Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! Is Kayla not going to have a chance??

...to tell Steve what she did before he's arrested?? It looks like his last day onscreen is spent with John at the hospital. Who does RC think is going to like this?! I hate it.

Nope, he's just gone...............................Days is a mess.........

Comment

It's happening off screen? Really? That's such a huge insult to the fans.

Comment

Don't blame the writer. He doesn't have any influence over employment matters.

Comment

So bad and so wrong for RC to do Steve and Stayla like this!!!!!

Comment

SN is a brilliant actor, but I've been ready to say goodbye to Steve Johnson since the moment he submitted to Ava's demands. Far as I'm concerned, the character died right there. He's been a shadow of his former self since then, right up to the last, where he stands helplessly witnessing Kristen terrorizing the wedding attendees, and he does absolutely nothing. He doesn't even look deeply concerned.
            DAYS doesn't deserve Nichols, and they let his fans down with the dreck they wrote for his character.

Comment

I love Stephen Nichols, but I have never been a Patch or a Stayla fan. But I agree with others, this may not be RC's doing. He's the head writer, not the EP or the ones in charge of contracts. And based on what SN has said publicly about being blindsided about being written out, it sounds like no advance notice was given. Ron may have started the storyline this way, expecting it to continue, and find that he couldn't. And I'm not surprised Steve would get arrested BEFORE Kayla could tell him what she did; it's much more soapy that way. But I agree, regardless of my being a fan of his or the couple's, the actor and the couple deserve a better exit, so I hope at some point TPTB and SN can come to an agreement to give the character a proper sendoff. The way they eventually did with Peter Reckell and the character of Bo.

And for the record, Key, Steve did try and do something at the wedding. He went after the gun until Kristen fired off a warning shot. It wasn't much, but it was a heck of a lot more than John or any of the other men (aside from Brady and Eric) did. Still SMDH at that.

Comment

SN leaving DAYS was not up to RC.

Comment

I have to agree with two members, it's not Ron's fault in what Days do with employment. Days has budget issues, and their ideas of what the stories should look like. Don't know what happened to Billy either. Maybe next year, when Days gets their act together, then yeah, we will see the actor again. The actor just didn't wanted to work one day a week, but later decided too, but it was too late for Days.
                  tiff5555
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  Last edited by tiff5555; August 31, 2018, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Cat women
                    Cat women
                    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                    Cat women commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not true. Days told him he'd be back in 4-12weeks, but that has't happened, so the show could have repaired some of this. Days isn't going to get their act together, because they just don't care. Budget problems are a huge issue for the show, and that isn't going to improve either.

Writers have a huge role in determining the direction of characters and the show, it's not solely up to them, but you see how much the show changes with each new writer. The producers are to blame too, and any other person with whatever title they happen to give to anyone running this circus.

If no one is to blame and these are just employment issues, why even get interested in another story if characters can disappear in the middle of scenes being filmed day to day. The show is still promoting Steve's bionic eye story in their fall previews which makes the show look even more foolish.
                    Cat women
                    Last edited by Cat women; August 31, 2018, 05:31 AM.

• tiff5555
                    tiff5555
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    tiff5555 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It can be true if the writer has a hold on who they can write for....but I heard that Stephen wasn't happy with just one day and try to increase the number of days.

• Cat women
                    Cat women
                    Cat women commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SN agreed to the contract, he was told he'd be back in 4-12 weeks but that never happened without another word to him. If the writers wanted him back he'd be back, if the producers wanted him back he'd be back. The show should have just said we don't want the character here at this time and wrote him out. Instead they're still promoting the bionic eye story for their fall preview, but the guy with the eye just disappeared.

Originally posted by TV Man View Post
                  Don't blame the writer. He doesn't have any influence over employment matters.
                  That doesn't mean there was nothing that could have been written better than this. He could have easily written it off in one single episode: Steve finds out what Kayla did and takes off because he can't handle it and needs time alone. That could have even been done in two scenes. One scene where she tells him, one where he takes off. Done and still better than this garbage.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X