Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anyone Tired of Kate?

I'm not sure if I'm all alone on this subject, but I've really had my fill of Kate. All of her kids are out of the picture and the writers seem determined to keep her in the mix of everything. With all due respect to LK, do we need to see so much of this character?

YES. I'm exhausted with her.

But... that doesn't mean I want to see less of the character. I just want to see less of her bedding men and then getting screwed over by them. How many times have we seen this. Enough.

I'd be interesting in seeing her do something different. I liked her when she supported Adrienne through her chemo. That gave her another layer that made her interesting -- it was like cool, she can be this amoral, conscience-free villain, but also really loving and caring.

But if they just want to make her fall in bed with more guys and try to be a cutthroat business person, then yeah, count me out.

Comment

• gymguy68
      gymguy68 commented
      Editing a comment
      YES!! It was great to see a softer side of her as she was Adrienne's "rock" for a while. How many times can they keep re-hashing her story line, like you said. Fall in bed with more guys and the cutthroat business woman..she's becoming predictable.

I have to agree with CallAboutTheCat.

Comment

• gymguy68
      gymguy68 commented
      Editing a comment
      DEFINITELY! Glad to hear that there are some of us on the same page.

I love Kate. She is the male Stefano. She makes Days interesting and I it would get cancelled without characters like her. Kristen Blake is the one I can’t stand because she has no redeemable qualities and is written way too cartoonish.

Comment

• gymguy68
      gymguy68 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love Kate too but I think she's in TOO MANY story lines doing the same thing. If they are going to give her a love interest, then the writers should keep that person on. Up until now, everyone she's been paired with either dies, leaves or breaks up with her. Kate needs a new avenue and we need to see at least one of her kids scripted with her.

• CallAboutTheCat
      CallAboutTheCat commented
      Editing a comment
      gymguy68 That's why I was so bummed that Andre ended up dying. These two were hilarious together, always sparring, and I would've loved to see them in a long-term marriage where they were kind of "frenemies," maybe never completely trusting each other but having each other's backs in the end. I never bought Kate doing the teary-eyed "I was so close to finding true love" routine, like she did after Eduardo left and after Andre died.

l love Kate, even though they give her the same crappy story over and over (fall for evil guy, bad things ensue). She is beautiful and strong and doesn't whine and fights like a tiger for what she wants, even if it's often misguided. Would like to see some of her children back, especially Phillip.

Comment

I can do without Kate but then again I can do without a lot of people on the show but more importantly I can do without Kate I hate her and I don't get how she can pretend to care about Chad while keeping him from his child. I don't know why she has to be on the show still I wish she would disappear and take her mini me with her Gabi.

Comment

I really used to love Kate. Until she pulled Theo into her schemes. That wasn't cool. I hope she'll go back to just business schemes.

Comment

I love Kate but I like her better when she is apart of the Kiriakis clan instead of the Dimera clan. I would rather see Victor and Kate get back together and have Philip come back to town. Kate never fit in with the Dimeras and should have never married Stefano and Andre. It would be great if Victor could kick Maggie to the curb and have Kate be his partner in crime like she was always meant to be. I absolutely hate Victor and Maggie together and Kate is a much more suited partner for him like Nicole used to be.

Comment

Gymguy, you definitely have company! I've been tired of Kate for a long time. I'm tired of her schemes and I'm tired of her always getting away with everything. I do like her relationship with Will and I enjoyed her story with Adrienne - it was refreshing to see her so caring and supportive. But that side of her is so seldom seen. Most of the time she's plotting and manipulating and screwing someone over, even her own kids (Lucas comes to mind). If she left tomorrow I wouldn't miss her. JMO.

Comment

• CallAboutTheCat
              CallAboutTheCat commented
              Editing a comment
              All true. One thing I think really bugs me about Kate is that despite all the plotting and manipulating (and kidnapping and murder, etc.) she does, she still somehow gets accepted into "polite society." Like, she's BFFs with Marlena, and everyone was all worried about her when she married Andre -- like he'd be a bad influence on HER? I don't really get it. I'd rather she be treated by more people as what she truly is: A completely self-absorbed, often criminal person that's very dangerous to get close to.

• July Baby
              July Baby commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, CATC. That bugs me, too. Despite all the crap she's pulled, including trying to send Sami to death row, both Marlena and Roman are good friends with her, and Roman even tried to rekindle their romance recently (that kiss at the Brady Pub, witnessed by her husband, Andre). And Chad has a blind spot where she's concerned. It's very puzzling and annoying at times, IMHO.

Nope. Not even a little bit tired of her. She is one of my guilty pleasures in life. I know I should be appalled by her but instead I feel the opposite.

Comment

I love Kate Roberts! We need more of her and that hunky sexy guy, Ted!!! And Susan in the mix! ....

Comment

LOL, Tiff! Gilles says he has lots more scenes with Kate coming up that they haven't aired yet, so you'll get your wish there!

But adding Susan to the mix? OMG!
                mahdi
                Moderator: DAYS Forum, soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me.

Comment

I hate Kate! I’ve been sick of her ever since she returned on the fishing boat all those years ago. She’s been a terrible mother to her children and will betray anyone to get what she wants. I rooted for almost every character who’s ever gone up against her. I wish she was shot and presumed dead instead of Vivian.

Comment

• gymguy68
                    gymguy68 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing against LK; I think she's an incredible actor. But at this point it just seems that Kate has nowhere to go. If Salem needs someone to stir up trouble on a regular basis, we have Kristen DiMera. Or, pass the torch onto Sami, Chloe, Nicole or Bonnie. Kate has given us a good run, but at this point, she's just out of gas.

Yeah she should've been killed off ages ago. She's as cartoonish to me as Kristen except she can coexist in society unlike Kristen who pops in and out so her cartoonish ways are okay to me.

I didn't mind her when she was around her actual children but after putting her in the Dimera orbit she was pointless to me. She was best when she was married to Victor.

Comment

• karebr13
                    karebr13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am glad that I am not the only one who liked her so much better when she was involved with Victor. The show should have kept her in the Kiriakis orbit instead of placing her in the Dimera orbit. Victor really needs someone like him to keep him happy. The show should have never had him and Maggie get together let alone have them get married. Maggie just doesn't fit in with the Kiriakis family and Kate does since she is so much like Victor in every way possible.

• CanaryFan98
                    CanaryFan98 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yep she won't have the same hangups plus she can take over the family with Victor's failing health.

I love Kate. I just want her to have a more interesting story. Not a sexy one, an interesting, story of intrigue. They aren't utilizing her talents right now; she seems more like a place-holder.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X