cell. I know for a fact that Melanie didn't do anything to Gabi so if Gabi can allow and be indifferent to a person who was only trying to be her friend then I can believe she can be a cold calculating person to someone she believes has wronged her.

Comment

• Abby_fan
          Abby_fan commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with your assessment of Gabi.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gabi is not covering her butt. She is mad at the fact that Abby got away from murder. It is very possible that Gabi has PTSD. It is there, but Gabi wants to take revenge to solve the problems. It is thou, going to make it worse....then again, I don't know why I am writing my thoughts....it does looks like people may be right and enjoy the victory that Gabi will be punished.
      • CallAboutTheCat
        Soap Addict
        • Sep 2015

backheidi
        I think the problem is people stating things as if they are fact when no such thing has been p!ayed or even suggested on screen. Even the title of this thread. I at first thought it was a spoiler but it is pure speculation.
        Exactly this. I've got no problem with people theorizing that Gabi has PTSD. But no one should state it as a fact. The title of this thread is irresponsible (sorry Tiff!). "I think Gabi has PTSD" would be much better. Then people could theorize all they want and I wouldn't bug you about it.

The facts can always change on Days of Our Lives. For five years it was a fact that John was Roman -- until it was a fact that John was John. Nothing's outside the realm of possibility. But I just want to go with the likeliest explanation based on what's been shown onscreen.

Comment

• Abby_fan
          Abby_fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen sister! Just stick to what is on screen, not the Days of assuming and surmising. Geezus!!!

• Beca Drags
          Beca Drags commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly! Just like people keep stating that Abby did not kill Andre in self-defense. It's crystal clear that is what was portrayed and explained on the show. It is A FACT, on the show that Abby accidentally killed Andre in self-defense. It needs to STOP being said she didn't.

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          Abby did not have PTSD...but the audience did! It can rightfully so with Gabi. It is there...
      • KatLovesSoaps
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by magoo1000 View Post

Unless you've been entered into the sainthood like our patron Saint Abby. You're evil and will spontaneously sprout devil's horns at a moment's notice.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
          Soap Addict
          • Jul 2018

Both Abby and Gabi have done horrible things. One gets coddled. The other treated like scum. The writing is so slanted. Abby will always be the victim no matter what. But there are people who fail to acknowledge Gabi being a victim. She is just evil.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by magoo1000 View Post
            That's not what I'm saying. I don't think it's what anyone is saying.

I'm just saying the show isn't portraying Gabi as someone who's doing what she's doing because she's having a mental break. If you disagree with that, I'd love to hear why.

Comment

• ckg1
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Flowercity79 View Post
              I agree Gabi could very well be suffering from PTSD. Of course becasue she isnt a Horton she will not be given the same advantages and privileges. Which is why I cheer her on and hope she finds happiness at the end of all of this. She is hurting and rightfully so.
              If I learned that someone put me in a hole and then found out I can’t have more children after getting beaten in there, I think I would lose it. Stefan and mostly Abby have taken away something very precious from Gabi, it is basically destroying Gabi’s life. But no, perfect Abigail gets away with every single thing..from perjury and consequences for Gabi to elder abuse. But Abby just gets her princess treatment and overnight hospital treatment by Grandma?! GMAB!!! Gabi has lost it and she is not thinking clearly and she is under distress. Of course, it’s not the kind of fargone illness that Abby has, but Gabi definitely has problems, emotionally and physically from her internal injuries, thanks to Abby, who has not suffered or paid for one thing! So annoying to watch this, I just want Gabi to be Chabby free, so sick of that pairing destroying and mowing down people in their boring angsty path every single time!

Comment

• Flowercity79
                Flowercity79 commented
                Editing a comment
                ckg1 I can tell you right now what gbai is doing is childs play compared ro what I would do if someone did that to me. Everybody would be sued. I would definitely press charges and I would definitely not let that psychopath anywhere near me or my child! No I DO NOT forgive Abby and neither should Gabi becasue I dont believe for one second that Abby is truly sorry and I'm not convinced she wouldmt come after Gabi again if she turns "ill" again or kills a other person and needs someone to pin it on!

• lagirl
                lagirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would Gabi trust Stefan the same Stefan who was in cahoots with Abigail to send her to prison.

• ALoyalSoapFan
                ALoyalSoapFan commented
                Editing a comment
                ckg & FC, ICAM! FC, you can bet the farm that if the roles were reversed, it'd be back to what it was when Abby was plotting revenge on Gabriella until she was arrested, on trial, convicted and sent to prison! That's why I'm ignoring the Gabriella bashing, hate posts! It's the same ole, same ole started with Chabi and will continue until those infectious diseases, C&A are finally off TV screens! ICAM! I will never forget nor forgive Abby and by the looks of things neither does Gabriella! Abby is NOT sorry for what she did to Gabriella! She only gave her Judas apology bc she was busted!
                I'm not convinced she wouldmt come after Gabi again if she turns "ill" again or kills a other person and needs someone to pin it on!
                EXACTLY! ICAM!
            • ALoyalSoapFan
              Soap Addict
              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Troy44 View Post

Of course I can see Gabi has been behaving in a destructive manner I'm not denying that.
              Exactly, Troy, even those of us that are rooting and cheering and are #Team Gabriella are NOT condoning her actions! We're just NOT turning our backs on her!
              What I am simply saying there could be another explanation as to why she's acting this way. You are in the "pure evil" camp" fine, but since the show hasn't stated for a fact it's as simple as that it's equally valid for those of us who don't buy that "diagnosis" to offer an alternative explanation because at this point both are conjecture.

You are reading what's transpired one way and some of us, myself included. are reading it another. From what I've seen I believe a case can be made for Gabi having some kind of breakdown. I'm not saying that's definitely the case just that it's as possible as "Gabi being pure evil."
              EXACTLY! ICAM!

Comment

• ckg1
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ALoyalSoapFan View Post
                Exactly, Troy, even those of us that are rooting and cheering and are #Team Gabriella are NOT condoning her actions! We're just NOT turning our backs on her!
                EXACTLY! ICAM!
                This is it Loyal, it’s not that we’re condoning drugging anyone, but Gabi is in a bad place right now. She’s consumed in anger and hurt. Gabi is not living life, she is lost and I think she needs help. I will always hope Gabi can still find a way out of this. It’s really sad now. Not sure if Gabi is sent away but I think we heard CB is staying...I’m at the point where I’ll take anything to get Abby and Chad away from her. They destroy everything they touch as a pairing. This story does not make a difference in how much I loathe the dull and insufferable Chabby, I actually cannot stand them even more. They should get them on their own so I can finally FF them on my screen.

Comment

• magoo1000
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post

That's not what I'm saying. I don't think it's what anyone is saying.

I'm just saying the show isn't portraying Gabi as someone who's doing what she's doing because she's having a mental break. If you disagree with that, I'd love to hear why.
                  You are correct. They are not showing Gabi as having a mental break. When I first read tiff's original post I was just being sarcastic about how Abby suffers no consequences due to mental illness. I am not happy with Gabi since she has gone dark. At the moment I am unhappy with both of them. I started a thread a while back telling Gabi that she was just being mean, mean, mean. And that the best revenge was living well. I want gabi to stop! But dang Camille sure is playing this well. And I am gonna miss Marci.

Comment

• backheidi
                    backheidi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. And i do not understand why some posters get so upset that they want to make up things as fact.
                    Some of us just want to be honest about what is onscreen. But some are so blinded by hate there is no logic to what they say and all they do is call characters names. I also agree that CB is doing a heck of a job playing bad but i fear there will be no coming back from this. I was a huge fan of kristen and loved her (regardless of being a john & marlena fan). They made her evil...then i thought she would be redeemed once with brady...then they had her do what they did to eric. So i hope whatever they have in mind they have thought out well before they ruin the one character of the trio that is staying.
                • ALoyalSoapFan
                  Soap Addict
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by ckg1 View Post

Pure evil is different from someone who is suffering inside from pain and anger. Finding out she can’t have other children. That suffering is Gabi and she’s losing control right now. If Abby didn’t destroy Gabi’s life in so many ways, she wouldn’t be losing it like this. If Gabi did this to a stranger, now that is pure evil. I still don’t care about Abby and her alter excuses. These alters are Abby. The way she sent Gabi to prison, calmly and viciously lying about Gabi that day in court was the coldest thing I’ve seen in years. Then Gabi is bloodied and bruised and internal injury issues. I can definitely understand Gabi is not the same now. I think she can get better and move on, but I just feel she needs to be RID of Abby and Chad from her life finally!!
                  EXACTLY! I honestly lost count of the multitudes of excuses that were made to justify EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING that Abby does and say including murder, attempted serial murder, perjury ETC BEFORE she was diagnosed with PTSD & DID! Yet, now that Gabriella has turned the table by revenging Abby and refusing to continue being her whipping girl, pyssing gate and floormat, she's "evil" and so much more! Although, I'm NOT condoning what Gabriella is doing to Abby I REFUSE to turn my back on her! Anyhow, we ALL know that Abby will be just fine, she ALWAYS is! She'd come out smelling as a rose as she always does!
                  Pure evil is different from someone who is suffering inside from pain and anger. Finding out she can’t have other children. That suffering is Gabi and she’s losing control right now. If Abby didn’t destroy Gabi’s life in so many ways, she wouldn’t be losing it like this. If Gabi did this to a stranger, now that is pure evil. I still don’t care about Abby and her alter excuses. These alters are Abby. The way she sent Gabi to prison, calmly and viciously lying about Gabi that day in court was the coldest thing I’ve seen in years. Then Gabi is bloodied and bruised and internal injury issues. I can definitely understand Gabi is not the same now. I think she can get better and move on, but I just feel she needs to be RID of Abby and Chad from her life finally!!
                  ICAM! Truer words were NEVER written! I will proudly co-sign and like if possible!

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
                    Soap Addict
                    • Sep 2016

Originally posted by KatLovesSoaps View Post

Unless you've been entered into the sainthood like our patron Saint Abby. You're evil and will spontaneously sprout devil's horns at a moment's notice.
                    Exactly! That's exactly why I will never be a fan of Abby! I refuse to get excruciating migraines trying to desperately try to figure out what excuses must I think of to justify her multitudes of criminal crimes including murder, attempted serial murders, perjury and so much more! Although, I'm NOT condoning Gabriella actions, I truly believe she is NOT "evil" or any of the negative derogative her haters claim! Just as I had to wait and wait and wait for Abby to be diagnosed with PTSD & DID, while she got off and enjoyed inflicting mental, verbal, emotional pain, harm and misery upon Gabriella, I have no problem doing the same with Gabriella!

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
                      Soap Addict
                      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by JackandJenfan View Post
                      Both Abby and Gabi have done horrible things. One gets coddled. The other treated like scum. The writing is so slanted. Abby will always be the victim no matter what. But there are people who fail to acknowledge Gabi being a victim. She is just evil.
                      BINGO! One get coddled (Abby) while the other is treated like scum (Gabriella)! I'm beyond fed up! Gabriella not only went to prison for a murder that she committed she also went to prison for a murder that Abby committed! I'm not buying and obviously neither is Gabriella her fake Judas apologies! If Gabriella as per her haters know what she's doing then so DID Abby!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X