Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making sense of Abigail's reaction to Stefan.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making sense of Abigail's reaction to Stefan.

This storyline could be interesting if the writers would do it right. What I mean, like many of you at first I was taken aback at Abby letting Stefan talk her out of the abortion and allowing him to tell belly or any part of her body.

Where the writers are screwing this up is not giving us a reason why Abby would ever listen to Stefan. My theory is if not brainwashing her, could be that Abby could be in conflict between her love for Chad and her alter's feelings for Stefan and her dealing with those feelings.

I could buy that just wish the writers would think of that.

Yeah she is not conflicted because she has no feelings for Stefan and never has. Stefan is just her rapist. She loves Chad and only Chad and that is who she loves completely. Stefan was only able make her not get an abortion by the words he said and she realized the baby was a part of her. She doesn't even call it Stefan's baby she calls it her baby and she wants to raise her child with Chad and only Chad.

Comment

That's exactly what it is. Abigail herself feels nothing but disdain for Stefan. That's been portrayed and proven on screen. She gets confused when she thinks about the memories she now remembers from her alter's "feelings" for Stefan, which are the opposite. I think Abigail is thinking, because her alter felt attraction and "love" for Stefan, that Abigail herself has to feel that too and she doesn't. Her love is only for Chad. It seems to me, Abigail doesn't have a clear understanding of what her illness means. All I see is confusion when she thinks about her illness.

Comment

I don’t think Stefan convincing Abby not to abort the baby was about him. I think she just realized that the baby was a part of her and she was taking responsibility for her actions. As for Stefan touching her belly I think she just wanted to get him off her back although I think it was poor judgement on her part to do that. With regards to her illness I definitely think there are parts she still doesn’t fully understand. I think the show should have focused more on her recovery and spending time on her coming to terms with her illness.

Comment

I do think when she let him touch her belly, it was absolutely nothing to do with Abby having any type of feeling for him. It was truly about her just wanting to get rid of him. He pretty much emotionally brow beat her into letting him touch her belly. Yeah, she could have still stopped him, but emotional exhaustion over everything, will cause bad judgment and bad choices. She certainly wasn't enjoying it, and has no plan to even share this pregnancy with him.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guy.

Comment

Interesting topic OP. Personally I think Ron is attempting to do a rapemance by testing the waters and not going in full force. IA with Beca and Blondie analysis for the most part; but IMO mostly all this is lazy writing.

Comment

I like this thread.

I feel that Abby is a nice person with a kind heart and knows that her alter Gabby loved Stefan, and as twisted as it was, Stefan loved Gabby. Abigail is dealing with more than one person should. She is navigating through this as best she can. Letting Stefan fell the baby kick wasn’t wrong. It is his child too as of now. He didn’t talk her out of the abortion either, he just help persuade her to keep the child, which is also hers.

Abby is doing treatments for her mental state and is also taking medication. The less stressful her life is the better. She is only trying to do what she feel is for the best, and appeasing Stefan for a few minutes isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things.

I like Abby, and I like Stefan, and I also like Abby and Stefan together. If Ron wants to go with a rapemance between the two, I wouldn’t mind. Stranger things have happened!

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
                  CallAboutTheCat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree and co-sign!

I'm one of those rare viewers who's open to a Stefan/Abigail relationship and I agree with this:

Originally posted by Bronson View Post
                Where the writers are screwing this up is not giving us a reason why Abby would ever listen to Stefan. My theory is if not brainwashing her, could be that Abby could be in conflict between her love for Chad and her alter's feelings for Stefan and her dealing with those feelings.

I could buy that just wish the writers would think of that.
                I could buy it too. And there have been a couple of hints dropped that Abby could still be in conflict because of how "Gabby" was integrated into her. (When she was talking to Stefan in the park after coming back from therapy, and talking about how she'd had to accept Gabby as part of herself, she had that flashback to her and Stefan in bed.) But the writers haven't done too much with this. And that bothers me. Even if I were dead-set against anything developing between Abigail and Stefan, I'd still like to see her struggling in some way. It's not interesting to me to have her disappear to Boston, say "I'm all better now," and then we never even see a flash or a glimpse of Gabby again. We should sometimes see her fighting that part of herself, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_fan View Post
                  I like this thread.

I feel that Abby is a nice person with a kind heart and knows that her alter Gabby loved Stefan, and as twisted as it was, Stefan loved Gabby. Abigail is dealing with more than one person should. She is navigating through this as best she can. Letting Stefan fell the baby kick wasn’t wrong. It is his child too as of now. He didn’t talk her out of the abortion either, he just help persuade her to keep the child, which is also hers.

Abby is doing treatments for her mental state and is also taking medication. The less stressful her life is the better. She is only trying to do what she feel is for the best, and appeasing Stefan for a few minutes isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things.

I like Abby, and I like Stefan, and I also like Abby and Stefan together. If Ron wants to go with a rapemance between the two, I wouldn’t mind. Stranger things have happened!
                  Sorry Abby_fan I disagree that she wasn't wrong. Abby was most definitely wrong, but I don't hold it much against her as I said, she was exhausted and overwhelmed with everything and seemed to me, she just wanted to get rid of him.

As for Stefan being within his rights to touch her belly, NO! He should have absolutely no rights to touch any part of her, since he is her rapist. I would love to see Abby fighting him with everything in her, including taking that creep to court if she has to, to keep him away from her and anything pertaining to her pregnancy and that child after it's born. Rapists deserve ZERO rights and I wish Abigail would have slapped him again, when he tried to touch her belly, like she did other times.

Any hint of a rapemance between Abby and Stefan would be completely and utterly trashing the character of Abigail and I pray to the soap Gods, they NEVER go there. He's a disgusting POC and Abby shouldn't have to interact with him at all. She deserves way better than to be forced with and saddled to have feelings for her rapist!

Comment

Trashing Abby’s character was giving her multiple mental illnesses in my opinion. Trashing Stefan’s newly introduced character was done by having him rape Abigail. You keep saying that Stefan doesn’t have rights to “his” baby because he raped Abby, but I never saw an episode where Stefan was charged with raping Abigail.

Abby may have been disgusted by Stefan but she and her alters spent more time with Stefan than with Chad, who was busy making sure Gabi was faring okay. And now it seems that Stefan is more concern about her well being than Chad.

If the writers make a coupe out of Stebby, I want mind. Part of ABIGAIL, which is Gabby, loves Stefan and knows that Stefan loves her. Plus, Abigail may like the memories of Stefan wanting and paying attention to only her without having the ex always popping up. And the sex may have been good.

Comment

• Beca Drags
                      Beca Drags commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will never understand thinking a rapist is better for Abigail than Chad, her husband who does love her and never made her do something that she didn't want. Just because Stefan was never charged with rape, doesn't negate that it was absolutely rape! RC may want the viewers to forget that scene where Abigail emerged screaming for help, but I and I know many, many others who won't forget that part, which made it absolute rape. Also, just because the writing has decided to make Chad look bad, he will NEVER be worse than Stefan, who is now a rapist. Stefan isn't concerned about Abigail, if he was, he would have gotten her help for her mental illness the moment he saw how broken she was. Anyone that could use her mental illness against her and then rape her in her mental incapacity, is NEVER someone that cares more about Abigail than Chad.

• Abby_fan
                      Abby_fan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beca Drags We will never agree on this one but it is okay. We still both love Abigail.

Abby has not shown not even one sign of being the R word! She has not filed charges, she hasn't taken out a protective order, she hasn't called nor threaten to call the police! She finds any and every reason possible including interjecting herself in his orbit to be alone with him AND divulge personal marital information to him! Abby is acting and behaving exactly as she did, when Stefan exposed himself to her, when she was playing "good-cop" to protect "Thomas' legacy!" When Stefan barged in, she did not scream for help, or picked up the phone to call or threatened to call the police! Big deal, she slapped him! He's immune to that! What she did next is what matters! Soon after slapping him, she became passive aggressive drama queen and screamed out in pain, bent over and was barely able to sit down, while holding her stomach! Of course, he wanted to help and she wanted the attention so she let him bond with feeling the baby kick! She was NOT "frustrated", "exhausted", "overwhelmed" nor did he "brow beat her!" She loved and wanted his attention bc that's who she is, she'd do any and everything to get attention!

Comment

• Abby_fan
                      Abby_fan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Maybe she likes him. He’s a hottie. Plus, he may be good in bed.

Abby was raped. I dislike her. But she was raped. I think Ron is trying to save Stefan but facts are still facts. It greatly disturbs me how people use fandom wars to argue stupid plot points like parenting but this rape debate shouldn't even exist.

Abby sucks. For a lot of reasons. But she shouldn't be forced to deal with her rapist. Period.

Soaps treat sexual assault so poorly and with such little regard and we continue to wonder why as a society we have trouble with the word "consent".

Comment

Stefan raped Abigail. Abigail was only Gabby when she was sick. Stefan knew he was having sex with the part of Abby that was sick. He knew what he was doing and had read a book about the subject so he knew Abigail wasn't in her right mind to consent. If Stefan is holding on to his pillow at night hoping that Gabby comes back to him then he is obviously unstable as well.

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
                        ALoyalSoapFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Abby also read Kim's book! After all, he found it in the DiMera's library!

The show's not calling it rape anymore. So Abby isn't interacting with her rapist anymore. That changes the dynamic entirely. Her reaction to Stefan through that lens makes more sense. She's not averse to him touching her. She's not afraid of him. I get that people are pissed, but it is what it is.

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
                        ALoyalSoapFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ICAM, Jj1701! I couldn't careless how many times it's written in every line of every sentence, it doesn't make it true! Therefore, I will go by what's shown on screen
                        The show's not calling it rape anymore. So Abby isn't interacting with her rapist anymore. That changes the dynamic entirely. Her reaction to Stefan through that lens makes more sense. She's not averse to him touching her. She's not afraid of him. I get that people are pissed, but it is what it is.

• Abby_fan
                        Abby_fan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just like EJ raped Sami, it was called rape until it wasn’t. Now EJ is considered the love of her life. This is a soap.

• Jj1701
                        Jj1701 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly. It was rape but now it's not.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X