Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny being selfish

I'm just watching Friday's show and while I agree and it was a major breakthrough for Will remember their wedding I also think it was extremely selfish of Sunny to believe it was more important for will to keep remembering than it was for Will to return Marlena wedding. What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by cs1983; August 25, 2018, 12:35 AM.

I don't think it was selfish at all. Will deserves to keep remembering his memory. He got it all back basically he remembers his parents and his daughter now because Sonny forced him to keep remembering it wasn't selfish at all.

Comment

• soapfan21
      soapfan21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that he still would've remembered them even if Sonny hadn't been pushing his agenda. He was remembering before Sonny showed up. There's no reason to think he wouldn't have kept remembering things if Sonny wasn't there.

I am shocked that Will is resisting to go back...like he remembers, so go back to Sonny and say goodbye to Paul.

Comment

• JackandJenfan
      JackandJenfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Just because he remembers, doesn't mean he should just forget the past couple of years.

Doesn’t Sonny admit that he’s being selfish in the episode? Well, the point was Will keeps running away from remembering. It could be considered what Sonny is doing is selfish considering it is Marlena’s wedding. From Sonny’s POV, this is the only thing he has with Will, and for “the love of his life” to remember their time together, is very important to him.

Comment

• cali815
      cali815 commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly don't think that Will was / is running away from remembering. I think he was just wanting to remember for himself first and then share it with others as he saw fit. It is a very personal and emotional experience and he wanted to experience it without someone with such strong ties to his past that has been wanting him to remember from the moment he met them. I think he may have been that way even with Marlena -- at least for the first rush of memories.

Is it strange to dislike a character except in certain situations or relationships. This is how I feel about Sonny. I don't like him nor do I like him with Will. But I really love him being Ari's dad and his relationship with Gabi. It's just odd these conflicting feelings. Anyway I am not looking forward to a Will and Sonny reunion at all. And I do feel bad for Paul as I saw a real connection with he and Will.

Comment

I don't think recovering from a severe case of amnesia should be back-burnered to attend your grandma's fifth wedding, or is it the tenth, or what?
      Probably the best wedding gift she got. Beats out a doll and a center-mass hit, anyway.

Comment

• kteach
        kteach commented
        Editing a comment
        "You took the words right out of my mouth" as the song goes. Dollars to doughnuts there will be at least a couple more vow renewals/Jarlena weddings in the future (even without this shooting)….buying a candy bar during the ceremony would have been selfish, getting your memory back...not so much.

I didn't find it selfish at all. Will needed to be pressed to remember the rest of his memories - afterwards he remembered Arianna, Sami, Lucas and everyone else. Paul pushed Will as well after Will remembered the first Wilson ILUs.

Sure, it was inconvenient timing, but who cares? Marlena's wedding doesn't take precedence over Will's recovery. Sonny did the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Key View Post
        I don't think recovering from a severe case of amnesia should be back-burnered to attend your grandma's fifth wedding, or is it the tenth, or what?
        Probably the best wedding gift she got. Beats out a doll and a center-mass hit, anyway.
        Indeed. Even if the wedding had gone off without a hitch, I'm pretty sure John and Marlena both would be so far beyond thrilled and if anything would be glad recovering from this amnesia took priority.

I suppose it could be viewed as Sonny being a little selfish, but I don't see that as being a dominant or even close to dominant part in all this. He knew Will needed to be pushed and so he pushed. And it worked. Will finally got the memories of his life back. And with them, the love for Sonny he was so determined wouldn't emerge even if the memories did. I've been waiting for these two days of scenes like my mother has waited for John and Marlena, John and Kayla, and others to reunite. And I was not disappointed. They were beautiful and it was perfect that Sonny was the one with him. I was downright emotional. I think I'll be keeping these episodes on my DVR for a bit.

Comment

Sonny did the right thing. Getting his memories back is a life changing thing for Will.

Comment

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post

Indeed. Even if the wedding had gone off without a hitch, I'm pretty sure John and Marlena both would be so far beyond thrilled and if anything would be glad recovering from this amnesia took priority.
            I agree and was just going to post the same thing. I think John and Marlena will be ecstatic that Will has finally gotten his memory back and when he apologizes for missing the rest of the wedding, which I'm sure he will, they will tell him he did the right thing (for more reasons than one!).

Comment

It is selfish, but I don't fault Sonny for it. While I don't feel bad for him that he had to watch Paul and Will together because he rushed into his decision without considering how WIll felt. But I don't fault him at all for being honest about his feelings. It's up to Will to decide what he wants to do. And now he has all the facts.

Comment

Will was not just remembering his life with Sonny. Recalling Arianna's birth? Caroline's speech at the wedding? Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by icyblue2034 View Post
                  I suppose it could be viewed as Sonny being a little selfish, but I don't see that as being a dominant or even close to dominant part in all this. He knew Will needed to be pushed and so he pushed. And it worked. Will finally got the memories of his life back. And with them, the love for Sonny he was so determined wouldn't emerge even if the memories did. I've been waiting for these two days of scenes like my mother has waited for John and Marlena, John and Kayla, and others to reunite. And I was not disappointed. They were beautiful and it was perfect that Sonny was the one with him. I was downright emotional. I think I'll be keeping these episodes on my DVR for a bit.
                  The scenes were beautiful. Sonny asking Will if his love for Paul depended on him forgetting his past with Sonny was so important. Will has constantly be reassuring Paul and even himself that remembering doesn’t change the way he will feel ever since he’s wanted his memory back. Paul and Will definitely don’t carry the history and the love story of Will and Sonny, so it’s pretty obvious who is the love of Will’s life and why Will wouldn’t want to remember out of fear of hurting Paul.

Comment

Sonny is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. will is a cheater who cheated on Sonny when Will was in LA,mr hen he cheated again with Paul. Poor Paul. he was dumped by Sonny for Will and now he will be dumped by Will for Sonny. I do not like Will, never did. Sonny is a dope. Paul is the best of the bunch and he is being treated like isht by both of them.

Comment

I thought their scenes were amazing. I wasn't planning on watching this week but Friday's episode was hilarious (Sami + Kristen) and so beautiful (Will + Sonny).

The joy, the tears, the memories. The smiles on both of their faces. I understood why Sonny was "pushing" so to speak. I didn't view it as selfish. I was glad the storyline progressed moved well in that episode, and it was partly due to Will not running from it.

I don't know much about the history of Will/Paul/Sonny but their standout scenes on Friday made me take notice. Will and Sonny's moment was deep. Deeper than any Will and Paul scene I've seen.
                      Last edited by KatLovesSoaps; August 25, 2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X