Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making sense of Abigail's reaction to Stefan.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post

I respectfully disagree. The general audience is shaking their heads on why Abby is not in jail. And don't know fully if it was love or not with Stefan. If Stefan and Abby both went to jail, the general audience would know that it was a full rape and Abby could not get away of what she did to the murder of Andre DiMera. From my perspective too, I look at this as a fantasy tale than basing from real life, which is why I am not sure of the rape thing. I do feel that Gabigail and Stefan relationship was love. And that with Abby, she can feel what she had with Stefan when as Gabigail.
    Since when do you speak for the general audience tiff?? I know and converse with thousands(close to 20,000 now), on a daily basis, in a private group, where the general consensus is, that Abigail does NOT belong in jail! What played out ON SCREEN is, she accidentally kill Andre in self-defense. Self-defense doesn't belong in jail! I know you don't like it, or don't buy it, but it's a FACT that played out ON SCREEN!

What has played out CLEARLY ON SCREEN is, that Abigail is NOT now, and was NEVER in love with Stefan, hence why he had to take her and rape her, in her mentally incapacitated state, since he knew she never wanted him, in her right mind. She's not in denial, she's not "open" to him. She doesn't love him, nor does she want him in any way. She ONLY wants and loves Chad.

Also, Stefan factually raped a mentally ill Abigail, in her mental incapacity. Why are you ignoring the part where Abigail emerged, screaming for help to get away from him, making it crystal clear, she was not consenting?? Are you purposely ignoring that part, or did you truly not see it??

Stefan is/was in love with a glitch in Abigail's brain, wearing a wig. That's what it amounts to. So, it was NOT real love and RC was irresponsible in trying to present that as "real love" cause it wasn't anything close to that. Once again, "GABBY" IS NOT REAL!! Just because Abigail remembers what her alter felt, doesn't mean Abigail, herself, in her right and lucid mind, has to feel what her alter felt.

Comment

Thank heavens Abigail has some sanity left to realize a part of her loves Stefan and consented to making love with him. It flies in the face of her so-called champions, but that's Abigail's call. She loved it because Gabby loved it. Her regret will never equal rape. Scream and shout it to an echo chamber of 20,000,000,000 doesn't make it fact because that body wants to fit a story with an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryPoppins View Post
        Thank heavens Abigail has some sanity left to realize a part of her loves Stefan and consented to making love with him. It flies in the face of her so-called champions, but that's Abigail's call. She loved it because Gabby loved it. Her regret will never equal rape. Scream and shout it to an echo chamber of 20,000,000,000 doesn't make it fact because that body wants to fit a story with an agenda.
        But this is why I don't like it when they drop the r word on soaps. They rarely stick to it, and it winds up looking stupid when they have a guy apologize for "that unfortunate incident" that was once referred to as rape.

Comment

• CherryPoppins
          CherryPoppins commented
          Editing a comment
          That's understandable. Especially when they are invested in keeping a character (usually a guy) around long-term and have to redeem him after the violence. I've seen this play out that way too many times to count. I don't think there should be any apologies in this case. Everyone in Salem has their view and they're sticking with it, calling Stefan a rapist. That will likely change over time. Then there's the other side to it which is Stefan's view of the situation which is surprisingly not being silenced, thankfully. The view that there was love and there was no coercion involved is one I see as the reality here.

Originally posted by CherryPoppins View Post
        Just because Abigail remembers her alter loving Stefan, that doesn't mean Abigail feels love for him. She doesn't! She is repulsed by him. Abigail is confused and sickened when she remembers her alter having sex with Stefan, because Abigail herself, feels nothing but disgust for him. Abigail did NOT consent to sex with Stefan. Abigail clearly emerged, in her lucid state, screaming for help to get away from that predator rapist. That was Abigail NOT CONSENTING! That is a fact that played out on screen. RC may want viewers to forget it, by conveniently leaving out that part when he shows the disgusting flashbacks, but the viewers aren't stupid and they do remember that part of Abigail screaming for help and objecting fiercely to sex with him, and him manipulating her fragile mental mind so the alter would come back, so he could then have sex with Abigail's body, against her consent, thus, making it rape!!

Comment

• CherryPoppins
          CherryPoppins commented
          Editing a comment
          In this situation, the more Abigail learns and understands herself (Gabby), she feels the feelings and remembers the memories. Sanity takes hold and she realizes as much as she may despise Stefan, a part of her (Gabby) deeply loved him and gave herself to him with full consent. Prior to this understanding, I think it's easy for Abigail to clarify things and to detach, seeing it as Gabby as a separate imaginary nothing, and just cry rape, but when she finally accepts the nuance of the situation, she will not be written to fulfill a political agenda which is truly at the root of this outrage IMO. It's the safe and popular way to view the situation and very controversial to challenge it. Everyone has studies they can cite to confirm their bias, but the bottom line for me is there's too many inconsistencies in the argument that can say Abigail is mentally ill, someone else is responsible, someone else is imaginary, yet someone else says all the right words and does all the right things to lure a man into her bed, and on and on in circles we go because in order to maintain the rape narrative, Gabby cannot be real. But then that means Abigail said the words and did the deeds, and ultimately made love with Stefan. So which is it? The imaginary lovemaking, or does Abigail get to own it?

• Beca Drags
          Beca Drags commented
          Editing a comment
          Abigail just didn't "cry" rape, she WAS raped!!! There's no debate, no dispute, nothing grey about it. Abigail herself emerged, screaming for help and objecting to sex with him. How is that considered consent?? "Gabby" can't morally or legally consent for her, and Stefan knew that!

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
        ^ You are right.....but for the general audience, they feel that the story is scattered around. I like to hear from all angles in what the fans feels and do research on why the stories are going that way. I guess it's easier with social media. Back then, we just did not know. Or could have thru what the writers wrote.

As of Abby. No I don't hate her but she makes tons of mistakes. And the with CHABBY being happy alone, well it's just not moving me at the moment. But with Stefan in the mix, it did made CHABBY interesting. I do see thou, in general, that the audience will see CHABBY coming together when Gabi stuff comes out.
        With all due respect you don't have the right to speak for the general audience because you DON'T know what they feel. You only know what YOU feel. You have every right to speak about how you feel, but you don't when it comes to how other people feel because you don't know.

Comment

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          I like to research to know what's going on, and how people feel. I have been with Days for now the longest but still I have a lot more to learn.
          Last edited by tiff5555; September 4, 2018, 07:35 PM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X