• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dayzfan4life01
    Board Regular
    • Jun 2014

What ever happened to JKJ?

Was just thinking about the potential for a Philip Kiriakis return and Jay Kenneth Johnson. Anyone know what he's up to these days? He seems to keep a super low profile and doesn't appear to have done any acting since 2015...
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

JKJ quit Days for the second time, years ago. Heard that few years ago, he was doing a movie or something. He had long hair and a beard. Reminds me of Brad Pitt. Days could ask him back again...but they are fearing that he might not be interested.

Comment

• KCJ506
      Recurring Poster
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
      JKJ quit Days for the second time, years ago. Heard that few years ago, he was doing a movie or something. He had long hair and a beard. Reminds me of Brad Pitt. Days could ask him back again...but they are fearing that he might not be interested.
      If Days can't get him back as Philip, I think Jacob Young would be a good choice for a recast.

Comment

• carson288208
        carson288208 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed on JY as a recast !!!!
    • ant48
      Senior Board Member
      • Jun 2015

I think it was allegedly said somewhere several years back that when JKJ was asked if he would ever go back to Days. That JKJ had said that he would never go back to work for Days again and that a few factors as to why being that he claims that he was treated terribly by the show and by Ken Corday.

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think he quit the second time to try out for Hollywood again. He just wanted to become big, like Jensen Ackles, but it was not in his cards. He should be lucky if Days are considering him back.
    • gymguy68
      Contract Poster
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by dayzfan4life01 View Post
      Was just thinking about the potential for a Philip Kiriakis return and Jay Kenneth Johnson. Anyone know what he's up to these days? He seems to keep a super low profile and doesn't appear to have done any acting since 2015...
      The last Philip was played by John-Paul Lavoisier who in my opinion, did a great job. The writers need to keep the central characters in the thick of things and stop getting rid of them after a few weeks. I don't blame JKJ for not wanting to come back.

Comment

• CherryPoppins
        Under-Five
        • Jun 2018

The cast is limited by a limited budget. They have to save returns for special occasions and make it very temporary. They cannot have big events with the entire cast because of cost. Not to mention production and all it entails behind the scenes and extras. The price likely isn't right for JKJ to agree to return.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X