Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flashbacks are out of control

I find that the flashbacks happen too often and the lengths are incredibly long, especially since the scene of the flashback happened a day or two before. It’s getting on my nerves.

With all these people who don't watch everyday, they have to make sure people know what's going on.

Comment

There's seemed to be a lot more than usual this past week.

Comment

I wonder if they needed to fill up some space since Steve left so abruptly.

Comment

They are super cheap airtime fillers. Days is poor so they throw in tons of recent flashbacks to save money in having to tape less.

Comment

Originally posted by anitalyfe View Post
            They are super cheap airtime fillers. Days is poor so they throw in tons of recent flashbacks to save money in having to tape less.
            It does help with that, but also it saves the time of having characters overexplain complicated storylines. It’s dependent on writers. Some writers prefer using flashbacks, others prefer characters talking to themselves, others use characters on the outside looking in. They use different tactics.

Comment

Too many and too long.

Comment

I hate it, viewers arent stupid. Not to mention sometimes they have flashbacks of what happened in the same episode. Now that's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by deezy_y View Post
                  I find that the flashbacks happen too often and the lengths are incredibly long, especially since the scene of the flashback happened a day or two before. It’s getting on my nerves.
                  If they're gonna do flashbacks at all they need to go back & bring them from past show's when DAYS was an awesome show & let the newer viewers know what it used to be! THAT would be worthwhile to watch! Let the vets have memories from then (the real good years) and somehow connect them to today's characters/sl's! THAT would be entertaining IMO & bring continuing drama back!

Comment

Is this really realistic? Do poeple need to remember ever single little thing that happened? Sicne mnay senes and lines can be repetitive I think you can pick up what's going on withotu flashbacks..from a day or two agp

Comment

Originally posted by deezy_y View Post
                      I know what you mean and I agree with you. I think they are putting a lot of Will's flashbacks in to show his memories coming back, and also so that they can insert Chandler back into these scenes. But I agree, there are too many of them and they are way too long.

Comment

I agree. Will remembering his life is one thing. And having Lucas remember to catch people who didn't see it up on what happened. But we've had extensive flashbacks to things like Eli and Lani taking the time to flirt five feet from where Paul and Kristen fell, leaving Paul severely wounded and Kristen entirely unharmed and on the loose (not that anyone at the Salem PD cares about that). We had a flashback to that entire scene just one day after it happened. That's too much. And it's not the only time.

Comment

• deezy_y
                          deezy_y
                          Day Player
                          deezy_y commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Exactly. The Eli and Lani flashback is what prompted me to write the post in the first place.

I noticed it too. It was really bad during the mid 00's practically the whole shows during that era was flashbacks.

Comment

I don't mind them as I can watch the show faster.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X