Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making sense of Abigail's reaction to Stefan.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story of STEBIGAIL is two sided. I feel based on what Marlena said, that Abby's alters are her feelings! She admired her grandma, and that she was curious of Stefan. I do think there are some feelings for Abby to Stefan. Those feelings, can also be friendship than love, but that will depend. I also feel that since Abby slept with two brothers, the writers who loved EJABBY thought that this can be appealing. They seem to like CABI too, to have Chad in Gabi's circle again.

Comment

• Beca Drags
      Beca Drags commented
      Editing a comment
      tiff5555 What proof has there been played out on screen that support that Abigail, herself, has feelings for Stefan?? There's been NOTHING to support or show that Abby has romantic feelings for him. Abby did NOT "sleep with two brothers" She slept with one, when she wasn't even with Chad. They were completely broken up and Chad wasn't even in Salem. It was a mistake that she regrets and moved on from, and plays NO PART in this story. The second half brother, Stefan, Raped Abigail, she didn't choose to sleep with him. I wish people would stop ignoring the part where Abigail emerged screaming for help, which proves she was NOT consenting to sex with Stefan, which makes it rape!!

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post
    Trashing Abby’s character was giving her multiple mental illnesses in my opinion. Trashing Stefan’s newly introduced character was done by having him rape Abigail. You keep saying that Stefan doesn’t have rights to “his” baby because he raped Abby, but I never saw an episode where Stefan was charged with raping Abigail.

Abby may have been disgusted by Stefan but she and her alters spent more time with Stefan than with Chad, who was busy making sure Gabi was faring okay. And now it seems that Stefan is more concern about her well being than Chad.

If the writers make a coupe out of Stebby, I want mind. Part of ABIGAIL, which is Gabby, loves Stefan and knows that Stefan loves her. Plus, Abigail may like the memories of Stefan wanting and paying attention to only her without having the ex always popping up. And the sex may have been good.
    It was completely in character to give Abby DID. She has a family history of mental illness.

Comment

• karebr13
      karebr13 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is exactly why I don't understand why some Abby fans on this board have such a major problem with RC writing a mental illness storyline for her. Mental illness runs in both her mother and father's families so it makes perfect sense that Abby would end up having a mental illness. Her grandma Laura was mentally sick and I can't remember who it was on Jack's side of the family that was mentally sick but I remember somebody was. I actually enjoy the mental illness angle because it totally makes sense that Abby would come down with the disease. It adds layers to her character.

• Beca Drags
      Beca Drags commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a problem with it, because the DID illness, came out of nowhere and I knew it was just a tacky plot point, just to excuse Abigail into sex with Stefan, without having her technically cheat on Chad.(That was admitted by RC himself in his own words.) Which is stupid anyway, cause they're now equating the rape with cheating. I knew early on, they weren't going to explore or give Abby's mental illness story the depth that it deserved. They haven't even shown one moment of any therapy, so that's why I didn't want the mental illness story, especially DID. Abby had PTSD, that doesn't turn into DID.

Thank you for starting this post because it's something I've been wrestling with. I can't figure Abby out. Why would she allow Stefan in her home, and why would she allow him to touch her stomach. I don't really know how she feels about Stefan or Chad. Does Abby even love Chad? because she has spent most of her relationship trying to get away from him.

I don't understand Stefan either, he was willing to throw his life away for an alter. If Stefan was a caring person I could buy him being attracted to Gaby because she needed help, but he is callous and mean.

Comment

• Chabby lover
      Chabby lover commented
      Editing a comment
      Abby has not spent any of her relationship with Chad trying to get away from him. That has been nothing I have seen even when she faked her death she wasn't trying to get away from Chad she was trying to get herself healthy and then come home to Chad. Abby does love Chad he is the love of he life and the only man she loves.

• Cat women
      Cat women commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't mean this as a dis to the couple, obviously they're very popular for a reason. However going back to the horrid triangle with Cameron, the writers didn't write it as Chad being her great love, then she chose Ben who was a terrible bore. I just feel the writers haven't really made Abby's feelings as clear as Chads. I want to understand her better, she's an important character on the show, and her relationship with Chad is central to the show, so they should delve into why Abby does what she does, ie invite Stefan into her home and allow him to touch her stomach. I like Abby's character because she's complex, but I need some help understanding why her actions don't match what we expect from her.

• CallAboutTheCat
      CallAboutTheCat commented
      Editing a comment
      Cat women, I agree with your comment. (And I say this as an Abby fan. I don't see it as as threat to say she's complex and her motivations are sometimes unclear.) I do think that in the MM era we've seen her show great love and devotion to Chad, which has usually (although not always) managed to win out over her amazing ability to complicate her own life. (Heck, her devotion was the reason she left him at the altar at their vow renewal -- she truly thought he'd be happier with someone else and was trying to be self-sacrificial.) There have been introspective moments when she's made clear statements about her motives -- that talk KM's Abigail had at the Pub with Chad after being rescued from the fire pops to mind. She basically told Chad she'd always loved him and knew she should be with him, not Ben.

So that's great. But the problem for me comes in when we see that a big part of her interior being clearly was attracted to Stefan and wanted to be with him. And then when she's back to being just "Abigail," none of that is there. MM plays this with coldness and inscrutability -- maybe because she secretly didn't want Abigail to be attracted to Stefan or because she just didn't see it in the writing? I chose to attribute Abigail letting Stefan touch her belly to how kind she is deep down, and how confused she was by the situation. But is there attraction there? I don't know. I do wish the writers would have her give stronger statements about why she's doing what she's doing. But I think, as others do, that the writers are purposely making her vague right now to open the door for an attraction to Stefan. (And I should also add that I'm open to that.)

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
    The story of STEBIGAIL is two sided. I feel based on what Marlena said, that Abby's alters are her feelings! She admired her grandma, and that she was curious of Stefan. I do think there are some feelings for Abby to Stefan. Those feelings, can also be friendship than love, but that will depend. I also feel that since Abby slept with two brothers, the writers who loved EJABBY thought that this can be appealing. They seem to like CABI too, to have Chad in Gabi's circle again.
    Good post. I get the need to stick to an argument just because acknowledging some things makes one feel like they are conceding points or changing their mind. Honestly, I could care less about the perception of losing an argument. I'm really interested to see how the current narrative is developed. For some, it will always be rape and there's no discussion to the contrary. However, for many others, the science is not settled on DID and many human theories, and doctors really don't know the inner workings of the human mind as much as they would like their patients to believe. I find your explanation to be much more plausible than the ones put forth by the Stefan naysayers simply because of Abigail's continued interactions with Stefan and her past history with the men she has pursued. The passion potential is a side of Abigail that manifested through Gabby, based on a friend she loved and admired and likely wanted to be like in a lot of ways. There's a lot of ways they can have this story play out. I think the most predictable is the one that a vocal minority here is advocating, which follows the narrative they will never abandon even though the characters don't share their agenda.

Comment

• tiff5555
      tiff5555 commented
      Editing a comment
      You should post most often! It's a good indepth post!

• CherryPoppins
      CherryPoppins commented
      Editing a comment
      Awww, thanks tiff! I try, but on certain topics I can tell persuasion will never work so I'm content with letting someone else have the last word.

Originally posted by anitalyfe View Post
    Abby was raped. I dislike her. But she was raped. I think Ron is trying to save Stefan but facts are still facts. It greatly disturbs me how people use fandom wars to argue stupid plot points like parenting but this rape debate shouldn't even exist.

Abby sucks. For a lot of reasons. But she shouldn't be forced to deal with her rapist. Period.

Soaps treat sexual assault so poorly and with such little regard and we continue to wonder why as a society we have trouble with the word "consent".
    Thank you! This post means a lot since I do know you're not an Abby fan. You're so right, there shouldn't even be a debate about this. It was absolutely rape, and shame on RC for trying to back track on it now, just to try and save his precious new character.

Comment

Abby was raped. I dislike her. But she was raped. I think Ron is trying to save Stefan but facts are still facts. It greatly disturbs me how people use fandom wars to argue stupid plot points like parenting but this rape debate shouldn't even exist.

Abby sucks. For a lot of reasons. But she shouldn't be forced to deal with her rapist. Period.

Soaps treat sexual assault so poorly and with such little regard and we continue to wonder why as a society we have trouble with the word "consent".
      Thank you for saying this knowing you are not a fan of the character Abby.

Marlena warned Stefan an alter could not consent. He knew this and he still went ahead and held Abby down as she screamed until the alter came out. He raped Abby and he knows it.

Stefan was and is willing to keep Abby in a mental breakdown so he can have Gabby a symptom of her illness. What kind of love is that??? The alter Gabby hates Abby’s family and friends; so Stefan is willing for her to be away from Thomas, JJ and Jennifer; the people Abby loves the most. How in Hell can he claim to love her.

If Stefan truly loves Abby he would want her in the best health possible and not be hoping for a mental breakdown to get his way.

As an Abby fan first I will never ever wish that rapist creep on her. Ron ruined any possibility of an Abby and Stefan romance for my liking, when he showed Stefan raping Abby instead of getting her help when she was her most vulnerable.

Oh and by the way the show is still calling it rape by having Steve saying it over and over again. And even if no one ever called it rape again it means squat; because I saw with my own eyes what Ron put on screen originally; a man holding a woman down until her alter, who could not consent legally or morally, showed up and then the man RAPED her.

Comment

• Abby_fan
        Abby_fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Stefan loves Gabby, not Abby.

Originally posted by lovelydtc View Post
      Thank you for saying this knowing you are not a fan of the character Abby.

Marlena warned Stefan an alter could not consent. He knew this and he still went ahead and held Abby down as she screamed until the alter came out. He raped Abby and he knows it.

Stefan was and is willing to keep Abby in a mental breakdown so he can have Gabby a symptom of her illness. What kind of love is that??? The alter Gabby hates Abby’s family and friends; so Stefan is willing for her to be away from Thomas, JJ and Jennifer; the people Abby loves the most. How in Hell can he claim to love her.

If Stefan truly loves Abby he would want her in the best health possible and not be hoping for a mental breakdown to get his way.

As an Abby fan first I will never ever wish that rapist creep on her. Ron ruined any possibility of an Abby and Stefan romance for my liking, when he showed Stefan raping Abby instead of getting her help when she was her most vulnerable.

Oh and by the way the show is still calling it rape by having Steve saying it over and over again. And even if no one ever called it rape again it means squat; because I saw with my own eyes what Ron put on screen originally; a man holding a woman down until her alter, who could not consent legally or morally, showed up and then the man RAPED her.
      BRAVO and Well said!! I just don't understand how it can be argued that this was not rape?? Just because RC wants the viewers to forget that part where Abigail, herself, emerged screaming for help and making it absolutely, 100% crystal clear, she was NOT consenting to sex with him, doesn't mean that viewers will forget it. Maybe some do, because they don't like the character of Abigail, even hate her, but, there's NO dispute that Abigail, herself, lucid, in her right mind, did come out and expressed very strongly she wanted NO PART of sex with him. RC seems to think it's okay to keep showing that flashback, which seems to present it as consensual, but conveniently leaving out that part where it was clear Abigail was NOT consenting. He can try to ignore it all he wants, he can even have Abby herself, now say it wasn't rape,(which I don't think Abigail has specifically said that it was not. They've muddied it up what Abigail thinks now) and they can have every other character he wants to now try to back track on it being rape, but IT WON'T WORK!!!!!!! Yep, RC can write anything he wants, but I know what I saw and what millions of other viewers saw, and that was Abigail screaming for help and NOT consenting, which makes it rape and any time there is rape between a couple there should NEVER, NEVER, EVER be a romance made between them!!!!

Comment

This is just my interpretation. But I do feel like Marci Miller plays her scenes with Stefan as if she’s sorta attracted to him. She wants to completely hate him because of what he did to her and Chad. However, there was a part of her who loved Stefan. That part of her is still inside of her.

Comment

• Chabby lover
          Chabby lover commented
          Editing a comment
          Marci does not play her part as if she is attracted to Stefan. From what I seen she plays her part of someone disgusted by him she has no feelings for him and she hates him for raping her and what he has done to Chad. There is no part of her that loves or has ever loved Stefan. Marci plays her part of someone completely in love with Chad and willingly to fight for their family.

You know what, even if Abby is attracted to Stefan he still raped her. You can be attracted to someone and still choose to not have sex with them. Consent is required for the sex to not be rape. An alter cannot consent. It is like a pedophile teacher saying his 15 year old student initiated the sex. In Abby’s mental state at the time she could not consent and Stefan knew it. He was aware the personality with the black wig “asking for it” was incapable of making valid decisions for Abby. He took advantage of her illness to screw her.

Comment

Soaps are not here for our moral compass. People in real life shouldn’t look to soaps for morality and justice. IJS

Comment

Originally posted by BradyG View Post

It was completely in character to give Abby DID. She has a family history of mental illness.
            Well I guess it was in character for Stefan to be a rapist as well since his brother, EJ; father, Stefano; and cousin, Lawerence were all rapist. So it is not his fault. But I still say Abigail didn’t have to be given a mental illness.

Comment

• Silentfan
              Silentfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Andre also tried to rape a woman back when he was the Salem Slasher.

Originally posted by LizWebberFan View Post
            This is just my interpretation. But I do feel like Marci Miller plays her scenes with Stefan as if she’s sorta attracted to him. She wants to completely hate him because of what he did to her and Chad. However, there was a part of her who loved Stefan. That part of her is still inside of her.
            Marci does play her part as being utterly and completely in love with Chad. But Marci and Tyler have awesome chemistry. That makes it hard to see how disgusted Abby is by Stefan.

Comment

Beca Drags Abby's D.I.D actually didn't come out of nowhere. It obviously came about after Abby accidentally killed Andre in self defense and the trauma of what she had done was too great that she couldn't handle it and it caused her personality to split.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post

Marci does play her part as being utterly and completely in love with Chad. But Marci and Tyler have awesome chemistry. That makes it hard to see how disgusted Abby is by Stefan.
                I do think Chad is the one she’s in love with and wants to be with. But there’s something about the Abby/Stefan scenes that makes me feel she’s a little intrigued with Stefan. I don’t think she’s in love with him, but there was a part of her that felt real emotions for him. I don’t think that’s completely gone away, even tho I completely don’t support what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by LizWebberFan View Post
                  Actually, you made the real statement in how I feel as a general viewer. Dont care much of CHABBY, but I do acknowledge that they are popular, but also sense with a fanbase, when Stefan first arrived, they just did not wanted him in CHABBY circle. I feel too, if it's not too late, more stuff will be happening to Abby in the near future. Trying to balance out her feelings and if Gabigail might reappear again, if it's thru her feelings. Abby, I feel may not be okay in a long haul. She needs to tackle her problems.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X