This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabi's story parallels Nick

This is a post that's been percolating in my brain for sometime and having the fall preview I think it's good time to run it by you rive folks. This might be long one so you might want go a grab a coke or fix yourself a sandwich before you dig into this baby. Are we ready? Good because here we go.

Nick went to prison for killing a man. I wasn't watching at the time but from what I've read Trent Robbins *the guy Nick killed* wasn't exactly a great loss to humanity While he was in prison Nick endured horrible abuse that scarred him psychologically. When he got out of prison he tied to make a life for himself with Gabi. But he kept what happened to him secret. He let it fester inside him and it drove him to some dark places. He played games with an innocent unborn child's life by blackmailing Will into signing away his parental rights before Arianna was born.

Then over time he became more and more obsessed with Gabi to the point where he tried to rape her and she him with a rock thinking she skilled him and he was thrown into the river by Kate, Sami and Gab he let them think he was dead after he was saved by the bird-watcher Percy. Then when he came back he falsely claimed he couldn't remember what happened. Then he blackmailed Kate into giving him his job back. He blackmailed E>J. by threatening to reveal his tryst with Abigail and was starting threaten Abigail as well. He blackmailed Gabi into being with him and emotionally abused her.

Then after a conversation with Julie Nick had a moment of epiphany and called Marlena. Unfortunately right after Nick left a voice-mail for Marlena a frightened, desperate, pushed to the brink Gabi showed up and we know hat happened them. Would Nick have followed through on his call to Marlena? Could he have been eventually redeemed? Maybe, but then again maybe not. Sadly those are questions we will never have answered.

But the consensus on the boards seems toe yes;, Nick could have been redeemed.

Now we have Gabi. She went to prison for Nick's murder, yes, yes, she only served fifteen months of her sentence and was released on a technicality. But she went to prison nevertheless. In the two years after her release I would say she's a done a good job of rebuilding her life with Arianna. Admittedly she hasn't always made the best choices romantically speaking but that's soaps for ya. But she wasn't scheming against people or committing crimes. She was living a good life.

Then she was framed for Andre's murder. She was savagely beaten and that beating has scarred her both psychologically and physically. She may never have another child. I just want to make clear I realize the abuse Nick suffered was repeated over a sustained period of time and what happened to Gabi was physical and not rape. I'm not saying the situations are exactly the same just similar enough to draw parallels. I know. Kayla just said it was a possibility and that's not been officially confirmed. But the important thing t is that is what Gabi believes and belief is enough to fuel her rage.

Gabi has been driven to a dark place at the moment she's all about revenge and I believe has lost her bearings. She is all about revenge.

Now maybe I'm way off on this whole parallel thing but as I write this I am becoming more confident that moment of epiphany will come to Gabi as well and I'm just hoping that it's sooner rather then later. And Gabi will seek the help I believe she needs before it's too late.

Land-a-goshin but I do go on when an idea comes mind don't I? Well, you can't say I didn't warn you.

While I see your point, plenty of people will disagree. Because if Gabi is Nick, then Abby is Gabi in this scenario.
    Oh, and most of the Abby fans keep going on about how evil Gabi is and she can't be redeemed. But they think Nick could have been.

Comment

Great post Troy44. Very well-written and insightful. I hadn't noticed the parallels you mentioned until I read your post.
      ​​
      For me, I look at motivation. Nick was obsessed with Gabi, and it escalated to the point of abuse and violence. Gabi didn't do anything to deserve Nick's wrath. That's what makes Gabi's 'obsession,' if you will, with Abigail more understandable. Abigail, who had a mental illness, got away not only with murder, but also with framing an innocent person for her crime. Gabi killed Nick and served time in prison. Abigail killed Andre, and framed Gabi, who was again sent to prison. Gabi doesn't care that Abigail had alters- so what? I GUARANTEE if anyone was framed by another person for murder and sent to prison, they wouldn't be so understanding of Abigail's mental illness. Especially when her only punishment was a 2 week vacation with her grandmother.

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
        ALoyalSoapFan
        Scriptwriter
        ALoyalSoapFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Regardless, Gabriella was in prison longer then Abby was insta-cured mentally and insta-integrated by the same grandmother that sent her home mentally cured, when her family, friends, love ones, Chabi and her son were mourning her death!

• Abby_fan
        Abby_fan
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        Abby_fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Abigail going to jail wouldn’t have changed Gabi’s experience. I don’t get why Abigail being incarcerated for an accidental shooting would change what happened to Gabi.

• ALoyalSoapFan
        ALoyalSoapFan
        Scriptwriter
        ALoyalSoapFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, I truly believe Abby should be permanently and always and forever locked up in an asylum for the criminally insane! I truly couldn't careless if she's in prison or an asylum, as long as she's OFF my TV is all that matters!

Gabi is not Nick. Gabi is her own character. What’s happening to her is the just usual Chabby propping bus running over another victim. The same thing happened to Ben in 2015. Somehow every time Abby does something wrong to someone, the narrative always have that person reacts in the most disproportional way to make Abby the victim again.

Abby cheated on Ben, lied to him and spent weeks gaslighting him about his ‘insecurities’ and doubts when it comes to Chad. She kept telling Ben that she wanted to stay with him when she knew damn well that she wanted Chad.
      Abby was even heartbroken when she thought the baby was Ben’s, you know her boyfriend at the time. Her behavior towards Ben was sleazy and disgusting but the narrative found a way to whitewash her and demonize Ben. He snapped and became the serial killer. Out of a sudden everything wrong Abby did to him paled in comparison.

The same sickening thing is happening to Gabi right now. She is justified in everything she is doing and Abby deserves to pay.

I refuse to be manipulated into rooting for this awful character that is Abby. No matter how far Gabi will take it, I know Ron will pull her back from the darkness.

Hey, Ben made it out so I have faith that my girl will be just fine.

In the meantime I will enjoy Gabi’s revenge the same way i enjoyed Ben setting that cabin on fire to torch Chabby.

Comment

• ALoyalSoapFan
        ALoyalSoapFan
        Scriptwriter
        ALoyalSoapFan commented
        Editing a comment
        ICAM! In fact, I'd root for Rope and Tripp b4 I'd ever thinking about considering rooting for Abby!

• ckg1
        ckg1
        ckg1 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s right Loyal...you know it’s bad if I’d root for Rope before Abby. Even with Hope, I got a sense of emotional distress with the Stefano issue but with Abby I get nothing emotionally. Zero, zilch, nothing but that cold far away stare. I think she should be called the fair witch.

• ALoyalSoapFan
        ALoyalSoapFan
        Scriptwriter
        ALoyalSoapFan commented
        Editing a comment
        Personally, ckg, I'm not nor ever will be one of the haters that claim, as they claim about Gabriella that if Abby did this or if Abby did that then I'd like and forgive her! She could help every elderly women across the street and get hit and killed by a car or save every wild life and trampled by cattle or whatever, it won't matter, I will still w/o an iota of doubt always and forever hate/despise/loathe Abby!

Abby cannot get the fig tree PERMANENTLY off my TV fast enough and she can take her lapdogs, losers the DiMera's siblings that's constantly fighting and sniffing after her, with her!

Gabi isn't like Nick and thier stories aren't the same Gabi is no more evil then Saint Abby who literally got away with Murder !

Comment

Originally posted by Troy44 View Post
        This is a post that's been percolating in my brain for sometime and having the fall preview I think it's good time to run it by you rive folks. This might be long one so you might want go a grab a coke or fix yourself a sandwich before you dig into this baby. Are we ready? Good because here we go.

Nick went to prison for killing a man. I wasn't watching at the time but from what I've read Trent Robbins *the guy Nick killed* wasn't exactly a great loss to humanity While he was in prison Nick endured horrible abuse that scarred him psychologically. When he got out of prison he tied to make a life for himself with Gabi. But he kept what happened to him secret. He let it fester inside him and it drove him to some dark places. He played games with an innocent unborn child's life by blackmailing Will into signing away his parental rights before Arianna was born.

Then over time he became more and more obsessed with Gabi to the point where he tried to rape her and she him with a rock thinking she skilled him and he was thrown into the river by Kate, Sami and Gab he let them think he was dead after he was saved by the bird-watcher Percy. Then when he came back he falsely claimed he couldn't remember what happened. Then he blackmailed Kate into giving him his job back. He blackmailed E>J. by threatening to reveal his tryst with Abigail and was starting threaten Abigail as well. He blackmailed Gabi into being with him and emotionally abused her.

Then after a conversation with Julie Nick had a moment of epiphany and called Marlena. Unfortunately right after Nick left a voice-mail for Marlena a frightened, desperate, pushed to the brink Gabi showed up and we know hat happened them. Would Nick have followed through on his call to Marlena? Could he have been eventually redeemed? Maybe, but then again maybe not. Sadly those are questions we will never have answered.

But the consensus on the boards seems toe yes;, Nick could have been redeemed.

Now we have Gabi. She went to prison for Nick's murder, yes, yes, she only served fifteen months of her sentence and was released on a technicality. But she went to prison nevertheless. In the two years after her release I would say she's a done a good job of rebuilding her life with Arianna. Admittedly she hasn't always made the best choices romantically speaking but that's soaps for ya. But she wasn't scheming against people or committing crimes. She was living a good life.

Then she was framed for Andre's murder. She was savagely beaten and that beating has scarred her both psychologically and physically. She may never have another child. I just want to make clear I realize the abuse Nick suffered was repeated over a sustained period of time and what happened to Gabi was physical and not rape. I'm not saying the situations are exactly the same just similar enough to draw parallels. I know. Kayla just said it was a possibility and that's not been officially confirmed. But the important thing t is that is what Gabi believes and belief is enough to fuel her rage.

Gabi has been driven to a dark place at the moment she's all about revenge and I believe has lost her bearings. She is all about revenge.

Now maybe I'm way off on this whole parallel thing but as I write this I am becoming more confident that moment of epiphany will come to Gabi as well and I'm just hoping that it's sooner rather then later. And Gabi will seek the help I believe she needs before it's too late.

Land-a-goshin but I do go on when an idea comes mind don't I? Well, you can't say I didn't warn you.
        Kudos, Troy! ICAM! Truer words were never written and I will gladly and proudly co-sign and like if possible! I especially and wholeheartedly agree with
        That's exactly why I giggle when I read that she's "always been evil" and "hasn't changed" and "she's finally showing her true colors!" I'm unable to speak about what's shown on Days of Assumption and Surmising but I can speak on what was shown on DOOL on NBC. Up until her revenge plot AFTER being framed and sent to prison for a murder that Abby committed and what happened to her in prison, Gabriella did not break laws nor plotted revenge! In fact,
        she wasn't scheming against people or committing crimes. She was living a good life.

Comment

• Mewt
          Mewt
          Executive Poster
          Mewt commented
          Editing a comment
          I must be one of few who like both Gabi and Abigail. I do not think Gabi has always been evil. I think people are referring to her obsession with Chad when he was with Melanie and the fallout from that. You have to admit she was scheming and committing crimes that time.
          Mewt
          Executive Poster
          Last edited by Mewt; August 31, 2018, 06:15 PM.

Interesting, it seems Gabi is taking her revenge plot to another level by gaslighting a pregnant woman. Until I see her showing remorse and seeking help like Nick attempted to do before she murdered him; the jury is still out on her redemption.

By the way Gabi wasn’t living her life happily when Abby killed Andre in SELF defense; Gabi was ranting about her company being stolen and wanting to kill Andre. Who knows what she would have done if Abby did not get to Andre first. We will never know. Oh what a tangled web RC weaves.

Anyway good job OP on your perspective. I don’t agree but maybe RC will come thru for you.

Comment

Originally posted by lovelydtc View Post
        Interesting, it seems Gabi is taking her revenge plot to another level by gaslighting a pregnant woman. Until I see her showing remorse and seeking help like Nick attempted to do before she murdered him; the jury is still out on her redemption.

By the way Gabi wasn’t living her life happily when Abby killed Andre in SELF defense; Gabi was ranting about her company being stolen and wanting to kill Andre. Who knows what she would have done if Abby did not get to Andre first. We will never know. Oh what a tangled web RC weaves.

Anyway good job OP on your perspective. I don’t agree but maybe RC will come thru for you.
        You're ignoring that Gabi has already sought redemption. She did that already. She apologized to Julie, to the Hortons. She went to prison. When she got out she went to Caroline to seek help in turning her life around. She resumed friendships with Will and Abby, as well as co-parenting. She stopped scheming entirely. And yet that doesn't count for anything. Gabi could sacrifice herself in a fire on Abby's altar and that still wouldn't be good enough. She tried doing it the right way. And she still got burned.

Comment

• Samisbiggestfan
          Samisbiggestfan
          Recurring Poster
          Samisbiggestfan commented
          Editing a comment
          You’re wrong! Gabi sacrificing her life for Abby would be the greatest redemption story and the only think she can do to make me forgive her for her crimes of stealing her best friends husband, killing Nick, accepting her fathers blood money, and the rest of the crimes she’s committed.

• Jj1701
          Jj1701
          Jj1701 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thing then she doesn't care about your forgiveness.

• ALoyalSoapFan
          ALoyalSoapFan
          Scriptwriter
          ALoyalSoapFan commented
          Editing a comment
          Why would Gabriella give a fig tree about your forgiveness? There are much more Gabriella's fans then there are the extremely teeny tiny baby handful of Gabriella's haters and bashers, that's for sure!

Originally posted by naria View Post
        Gabi isn't like Nick and thier stories aren't the same Gabi is no more evil then Saint Abby who literally got away with Murder !
        I'm not saying is Gabi is Nick. I'm saying that I'm seeing interesting similarities. They both suffered horrible abuse in prison for example and how Nick's abuse informed his actions the abuse Gabi suffered is informing her actions now. That's all.

And I see similarities in how their actions can impact the future of an unborn child for example. But their motivations for example are very different. I even say in the post the situations are not the same.

With respect telling me that Gabi is not Nick is like telling me a cheeseburger is not a Sloppy Joe. They are both made with hamburger and served on a bun. But a cheeseburger is a meat patty toped with cheese and whatever other fixings you desire. Personally I take mine plain but I digress. A sloppy Joe on the other hand the meat is chopped up and prepared in tomato sauce, thus the "sloppy" part of the name. There are similarities but there are vast differences as well. In other In other words I no more think Gabi is Nick then I think a cheeseburger is a Sloppy Joe.

And also respectfully, if you got the impression that I was in anyway suggesting hat Gabi '"evil" in my original post then you must no be familiar with my other posts.

Comment

Originally posted by lovelydtc View Post

First off the "living her life happily" part was in reference to pretty much everything that happened before this year before Gabi Chic got stolen. Second I don't consider Gabi saying one time in a clear moment of anger "I'm going to kill him" to be "ranting." You make it sound like she was going around threatening Andre's life to anyone who would listen. That's not what happened.

But thanks for playing.

Comment

There are similarities between Nick and Gabi. One difference is that if Nick hated you or resented you, he had no problem showing you or telling you how he felt. Gabi, on the other hand, hides behind a fake smile. She has to be underhanded and backstabbing in everything she does.

Comment

You are so passionate about wanting Gabi to be a good girl. But I think the darkness is Gabi’s true nature. But I am a nice person and hate to write what I am thinking, but here goes: Since there are parallels like Nick, maybe Gabi will get a bullet in her back by Chad

Comment

• tiff5555
                tiff5555
                Aspiring soap scribe
                tiff5555 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think Chad would harm his love, Gabi. Even if he did, he and Abby would not be riding off in the sunset. Most likely Abby will be the one.

• Abby_fan
                Abby_fan
                Abby_fan commented
                Editing a comment
                tiff5555
                Aspiring soap scribe
                tiff5555 How much love do you think Chad will have for a woman who deceived him into thinking that his child by his wife is a rapist’s baby. I will tell you how much: NONE!

• Mewt
                Mewt
                Executive Poster
                Mewt commented
                Editing a comment
                Tiff. Really. In what soap world do you get that Gabi is Chad’s love?

I doubt the writers have even given it a second thought and how Gabi's story parallels Nick's story. The writers aren't that deep.
              Beca Drags
              Aspiring soap scribe
              Last edited by Beca Drags; August 30, 2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Great parallel points,
                Troy44
                Board Regular
                Troy44 it may not be the same stories but I see the dark points here. I do believe Gabi will come out of her darkness, most probably from JJ's help. Not the best choice for me, but I believe it will be his job. I feel like Gabi is in a dark place and does not know, how to handle it...or want things to go her way. She is very hard trying with Chad.

Comment

The parallels have something missing - absolution. Gabi consistently owns it all. She suffers the negative consequences once exposed. Others, not so much. Gabi lacks the luxury of a crutch like amnesia or DID.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X