Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few thoughts about the wedding

I had to catch up on several episodes this weekend, so I am late posting but wanted to offer a few thoughts on John and Marlena's wedding.

- Jennifer looked beautiful! Lovely and appropriate. She gets my best dressed award.

- Marlena looked beautiful also and her dress was fitting for the occasion, considering she is in her 70s and has been married several times. I still love the blue dress from her last wedding though.

- Kayla - why? Why do they dress her this way? She doesn't have a bad figure, but who thinks these full-skirted 1950s dresses are a good look for her? I think it's actually a coat. I would love to see her in a straight dress, single color.

- I liked Claire's song and that they asked her to sing - nice way to acknowledge her music career.

- The absences from current characters were glaring in my opinion. I know, I know, budget issues mean everyone can't be on screen at the same time. But this was a BIG EVENT. It has been touted for months. Can't you make an exception and at least have all the current cast present? Notable absences - Kate (Marlena's good friend), Maggie (her absence is totally unacceptable, she and Marlena have been friends since the 1970s, Hope (I know they aren't on great terms but come on!), Rafe (Marlena's former son in law), Victor, Doug and Julie. So Valerie gets to come, but not these characters that they have much more history with? Makes no sense.

Marlena's dress was pretty. Kayla's dress was cute but I would like to see her in something form fitting for a change. Valerie looked lovely. Plus I loved Susan/Kristens wacky ensemble. The guys in their tuxes all looked handsome.

The rest of this comment may be zapped but here goes. Why oh why is this event taking place in Horton square? Just like Eli's and Lani's baby's funeral was held there, what? Just dumb in my opinion. Plus there are all these people sitting around and not one can take Susan down! It's not like she had an automatic rifle. And then everyone just stood around while Marlena is layed out flat on the ground. The reactions from all these seasoned actors was so underwhelming. Like not even trying.

Comment

I liked the comment Sonny made to Will when he first encountered a distressed Will in the park. Will said he left the wedding because he had needed some air and Sonny's response was: "It's an outdoor wedding." LOL. And then Will stammered, saying he was dehydrated and needed some water.

But I agree, it did seem like an odd place to have the wedding. Was there any mention in the lead up to the wedding episode why they were holding it there?

Comment

I'd like to know why all the badass secret agents just stood there holding their pants up while Kristen made her speech and waved her pistol around.

Comment

Originally posted by Key View Post
          I'd like to know why all the badass secret agents just stood there holding their pants up while Kristen made her speech and waved her pistol around.
          Good question. It was kind of entertaining watching this with my brother in law, who dropped by to visit during the last 10 minutes of the show. While Kristen was standing there monologuing, he kept saying "Someone could take the gun right now." Then when she tossed it to Sami, he kept saying, "It would be really easy to take the gun now. Problem solved."

It took some of the drama out of it but he was right.

Comment

Originally posted by auntbee View Post

- The absences from current characters were glaring in my opinion. I know, I know, budget issues mean everyone can't be on screen at the same time. But this was a BIG EVENT. It has been touted for months. Can't you make an exception and at least have all the current cast present? Notable absences - Kate (Marlena's good friend), Maggie (her absence is totally unacceptable, she and Marlena have been friends since the 1970s, Hope (I know they aren't on great terms but come on!), Rafe (Marlena's former son in law), Victor, Doug and Julie. So Valerie gets to come, but not these characters that they have much more history with? Makes no sense.
            I agree. They pulled out all the stops for the double wedding last fall. Almost every contract cast member was there. I wish they could've done the same now -- at the very least included Maggie and Victor, Doug and Julie.

Comment

Well, keep in mind CATC the double wedding featured Chad, Abby, Sonny, and Paul. These four characters are related to every contract cast member.

Comment

I can’t understand why they dress Kayla in those boxy dresses and sweaters. They make her look like a box. I would love to see her in form fitting dress.

Comment

Dull dull dull dull and dull.

Comment

Originally posted by jackielynn View Post
                    I can’t understand why they dress Kayla in those boxy dresses and sweaters. They make her look like a box. I would love to see her in form fitting dress.
                    This question is as much to Auntbee and MrsDashDunning as it is to you Jackie, was what Kayla was wearing even a dress? Honestly it looked like a coat of some kind, though I actually did like it. It was very different looking, but when she first walked down the aisle, I was like, 'What on earth is she wearing?' But it was definitely better than the printed 50's style dresses they usually have her wearing.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X