• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crunchy
    Board Regular
    • Jan 2010

If Will has his memory back ....

Why doesn't he remember his marriage was over?

He had cheated on Sonny multiple times. Sonny had micromanaged their finances and been emotionally unavailable or controlling and dismissive of Will's career aspirations. Sonny had jetted to Europe to escape the debacle of their marriage and wasn't even in town when Will was "killed."

Now they are Twue Wuv Fovevah when in reality Will was too young to be married and they both had serious issues to work out.
  • FSXP
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Dec 2017

I don’t know why you’re trying to push this narrative that Will and Sonny marriage was over. He remembers everything, and based on his memory, it wasn’t over.

Will still loved Sonny. Sonny still loved Will. Will’s final scene before his death was telling Sonny that he still loved him and realized that he created a mess. Sonny was on his way home and was ready to work on it when he was told Will was murdered. Sonny has spent the past two years beating himself up about how he held on to his pride and he realized how foolish he was.

Will and Sonny love each other, and while they had their tough times they never stop loving each other. Do they have their issues? Yes, but just because you have issues doesn’t mean you throw away a marriage. Sure, you can argue if the marriage is worth keeping, but what about all the good Sonny and Will have done in their relationship with each other?

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2015

No, I am totally with the OP on this. Will and Sonny's relationship didn't begin and end with happy marriage memories. There was a lot of sh*t that went down after that.

We should be seeing Will remembering ALL of it. Not just the glow of new love. The cheating, the mistrust.

To be completely realistic, right now we'd be seeing Will having flashbacks of everything -- not just the wedding -- and needing a huge amount of time to process it before he decides exactly who he wants to be with.

Comment

• Crunchy
        Board Regular
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by CallAboutTheCat View Post
        No, I am totally with the OP on this. Will and Sonny's relationship didn't begin and end with happy marriage memories. There was a lot of sh*t that went down after that.

We should be seeing Will remembering ALL of it. Not just the glow of new love. The cheating, the mistrust.

To be completely realistic, right now we'd be seeing Will having flashbacks of everything -- not just the wedding -- and needing a huge amount of time to process it before he decides exactly who he wants to be with.
        This. Exactly. He should be torn between both men, who have offered up their hearts to him. Right now, it feels like a sprint to toss Paul to the curb.

Comment

• messinadress
          Recurring Poster
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post

This. Exactly. He should be torn between both men, who have offered up their hearts to him. Right now, it feels like a sprint to toss Paul to the curb.
          I can't help but wonder if it was going to be the SL before CS decided to leave. Will is pulling a Sonny on Paul which I thought for sure he would be torn between the two for a least a minute. It's disappointing writing that I could possibly forgive if they did indeed have a better SL that had to be reworked.

Comment

• messinadress
            Recurring Poster
            • Sep 2017

He had cheated on Sonny multiple times. Sonny had micromanaged their finances and been emotionally unavailable or controlling and dismissive of Will's career aspirations. Sonny had jetted to Europe to escape the debacle of their marriage and wasn't even in town when Will was "killed."

Now they are Twue Wuv Fovevah when in reality Will was too young to be married and they both had serious issues to work out.
            That's my huge issue. I was always under the assumption Wilson would rise, but the way the are completely glossing over their struggles makes it hard to root for them. If they don't acknowledge this they will probably make the same mistakes this time around as well.

Comment

• Mrs._Sam_Morgan
              Contract Poster
              • Jul 2008

Blame it on the writers and Paul leaving. I never bought Will and sonny. They were put together because they were core characters. Had Paul been on then he/Will would've bounced between them and ended up with Paul. Horita are the most compatible. The same problems they had before will come back when Will goes back to work. All sonny cares about is being married and being a father. Will is just consolation. It's all about sonny with sonny.

Comment

• Mr.Sami_Brady
                Soap Addict
                • Sep 2006

I agree with everything said here (on BOTH sides). The break-up and rewriting of Will's character (Thanks to Tomlin, Whitesell, and Higley) really ruined his character and lots of fans were unhappy. Because of that, Higley/Griffith opted for the lazy way out and kill Will off (by scapegoating Guy Wilson).

I DO hope that the downs are also addressed, but as of right now I think Will and Sonny are ecstatic about finding their way back to each other.

Comment

• CHK DeWilson
                  Board Regular
                  • Sep 2015

It's getting really tiresome when Will's cheating is exaggerated just to make a point. He cheated TWICE with two ONS NOT several times.

And I think with most of the amnesia SLs where they have reunite with their former husband/wife/partner, it has initially been just about their love for one another. All the issues and problems that they were going through beforehand are likely to be discussed at a later time although knowing Days, it could likely be glossed over.

As for the cheating why is it that some still want Will with Paul believing he is STILL capable of cheating or is it that he couldn't/wouldn't possible cheat on Paul??

If Will remembers everything he'll also remember that he told Sonny he understood why he left him and how he wished he had handled all of it differently. Will also said he was still in love with Sony and if he got the chance to be with him again he would want that (or words to that effect).
                  And with Sonny, he was ready to forgive and want to reconcile with Will which is why he was even more devastated that he never got the chance to tell Will he want to try again before Will 'died'.

So why it doesn't seem understandable that they are still in this frame of mind is boggling. Whatever the outcome of their reunion (and it seems that those who don't like them together want them to fail especially wanting Will to cheat?!) they want the chance to find out for themselves if they can make it work between them. JArlena are attempting their sixth(?) marriage. And a lot of the popular Days couples have remarried more than once and it hasn't diminished their popularity.

Paul has never been THE love of either of their lives (as it stands). And until Will and Sonny make this attempt to see how it can be for them, he never be especially concerning Will. Paulson or Pill have not been a viable coupling for me particularly with Will not being the real Will Horton. Now that he is back, Will believes it 'in his bones' that Sonny is the one. So do I and an interloper like Paul won't have me changing my mind.

Comment

• FSXP
                    FSXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What I’m not understanding is they keep bringing up Will cheating, is Paul suppose to change that? He says he loves Sonny more. I guess Will is fine unless he wants to be back with Sonny then he’s a serial cheater all of a sudden.
                • MrsDashDunning
                  Soap Addict
                  • Jan 2015

There was a lot of stuff that went down between Will and Sonny before Will was "murdered." Maybe Will hasn't remembered every thing as he believes. But being in Sonny's shoes why would he want to dwell on the cheating for now. He still loved Will despite it and Will loved him.

Comment

• cali815
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by CHK DeWilson View Post
                    It's getting really tiresome when Will's cheating is exaggerated just to make a point. He cheated TWICE with two ONS NOT several times.

And I think with most of the amnesia SLs where they have reunite with their former husband/wife/partner, it has initially been just about their love for one another. All the issues and problems that they were going through beforehand are likely to be discussed at a later time although knowing Days, it could likely be glossed over.

As for the cheating why is it that some still want Will with Paul believing he is STILL capable of cheating or is it that he couldn't/wouldn't possible cheat on Paul??

If Will remembers everything he'll also remember that he told Sonny he understood why he left him and how he wished he had handled all of it differently. Will also said he was still in love with Sony and if he got the chance to be with him again he would want that (or words to that effect).
                    And with Sonny, he was ready to forgive and want to reconcile with Will which is why he was even more devastated that he never got the chance to tell Will he want to try again before Will 'died'.

So why it doesn't seem understandable that they are still in this frame of mind is boggling. Whatever the outcome of their reunion (and it seems that those who don't like them together want them to fail especially wanting Will to cheat?!) they want the chance to find out for themselves if they can make it work between them. JArlena are attempting their sixth(?) marriage. And a lot of the popular Days couples have remarried more than once and it hasn't diminished their popularity.

Paul has never been THE love of either of their lives (as it stands). And until Will and Sonny make this attempt to see how it can be for them, he never be especially concerning Will. Paulson or Pill have not been a viable coupling for me particularly with Will not being the real Will Horton. Now that he is back, Will believes it 'in his bones' that Sonny is the one. So do I and an interloper like Paul won't have me changing my mind.
                    OK, I understand it being annoying that this is brought up a lot, but to downplay it or gloss it over is equally annoying. Will cheated TWICE in the FIRST YEAR of his marriage to Sonny. The first time, he was away from Sonny and going through a life change trying to get a Hollywood career going. OK, maybe this was a simple ONS or maybe not -- we don't know except what Will says -- but we will leave it at a simple ONS. But then, just a few months later, Will has another affair -- which we SEE has more emotional attachment -- while he is living with Sonny and his daughter. This is NOT nothing. For some people, the first cheating is a deal breaker.

And yes, Will wanted to get back together with Sonny before he "died" so he clearly still loved Sonny. But he had done nothing to work on figuring out what made him cheat in the first place. So, yes, it is understandable that he wants to get back together with Sonny now. But even amnesiac Will stated he did not want to cheat on anyone again, so to have Will just remembering the good times now and not doing some soul searching about the bad times seems a little, let's say, incomplete.

Edited to add:

I don't think that Will is a serial cheater or once a cheater always a cheater. I think there is an underlying reason that this happened and he needs to figure it out so it doesn't happen again.
                    Last edited by cali815; September 1, 2018, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• sonia
                      sonia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What affair did Will have that had an emotional attachment. I certainly hope you’re not taking about Paul since three had sex and not an affair and when Will found out who he was he tried to run him out of town. If Will had an emotional attachment to Paul why on God’s green eart did he try to blackmail Paul’s mother. I just don’t didnt see it.

• cali815
                      cali815 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am most certainly talking about Paul. It was not a simple ONS. They spent a lot of time together and shared the whole emotion of Paul coming out to his family and to the world. It was not an anonymous hook-up. It was not some big love story either, but there was some emotion involved. Sorry, but it was there. Will's reaction to finding out about Paul's connection to Sonny dictated most of his behavior after that (including blackmailing Paul's mother). And Will also knew how attractive he found Paul and worried that he would lose Sonny to Paul so he pulled out all the stops to keep them apart.
                  • pipera
                    Contract Poster
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by messinadress View Post

I can't help but wonder if it was going to be the SL before CS decided to leave. Will is pulling a Sonny on Paul which I thought for sure he would be torn between the two for a least a minute. It's disappointing writing that I could possibly forgive if they did indeed have a better SL that had to be reworked.
                    He has a production company and projects on the run, he had an interview awhile back with Mary Beth Evans where he described his future and what he want to do outside of Days.

Comment

• ToThePoint
                      Contract Poster
                      • Dec 2015

Will was slice bread when Paul was the one he was pursuing. Some of you were all over yourselves singing his praises and what not. But now he is getting his memories and recalling how much he loved Sonny, lo and behold the Will slander. Y’all so predictable. The guy just got his memories back and is rejoicing in what he had with Sonny and what he felt for him. Yet some of y’all are twisted up because he is not immediately recalling or talking about the rough patches in their relationship. Y’all think now is the time for all of that, immediately following his memory returing, really?

Comment

• MollyPoppins
                        MollyPoppins commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The accuracy! But I guess we're just living on nostalgia, not the chemistry we see before our eyes in the current story.

• JackandJenfan
                        JackandJenfan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        MollyPoppins, chemistry is subjective. I don't see any chemistry with Wilson.

• MollyPoppins
                        MollyPoppins commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Of course chemistry is subjective, which is why I'm saying that I see it and that the pairing works for me. It's fine that you don't, but that doesn't make it the same for everyone else. My post was more addressing comments I've seen about how WilSon fans are living in the past, with which I wholeheartedly disagree.
                    • wilson2012
                      Recurring Poster
                      • Jan 2012

So Will should be torn about the guy he wanted to run out of Salem and was trying to blackmail his mother to get him to leave town so he could have no obstacles with reuniting with Sonny. I think the horita fan base are clutching at anything to make Sonny look bad. Do you forget how will manipulated Paul to punch him which ended up with WilSon having sex, yet Horita are this great love affair. Sorry not buying it. If Will is to remember the bad times with Sonny he sure as hell will remember the bad history with Paul as well

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
                        Soap Addict
                        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by wilson2012 View Post
                        So Will should be torn about the guy he wanted to run out of Salem and was trying to blackmail his mother to get him to leave town so he could have no obstacles with reuniting with Sonny. I think the horita fan base are clutching at anything to make Sonny look bad. Do you forget how will manipulated Paul to punch him which ended up with WilSon having sex, yet Horita are this great love affair. Sorry not buying it. If Will is to remember the bad times with Sonny he sure as hell will remember the bad history with Paul as well
                        I think a few people here misunderstand. For me, this isn't about making Sonny look bad or making Will look bad. The point is that Will has a long history that's a mixture of good and bad with BOTH Sonny and Paul. Suddenly he has memories of everything that happened in his former life. He should have good stuff with Paul, bad stuff with Paul, good stuff with Sonny, and bad stuff with Sonny all swirling around in there -- not just glowing, soft-focus memories of telling Sonny "I love you" that suddenly makes him race to go running back to Sonny.

There's a lot of good Paul stuff to weigh against the good Sonny stuff, too. Paul was the one who has supported him and made him feel comfortable during the confusing time he was trying to reintegrate himself into his life in Salem. They really loved each other. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd make this snap decision to go back to Sonny.

Comment

• TuTu67
                          TuTu67 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It makes perfect sense! Will has a longer history with loving Sonny. Paul cannot compete with that in Will's eyes.

• cali815
                          cali815 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It doesn't make sense that it is such a snap decision. That is what Call is saying. I get that. Even if he weighs everything and ends up with Sonny, it's not a simple change to make when there is someone else you love in the picture.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X