Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making sense of Abigail's reaction to Stefan.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiff5555 Come on Tiff. You know that a judge would NOT drop rape charges against Stefan based on what an alter that's not even real said. I'm pretty sure that judge would get disbarred if he did. Oh, and killing someone to get away from them IS self defense.

Comment

Originally posted by BradyG View Post
      tiff5555 Come on Tiff. You know that a judge would NOT drop rape charges against Stefan based on what an alter that's not even real said. I'm pretty sure that judge would get disbarred if he did. Oh, and killing someone to get away from them IS self defense.
      Actually IRL it's way more complicated. I looked up real life cases just out of curiosity and the most relevant one I found was a conviction because the guy slept with a personality who was not the dominant one but more importantly was easily manipulated, and he did it knowing that the dom didn't want to sleep with him. This case is not the same because Gabby was pursuing Stefan, not the other way around. All the other DID cases were ones where one personality committed a crime, and the question is whether the dominant personality was responsible.

Comment

Hmm....if the judge looked more in depth, Stefan would be free from jail time, because Gabigail did pursued him. If the judge automatically does believe in general and not go in, Stefan would be in jail. This is basing from real life experiences. Since it's a soap, and the writers makes things up in their minds, we would not see a rapist in jail for a year. We never had with others. The same with Abby. Abby would be very guilty, if based on real life, but in the soap world, not really. It's also hard to discuss this too, because people can relate to real life.....I am lost of words ....I do see too, that in this soap, Abby is portrayed as a innocent person, and Gabi as this negative person. I wished that Gabi sees her happy days again.

Comment

• Flowercity79
          Flowercity79 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly and the DA was able to somehow give Abby and Stefan immunity based on "Gabby" brokering a deal by telling them where the 3 women were lol

I respectfully disagree with most of you regarding Abby's feelings for Stefan. Unless she was already developing DID before murdering Andre, to me she was showing signs of being interested in Stefan. When he came to town it was Abby who spent to most time with him (to me it appeared they were being chem tested then later decided to go another direction). I can't remember if it was before or after Andre's murder that Abby appeared jealous when Stefan asked Gabi out on a date, but she obviously wasn't happy about it. It could have just been how I perceived the actress was playing the role, but I thought, and still do, think she has some feelings for Stefan that have nothing to do with hating him.

Comment

• rkm137
          rkm137 commented
          Editing a comment
          This is what I saw as well. Honestly, Gabby with a Y seemed to be made up of all of Abby's (barely) suppressed feelings. There were signs that Abby was still angry with Gabi and envious of her strength before she killed Andre. There were indication that she was attracted to Stefan before then as well.

BTW, saying that Abby was attracted to Stefan doesn't mean she wanted to have sex with him. You can be attracted to someone and CHOOSE not to sleep with him or her.

Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
        I respectfully disagree with most of you regarding Abby's feelings for Stefan. Unless she was already developing DID before murdering Andre, to me she was showing signs of being interested in Stefan. When he came to town it was Abby who spent to most time with him (to me it appeared they were being chem tested then later decided to go another direction). I can't remember if it was before or after Andre's murder that Abby appeared jealous when Stefan asked Gabi out on a date, but she obviously wasn't happy about it. It could have just been how I perceived the actress was playing the role, but I thought, and still do, think she has some feelings for Stefan that have nothing to do with hating him.
        Preach! You're definitely preaching to the choir! From the beginning I said and noticed the same thing! B4 Andre's murder AND b4 DID or alters, Abby shown signs of passive aggressive jealousy and envy to the point of slapping him, when he asked Gabriella on a date, in front of her! She and everyone knew that he was "infatuated" (I have no idea why) in her and it ticked her off, hearing him ask Gabriella on a date! When he exposed himself to her, when she was playing "good-cop" to protect Thomas' "legacy" instead of insisting on moving and quitting their jobs, she was constantly in his orbit including at DE! In fact, she's acting the same way towards him, as she did then! She's constantly finding any and every excuse imaginable including interjecting herself in his orbit instead of walking away (park). She's constantly confining important personal business to him! She hasn't called nor threaten to call the police! She hasn't filed charges or obtain a protective order against him! She allowed him w/o hesitation to bond with feeling the baby kick! However, to maintain her pristine holier-than-thou, self-righteous, sanctimonious crown, as Abby she won't give in and that's where her other personality, Gabby with a Y, comes into play!

Comment

• Flowercity79
          Flowercity79 commented
          Editing a comment
          Truer words were never spoken!

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
        lovelydtc Abby was sane when killing Andre. She did not do it in self defense, but to get away from a situation. She blamed everything on Gabi's pic in the GabiChic room and then got the DID symptom. Plus, she did knocked out 3 women, which is also under a crime. So it would be up to the judge to decide whether a jail or mental ward is best for her. Usually under severe mental illness, they are locked up in the mental ward for a long time.

I feel like with this story...since it's a soap world, that Days is painting Abby has this innocent person and Gabi as a bad person, or grey character. In this case, Abby is going to win.
        Yes as I clearly stated Abby killed Andre in self defense. She split after she realized she had killed him. Abby was in her right to use force to get away from a man twice her size restraining her.

No judge would put a person in Abby’s situation in jail or a mental ward for life. Her mental illness is being controlled by outside therapy and meds.

The writing is what it is. Some like Abby and some like Gabi based on their perspective.

By the way I have no clue what you mean she blamed Gabi then got DID. It was clearly shown on screen the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post

Actually IRL it's way more complicated. I looked up real life cases just out of curiosity and the most relevant one I found was a conviction because the guy slept with a personality who was not the dominant one but more importantly was easily manipulated, and he did it knowing that the dom didn't want to sleep with him. This case is not the same because Gabby was pursuing Stefan, not the other way around. All the other DID cases were ones where one personality committed a crime, and the question is whether the dominant personality was responsible.
          But Gabby was not the dominant/host. Abby is and Stefan knew Gabby was not the host. He in fact heard Abby the host screaming to be let go and held her down until Gabby showed up again. He raped Abby’s body knowing she did not pursue him or want him based on her screams to get off of her. Not that complicated

Comment

Originally posted by lovelydtc View Post

But Gabby was not the dominant/host. Abby is and Stefan knew Gabby was not the host. He in fact heard Abby the host screaming to be let go and held her down until Gabby showed up again. He raped Abby’s body knowing she did not pursue him or want him based on her screams to get off of her. Not that complicated
            It seems some(mostly Abigail haters) are buying into the careless presentation that RC keeps showing in conveniently leaving out that part where Abigail screamed for help to get away from Stefan, proving she was NOT consenting to sex with him in any way! RC thinks that viewers will forget that, if he keeps leaving that part out of the disgusting flashback to the rape, but I think most viewers know and remember that scene, no matter how hard RC tries to forget it and make viewers forget it. Hence the backlash he's received on twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
              Perhaps, there might have been some chemistry testing going on from RC's end, early on, just by putting them in numerous scenes together, but there were NEVER any signs that Abigail was attracted to him. Then the rape he perpetrated on her negated any future hint of a pairing, and the backlash was felt after that. Abigail was NOT jealous when Stefan asked Gabi out. She warned him he was crossing a line into sexual harassment territory. That's what that whole scene was about, there was never any proof on screen that was about jealousy. Abigail was not attracted to him then, and she's not attracted to him now.
              Last edited by Beca Drags; September 4, 2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Chabby lover
                Chabby lover commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you Beca Abigail was not attracted to him and has never been attracted to him and you are right about her not being jealous when Stefan asked Gabi out she was warning him. She is not even attracted to him now either.

• 1sbkmcfan
                1sbkmcfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Like I said, maybe it was my perception of how the actress was portraying Abby but from what I perceived was Abby being attracted to Stefan and being jealous that he asked Gabi out (even though I thought he asked her out just to get a rise out of Abby...which he did).

Add that to Abby's history with relationships it wasn't hard for me to draw that conclusion. She was not faithful in her relationship with Ben and she did not respect the boundaries of Austin/Carrie nor EJ/Sami relationships. She is with Chad now because she was unfaithful to Ben with him.

It will be interesting how the returning actress will play the role now. And what does the actor playing Chad leaving the show mean for Chabby? I would not be surprised if Stefan and Abby are the next couple especially if Chad is not recast.
                Last edited by 1sbkmcfan; September 4, 2018, 12:19 PM.

• Chabby lover
                Chabby lover commented
                Editing a comment
                That is not going to happen the person who plays Abby is also leaving Kate and billy. Abby and Chad are leaving together Abby doesn't want Stefan never has she loves and wants her husband and she will be with Chad Thomas and their daughter charlotte. Stefan more than likely will end up with Gabi or chloe

But Gabby IS the one who pursued him. That makes a huge difference. It's not like Stefan waited until a personality came along that he could manipulate. So IRL you can't argue that Stefan took advantage of her, because the counter argument is that it was the equivalent of her changing her mind on her own. Even if you argue when Abby came out she said no, the other part of her assured him that the answer was yes.
              That's how it might play out IRL.
              And it was the IRL cases I said were complicated. Not this one. This one is easier. The show is telling us what it is, so the argument is fruitless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jj1701 View Post

But Gabby IS the one who pursued him. That makes a huge difference. It's not like Stefan waited until a personality came along that he could manipulate. So IRL you can't argue that Stefan took advantage of her, because the counter argument is that it was the equivalent of her changing her mind on her own. Even if you argue when Abby came out she said no, the other part of her assured him that the answer was yes.
                That's how it might play out IRL.
                And it was the IRL cases I said were complicated. Not this one. This one is easier. The show is telling us what it is, so the argument is fruitless.
                Abby is the host and Stefan knew it. This is why he held Abby down until the symptom of her mental break showed up. IRL an alter cannot consent and if the person dealing with someone with DID is aware they are dealing with the alter, they are in fact raping the host.

This is what have been argued on this board. Nothing else so it is not complicated.

If Stefan met Gabby and had no idea he was dealing with an alter then that is when we can claim it is complicated.

As for those saying Abby is attracted to Stefan, OK, that is what you see; it still does not change the facts he raped her. No means no. Abby screamed no.

Hell I think Kate comes across as being attracted to Chad but she is supposed to be a mother figure. Perception is an interesting thing.

Comment

Abby is the host and Stefan knew it. This is why he held Abby down until the symptom of her mental break showed up. IRL an alter cannot consent and if the person dealing with someone with DID is aware they are dealing with the alter, they are in fact raping the host.

This is what have been argued on this board. Nothing else so it is not complicated.

If Stefan met Gabby and had no idea he was dealing with an alter then that is when we can claim it is complicated.

As for those saying Abby is attracted to Stefan, OK, that is what you see; it still does not change the facts he raped her. No means no. Abby screamed no.

Hell I think Kate comes across as being attracted to Chad but she is supposed to be a mother figure. Perception is an interesting thing.
                  Yes. Abby was the host. Stefan did know that. IRL cases have been spotty on that. If you've found a clear legal precedent I'd love to see it, because I couldn't find one, which is why I don't agree about real life lack of consent at this point.

Again, I never said this case is complicated. Why do you keep saying that? I said IRL cases are more complicated.
                  The show said it was rape. Abby said it, and Chad said it. And now Abby isn't saying that anymore. It's a bad rewrite.
                  It was rape, and now it's not. So the argument is fruitless because the show will make it whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post

It seems some(mostly Abigail haters) are buying into the careless presentation that RC keeps showing in conveniently leaving out that part where Abigail screamed for help to get away from Stefan, proving she was NOT consenting to sex with him in any way! RC thinks that viewers will forget that, if he keeps leaving that part out of the disgusting flashback to the rape, but I think most viewers know and remember that scene, no matter how hard RC tries to forget it and make viewers forget it. Hence the backlash he's received on twitter!
                    I respectfully disagree. The general audience is shaking their heads on why Abby is not in jail. And don't know fully if it was love or not with Stefan. If Stefan and Abby both went to jail, the general audience would know that it was a full rape and Abby could not get away of what she did to the murder of Andre DiMera. From my perspective too, I look at this as a fantasy tale than basing from real life, which is why I am not sure of the rape thing. I do feel that Gabigail and Stefan relationship was love. And that with Abby, she can feel what she had with Stefan when as Gabigail.

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post

I respectfully disagree. The general audience is shaking their heads on why Abby is not in jail. And don't know fully if it was love or not with Stefan. If Stefan and Abby both went to jail, the general audience would know that it was a full rape and Abby could not get away of what she did to the murder of Andre DiMera. From my perspective too, I look at this as a fantasy tale than basing from real life, which is why I am not sure of the rape thing. I do feel that Gabigail and Stefan relationship was love. And that with Abby, she can feel what she had with Stefan when as Gabigail.
                      You can't speak for all of us Tiff. It's not the general audience that are shaking their heads on why Abby is not in jail. It's just you. Why do you hate her so much? Is it because Abby has Chad's whole heart now and Gabi doesn't?

Comment

^ You are right.....but for the general audience, they feel that the story is scattered around. I like to hear from all angles in what the fans feels and do research on why the stories are going that way. I guess it's easier with social media. Back then, we just did not know. Or could have thru what the writers wrote.

As of Abby. No I don't hate her but she makes tons of mistakes. And the with CHABBY being happy alone, well it's just not moving me at the moment. But with Stefan in the mix, it did made CHABBY interesting. I do see thou, in general, that the audience will see CHABBY coming together when Gabi stuff comes out.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X